PDA

View Full Version : New Beginnings.

pHREDD
2004.12.03, 08:42 PM
Here is a post on the status of our race club in Chattanooga. We finally found a warehouse that was 10 x 20 feet in size. We got our RCP tracks in and headed to our new place. Upon arrival we unboxed the tracks and started installing rail and laying track. To our surprise we could only fit about one wide L track in the building. It was really disappointing to have a couple of boxes full of track left and nowhere to lay it. We wiped the frowns off our faces and decided that it was better than nothing and started racing. I must say if we were not disappointed enough, none of our cars would run right. They would glitch to the left, then to the right or suddenly take off in reverse. The metal storage building just interfered with the cars reception too much. We could not get a race in at all. We hung our heads and cried, packed up the track and told the owner of the building that we wouldn’t be back. It was a dark night for our race club.

I was at work today with about 30 minutes to go when I got a phone call. It was Todd calling telling me about a new place he found and I needed to go with him to meet the guy and talk about a room. At first I told Todd that I already had plans with the wife and I couldn’t make it and then I remembered that opportunity doesn’t knock everyday. I decide to go with Todd and meet the guy with and called my wife and told here to hold on for a half hour and I would call here after we were done. We drove about 2 miles from where I work to an old school that had been turned into a recreation center. They had a basketball court, ping pong tables, and the usual stuff you would find in a recreation center. We meet the guy running the place and talked to him about a room to rent. What he told us next was almost unbelievable.

We were told that he could set us up in a room for a few months for free. All the recreation center asked in return was for us to put on a exhibition every couple months for the kids. He said as long as we give back to the community there would be no charge for the room. These rooms are full size class rooms I am guessing around 30 x 30 feet. The room is climate controlled with power outlets everywhere. Our track can be set up and left in the room under lock and key. The guy at the center said he could also take pictures and advertise for us in their pamphlets and brochures that they hand out. Is this a dream come true? I was stunned at the offer. We are going to meet next week to finalize the deal as there are some details to work out. It could fall through and that’s the way it is with everything in life. Were going to keep our fingers crossed.

I just wanted to post this so that all of our members that surf these forums will be in the know and also to all the other members that keep up with our soap operas.

terraz
2004.12.03, 09:14 PM
Very Cool... hope all works out, I would love to find a place to set up my track permanently.... Rec Center , We got a brand new one of those.....????

techno
2004.12.03, 09:27 PM
Very Cool... hope all works out, I would love to find a place to set up my track permanently.... Rec Center , We got a brand new one of those.....????
very cool i hope that some day i can get a crew together and do that

HammerZ
2004.12.03, 09:28 PM
I have had the crazy glitch problem on mine if I stand inside my metal carport. But out side of it I am fine. Those metal walls and roof bounce the signals all over the place.

mini-z
2004.12.03, 09:37 PM
Awesome, hope your lucky streak continues! Let us know if you need an MZR banner for the track! :)

McLaren F1 T3
2004.12.03, 09:45 PM
wow, its from nothing to everything, this really is a fantasy that came true... :D
thats awesome phredd, i hope it all works out :)

Ninja
2004.12.03, 10:10 PM
Mini-Z, go ahead and put us down for one of those. wonder if we could get and RCP-Tracks banner? RCP helped us out alot, just want to at least give hime some recognition.

pHREDD
2004.12.03, 10:19 PM
Awesome, hope your lucky streak continues! Let us know if you need an MZR banner for the track! :)

That would be Fantastic mini-z, we will tell people who ask (and those who dont)to visit mini-zracer.com for information and to buy parts. We may be giving away a couple RTR kits to the kids on exhibition day. (small price to pay for room and board) The Center hopes the RC cars will spark an intrest in the kids and keep them coming back (and off the streets). It could really turn into something good.

Thanks for the replys guys...we will keep this thread updated with pictures of our track and the kids.

I want to give out a special thanks to mini-z for this great site. Without the information kept on these forums, I would have never got hooked on these little R/C cars.

Also a special thanks to the members (you know who you are) Without their imaginations and accomplishments (and how-to pages) I don’t think I would have stayed interested in this great hobby.

