PDA

View Full Version : Truck body musings...

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.03, 12:34 PM
The other night at work, I was ogling a silver H2 die cast that would look great on top of my Mini Mauler. I thought about it a while, then decided against it cuz it's too heavy. Later, I opened a box of 1/24 scale die cast Maisto's and wouldn'tcha know it? A nice maroon H2 SUT. So that got me thinking more. Then I was at Hobby Lobby and they have a die cast put-together kit that's an H2 SUT that is bright orange; I mean Le Mans Sunset Orange. :cool: They also have a Lightning model kit; with complete engine bay.

I think I'll go with the Lightning model kit and get some really small hinges so I can roll up to the spot and pop the hood. :cool:

So whaddya'll think? Die cast bodies would look cool and they're so much cheaper/easier, but they are really really heavy. Model kit bodies look equally cool, but they take longer to put together/paint, but they weigh a lot less.

pHREDD
2004.12.03, 12:43 PM
The other night at work, I was ogling a silver H2 die cast that would look great on top of my Mini Mauler. I thought about it a while, then decided against it cuz it's too heavy. Later, I opened a box of 1/24 scale die cast Maisto's and wouldn'tcha know it? A nice maroon H2 SUT. So that got me thinking more. Then I was at Hobby Lobby and they have a die cast put-together kit that's an H2 SUT that is bright orange; I mean Le Mans Sunset Orange. :cool: They also have a Lightning model kit; with complete engine bay.

I think I'll go with the Lightning model kit and get some really small hinges so I can roll up to the spot and pop the hood. :cool:

So whaddya'll think? Die cast bodies would look cool and they're so much cheaper/easier, but they are really really heavy. Model kit bodies look equally cool, but they take longer to put together/paint, but they weigh a lot less.

For the Z the die cast is out of the question. Too heavy and can fry fets. As far as your MM goes....Im nit sure if it could hurt your electronics or not. I do like the detail of the die cast and like not having to paint, pluse it a little stronger than the plastic. Go for it Dude.....keep us updated on your progress ;)

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.03, 12:50 PM
Well I just sent an email to The Race Factory in NC - store I bought my MM from. Hopefully they'll exchange it for me. I shoulda wrote some sob story about how it's for my paraplegic son and his only joy is R/C trucks and this is the only Christmas present I can afford. :rolleyes:

HammerZ
2004.12.03, 01:15 PM
There are a few Z's that I've seen here that had die cast bodies on them. But they also had fet upgrades as well. If anything it makes a Z drive like an Xmods.

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.03, 10:53 PM
The bodies aren't going on a MZ; they'll go on my Mini Mauler. ;)