Lastly a special thanks to RCP ;) for making the tracks that make this hobby fun

I feel I need to say its not a done deal yet. We will know for sure next week.

cam2
2004.12.03, 11:23 PM
sweet deal! best of luck :)

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.03, 11:26 PM
YES!!! That's awesome news guys!!! I have a couple days off next week; we need to get together and start getting the track set up. That is very very very exciting news. Good on ya Todd. :D

Oh yeah, where is this joint? :p

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.04, 02:36 AM
I'd be happy to put one on my track :rolleyes:

Camshaft
2004.12.04, 11:42 AM
I'd like a banner as well. :)

Once you get the car circuit hooked up, why not a small rock crawler course as well? I'll be sure to visit next time i'm in TN.

JTrusley
2004.12.04, 07:50 PM
Yes i would like to say thanks to RCP, Mini-Z Racer.com, and all the people that race with Chattanooga Mini-Z Race Club.

Ninja
2004.12.04, 11:33 PM
i just found us a lap timing system for $65 and can handle 8 cars for up to 10 laps. i also got a computer system donated to us for use with a lap timing system :D what do yall think?

pHREDD
2004.12.04, 11:47 PM
Sounds Fantastic!!! Cant wait to see it. Can you give us any more details?

Ninja
2004.12.05, 07:20 AM
the computer will be nothing fancy, its an older model with windoze 95 on it, but we dont need a brand new system just for the lap counter. the lap counter is hand made in Belgium by a company called VRS. hopefully i can order it next weekend. just hope i have the money

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.05, 11:53 PM
Cool cool cool. But no one answered my original question. :rolleyes: Where is it?

And Camshaft: Rocko is the shiz. :cool: :cool:

Ninja
2004.12.05, 11:55 PM
Its an old school turned into a rec center close to where Todd lives

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 12:23 AM
Which is where? :rolleyes:

Ninja
2004.12.06, 12:26 AM
I am not sure how to explain it. If you know where Fred works it is close to there as well. I'm going up there tomorrow to test out the reception and talk to "the man" some more with Todd. If you want to meet up with us we could accomodate that. I got ALL of my cars running again. it is a miracle :D yes even the Mini Quake ;) CA glue goes a long way

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 12:47 AM
Nope, dunno where Fred works. :D :D Ya'll have too much fun without me and I'm lost. :( I'm working tomorrow, or I'd definitly go with ya'll.

Glad you got the Quake fixed, I thought I tore it a new one fa sho! :p I still haven't got my Mauler sent off. The shop I bought it from said I was the first "defective" MM they've sold and they weren't sure how to handle it. Maybe I'll have to wait until Christmas to get my Christmas present. :rolleyes:

Ninja
2004.12.06, 01:15 AM
probably be better sending the MM off to the company that made it instead of the seller you bought it from

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 11:29 AM
Yeah I called that shop Saturday and they said that might be the way to go. They were gonna check for me and email today. Not yet... :rolleyes:

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.06, 12:56 PM
FANTASTIC things keep getting better and better, looking forward to January and my visit to your neck of the woods.

pHREDD
2004.12.06, 03:27 PM
Eric, the building is in tifftoina, 24 west get off at browns ferry, go left. go to light and go right. The center is on the right you cant miss it. I cant remember the name... John something rec center :rolleyes:

DBR, it is sounding better all the time. Lets hope our luck holds out. :) Todd and Lamar just told me they went to the center and the room is 40' X 40'. We should be able to combine 2 wide L's and 1 wide oval to make a huge RCP track :cool: .

Jan 6 is the date right DBR?

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 07:17 PM
Tested the building and everything works out fine. Phredd the room number is 201 on the second floor we have heat and air already there and alot of power outlets. Looking forward to these thursday.

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 07:19 PM
Eric, the building is in tifftoina, 24 west get off at browns ferry, go left. go to light and go right. The center is on the right you cant miss it. I cant remember the name... John something rec center :rolleyes:

DBR, it is sounding better all the time. Lets hope our luck holds out. :) Todd and Lamar just told me they went to the center and the room is 40' X 40'. We should be able to combine 2 wide L's and 1 wide oval to make a huge RCP track :cool: .

The name of the school Eric is John A Patten Rec center

Ninja
2004.12.06, 08:42 PM
well the room isnt quite as big as i mentioned before. i counted tiles and it came up to about 28' which is still plenty enough to set up most of our track :D it was big enough i played with my TC3 in the room

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 08:44 PM
well the room isnt quite as big as i mentioned before. i counted tiles and it came up to about 28' which is still plenty enough to set up most of our track :D it was big enough i played with my TC3 in the room

Speaking of TC3 i am looking at them on Ebay :D :D :D :D

Ninja
2004.12.06, 08:44 PM
should i start making your drift tires this week? :D

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 08:46 PM
should i start making your drift tires this week? :D

Nope just going to buy a Motor and Esc dont need Tyres.
:D

Ninja
2004.12.06, 08:48 PM
oh yeah, we already determined that didnt we :D i have you a cheap ESC sitting right here, since they arent available on Ebay any more :( just remember, no less that a 13 turn motor

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 08:53 PM
oh yeah, we already determined that didnt we :D i have you a cheap ESC sitting right here, since they arent available on Ebay any more :( just remember, no less that a 13 turn motor

are you wheels 26mm or 24

Ninja
2004.12.06, 08:54 PM
26 i think, not sure though, i cant find my ruler.

*edit* i think that the 24's are for the buggies, 26's for the 190mm sedans and the 30's are for 200mm sedans

JTrusley
2004.12.06, 08:57 PM
26 i think, not sure though, i cant find my ruler.

*edit* i think that the 24's are for the buggies, 26's for the 190mm sedans and the 30's are for 200mm sedans

Ok :D :D :D :D

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.06, 10:25 PM
DBR, it is sounding better all the time. Lets hope our luck holds out. Todd and Lamar just told me they went to the center and the room is 40' X 40'. We should be able to combine 2 wide L's and 1 wide oval to make a huge RCP track .
Great....big and wide and super fast!!!!

Almost, Wed Jan 5th is the day I plan to be down there, now this new place is IN Chattanooga?

pHREDD
2004.12.06, 10:41 PM
Great....big and wide and super fast!!!!

Almost, Wed Jan 5th is the day I plan to be down there, now this new place is IN Chattanooga?

Yes it is 2 minutes north of chattanooga. I will get everyone to take vacation day on Jan 5th. we should have a super setup and I wil take pics of the room and the track as soon as we get set up. It should be this week sometime.

The momentum is building.....

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 10:53 PM
Ok cool, I'll dig up some maps and get myself there. :cool:

I'm working Thursday night, anyone wanna meet up tomorrow for some racing? :)

pHREDD
2004.12.06, 11:07 PM
cant do it tomorrow....if you need directions call me and i will talk you through it :D

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 11:18 PM
I might haveta. Would I be able to go over there and go to the room and drive around? Is the track there yet? I could put it together on my off days this week so it'll be ready to go Thursday.

pHREDD
2004.12.06, 11:23 PM
I guess you could go and drive around or just see the room. The track isnt there yet and we are waiting final word that the room is ours. I know Todd and Lamar went there today and drove around and I think they moved all the chairs from the room sorta getting it ready for us to move in. It sounds like its a done deal but Im still waiting on the final word.

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.06, 11:29 PM
Oh I see. Ok, then I reckon I'll work on my dirt track in my backyard su'more. :cool:

Ninja
2004.12.07, 07:42 PM
done deal. moved a few chairs up to the room for us to sit in

pHREDD
2004.12.07, 07:53 PM
how long have we got it? Do we race Thursdays?

Ninja
2004.12.07, 08:11 PM
race whenever we want as long as they are open, latest they will be open tho is 9 PM

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.08, 04:04 AM
So just for giggles....how many of you meet for racing?

Oval bodies are available now

pHREDD
2004.12.08, 09:37 AM
On Jan 5 we will have 6 including you at the least :D . We have had as many as 12 before. There are about 5 of that are hard core and show up every thursday.

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.09, 11:57 AM
That sounds good, my garage gets only three or four but we have a blast.

bENZinO
2004.12.11, 05:41 PM
ok, so i got a chance to get on while i was at the library w/ carrie. didnt havetime to read much but i atleast had to drop a line and let everyone know i was in here (briefly)

pHREDD
2004.12.13, 11:38 AM
Good to here from you David. Its been awhile since you were on here. It looks like everythings set for this Thursday. We will be racing at the Rec center.

Eric, will you be able to make it?

Shaun
2004.12.13, 11:58 AM
Hey pHREDD
Make sure you take pics of the rec center track. :)

Can't wait to see it!

pHREDD
2004.12.13, 12:47 PM
I plan on it :D we are really looking foward to setting up.

Ninja
2004.12.13, 03:18 PM
i was looking foward to it last week but someone rained on my parade :(

pHREDD
2004.12.13, 05:40 PM
Last week I though the parade was canceled :confused:

This week its on!!!

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.13, 11:12 PM
NO! I have to work Thursday. AGAIN. :( But I'm off Tuesday and Friday. I've got to tote around the old lady Tuesday night; something about an anniversary? I dunno. :confused: Anyway, Tuesday afternoon, 'bout 3'ish for a few hours would work for me; as would all day Friday. I go in Wednesday and Thursday at 4 so I could race in the mornings.

Anyone? Bueller?

Actually, I need to finish my brother's car first. Then I can race his car and mine. :D

Tim
2004.12.23, 02:19 PM
Where is the rec center at? It's been a long time since I played, I'm goin into DTs! :eek: I might be able to make it on the 30th. I'll have to hoble, sinc I had a motorcycle wreck Thanks Ginving, almost lost my foot. :D

pHREDD
2004.12.23, 04:56 PM
Hey Tim!!!! long time no see :D We had just about gave up you ya! Your welcome and wanted to race with us on our new track at the rec center. If you shoot me a email (fred.brown@att.net )I will reply with my cell #. We are trying to plan a all day race on Jan 5. Im not sure about next thurday as the rec center may be closed for the holidays (like today). Hope to see you soon.

Shaun
2004.12.26, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, a little quiet in here. How are things looking for Jan 5?

I am trying to get that day off so I can come up and race.
What time will you guys be at the rec center?

Shaun

Ninja
2004.12.26, 06:42 PM
things are looking very good, we got lots of track, i got a brand new car, and me and a couple others will be there early, EARLY

Shaun
2004.12.26, 07:20 PM
About what time is EARLY? :)

What kind of new car did you get?

Ninja
2004.12.26, 07:22 PM
Todd bought me a Gunmetal Skyline 01 for x-mas, and early is 10-11AM

Shaun
2004.12.26, 07:26 PM
Thanks Ninja.
If I can get off Jan 5 I'll try to be there about NOON.
I just got my new Iwaver 02 a few days ago. Then spent a lot of time upgrading
almost everypart of it. ;) Can't wait to try it on a RCP track.

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.27, 12:31 PM
What's the date of the big race day? First Thursday of '05, right? That's cool, I'm heading outta town Wednesday, but we'll be back Sunday. :D

Michelle ordered me an IWaver off the bay for Christmas, it oughtta be here any day; along with the replacement parts for my Mini Mauler that she drove down the stairs. :rolleyes:

AND my 1:1 car will see the insides of a new shop while I'm out of town so all his bugs will get worked out; or they can keep it! :mad: Let's see here: vacuum leak makes the car die under 1.5krpm and a bad charging system can't generate enough spark over 2krpm. Yeap, we're good to go. :D

Shaun
2004.12.27, 03:22 PM
Is the day you're all meeting up on Wednesday the 5th or Thursday the 6th?

Ninja
2004.12.27, 07:10 PM
it is wednesday the 5th

pHREDD
2004.12.27, 08:00 PM
Yes it is the 5th. I talked to Chris from hobby town and he is in for the holidays and is going to try to make it. Im really looking foward to it. If the Rec center is open this thursday I hope we get to race then. Shaun, I hope to see you on the 5th :)

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.27, 09:07 PM
Jan 5th....hhhhmmm....well guys I won't be able to make it....unless someone emails me some directions and a phone number....but it is GOOOD to see the group growing and coming together for this day!

Ninja
2004.12.27, 09:12 PM
i thought pHREDD covered that taken care of already

pHREDD
2004.12.27, 09:27 PM
I havent forgot ya DBR, Just was waiting a little closer to go date. I will email ya wit directions and some contact numbers in case you get lost.

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.28, 12:04 AM
No problem then, as long as I get them before I fly on Friday....I would really hate driving around Chattanooga asking people on the corners if they had seen a bunch of grown men playing with little toy cars....DOOOOH! :D

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.28, 12:09 PM
They'd prolly send you to my store to talk to me! :D :D :D

Speaking of which, I picked up a 1:10th R/C for $8 at work last night. ;) ;) ;) We (KB Toyzz) carry a 1:10th digital/proportional Road Champs NASCAR for $30. I was gonna buy one to gut and rebuild but someone bought our last one before I could. :mad: Then one of 'em got returned the other day cuz it didn't work. That's fine with me, I was gonna toss out all the electronics anyway. So I dug it out of the pile of broken toys to return and bought it shopworn and 75% off, so $7.50 + tax. I've already disassembled it and all my electronics will fit with no problems. I just need to go buy a bigger motor to fit. :D

It's a 1:10 Tony Stewart Home Depot Monte Carlo with a little battle damage already. I reckon it ran for a while then quit working; that's why it was returned. But what's cool about it? It has HPI-style hubs, which means I can put super pimp chrome rims on my NASCAR, or I can put black steelies on whatever new body I can find for cheap. ;)

pHREDD
2004.12.28, 03:35 PM
DBR, expect an email from me tonight :D

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.28, 07:44 PM
I picked up a 190mm Mazda 6 body today, too. :D :D :D :D

Ninja
2004.12.28, 07:48 PM
:O dude you went to the LHS AGAIN?

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.28, 07:54 PM
I have no life. :( And there aren't any other shops around that sell odd ball misc items I need.

Ninja
2004.12.28, 07:58 PM
yeah i know the feeling, and ordering off the net and waiting for shipping sucks :(

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.28, 08:09 PM
Ain't that the truth.

Speaking of which, I'm looking for a solid 1:10 4wd chassis to build on, since my RWD NASCAR chassis prolly won't make me too happy with its 320 size motor pod. Whaddya suggest?

I was looking at Tower's site at the Trinity TSpec for $99. I don't want a body on the car; or at least don't want to pay extra for one; since I've already got a rebadged Ford Contour body. ;)

Ninja
2004.12.28, 08:13 PM
i cant really suggest one since all i have driven is the TC3, but they are awesome

ChattavegasSE
2004.12.28, 08:15 PM
Ideally, I'd like a TC3, too, but all I can find are assembled with bodies n stuff for around $160ish. Guess I gotta check out e***. ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.29, 10:46 AM
Bulit a new MF2 last night...four hours fully built and painted. I haven't decided if I'm gonna run it in stock or mod so its not powered yet.

I'm thinking keeping the buggy 19 turn and taking the truck to the mod class.

4WD...I know most companies make a 4WD buggy but its not as popular as the 2WD classes.

Ninja
2004.12.29, 02:56 PM
we drive sedans, not buggies :D but drifting is fun with the sedans ;)

pHREDD
2004.12.29, 05:07 PM
Ninja, are we racing tomorrow?

Ninja
2004.12.29, 05:09 PM
I will have to call Todd later so he can call and make sure they are gonna be open, but as far as i know, yes, i cant wait to race my brand new car :D

pHREDD
2004.12.29, 05:12 PM
brand new car...brand new track.....brand new building......life is good :)

Im looking foward to it!!!

Ninja
2004.12.29, 05:16 PM
yeah me too, and i will have ALOT more stuff coming my way soo, details to be told tomorrow :D

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.30, 10:40 AM
we drive sedans, not buggies :D but drifting is fun with the sedans ;)
hehe...I guess i'm in the offroad mindset as of late....yeah drifting sedans is fun...I like to throw the drift in my HPI PRO3....

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.30, 12:31 PM
Ninja, save me an 02 :D

Shaun
2004.12.30, 06:06 PM
Well guys, it looks like I will be off on Wednesday the 5th. :)
I'd like to get there early, say around 11am. Are there any chairs and tables
we can use? And is there AC power we can use?

Now where is this rec center located. I will be coming up on 75 North bound.

Can't wait! I'll bring my DigCam also.

Ninja
2004.12.31, 09:16 AM
Ninja, save me an 02 :D
will do, and didnt you want that G55 autoscale as well?

Now where is this rec center located. I will be coming up on 75 North bound.
after you cross into Tennessee on 75 take the 24 side of the split. follow it all the way up to the base of the mountain, around the river, and take the Browns Ferry Rd exit. at the bottom of the ramp, turn left. go up about 1 mile to the redlight at Cummings HWY and turn right. its about 150yds on the right. it is back behind a small store and a baseball field, there is a big sign next to the intrance, almost bilboard size advertising some dry cleaning, you cant miss it

or you could wait at the Mc Donalds and someone will meet you there.

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.31, 01:18 PM
will do, and didnt you want that G55 autoscale as well?

No need for the G55 body, but am very interested in an 02, it's a "must have" since RCM brought his over to the Garage and whooped us all good with it.....everyone knows ya can't kick a sleeping DOG and not expect to get bit! I am just looking for some teeth!

See ya'll on Wed morn, someone said about 11am? Sounds good to me, will call Phredd when I get in, probably Sunday or so.

JTrusley
2004.12.31, 04:51 PM
Hey DBR
My name is Todd and i look forward to meeting you this wednesday and racing with you some we have the track set up and everything is looking good.

DogbreathRacing
2004.12.31, 05:40 PM
:D Coooool :D
I'll be there!

Twisty Turny...or...Turn Right To Go Left?

Ninja
2004.12.31, 05:43 PM
ill make a pic of the layout and post real soon, just so you will know, even though you wont have time to practise

Ninja
2004.12.31, 06:10 PM
ill make a pic of the layout and post real soon, just so you will know, even though you wont have time to practise
here is the track layout we have right now :D hope you like it

Shaun
2004.12.31, 07:37 PM
That layout looks like fun. How wide are the lanes?

Ninja
2004.12.31, 07:38 PM
they are about 39" wide

JTrusley
2004.12.31, 07:46 PM
Hey Ninja is this one http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album403/Picture_177

Ninja
2004.12.31, 07:47 PM
yeah, but you need to call me

JTrusley
2004.12.31, 08:02 PM
yeah, but you need to call me
JTrusley@comcast.net

Shaun
2004.12.31, 08:02 PM
they are about 39" wide

WOW! That's a nice size track. Add about 6 cars and let the good times roll. :)

I like the pit lane. Very nice.

JTrusley
2004.12.31, 08:17 PM
WOW! That's a nice size track. Add about 6 cars and let the good times roll. :)

I like the pit lane. Very nice.
yes it is very fun shaun and very fast see you Wensday

pHREDD
2005.01.01, 09:55 AM
LAst Thursday was a blast. THe track and room combo was perfect. forgot to bring my camera to get pics of the setup but I did happen to have my camera phone :rolleyes: . not very good pictures but here they are.

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421568702/35.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421568702/36.jpg

Happy New Year!!!!

Shaun
2005.01.01, 11:40 AM
Looks like a NICE set-up. I don't have any SUPER motors so we'll see just how fast I can get around that track. Maybe I won't get lapped? :)

Are there plenty of AC outlets in that room?

Ninja
2005.01.01, 11:53 AM
yeah, theres a couple, we can see about borrowing a table to put in there as well to sit chargers etc on. and to be competitive and such we normally just run our X-Speed motors so you wont need anything too hot. did you figure out my directions ok?

Shaun
2005.01.01, 01:41 PM
I don't have an X-Speed but I do have the stock Iwaver armature in a different can with screw holes so I can mount it. Maybe it won't be too slow.
As far as directions go I'll let you know if I need any help. Thanks :)

Ninja
2005.01.01, 01:42 PM
if you post your e-mail i will get a list of everybody's cell phone numbers and e-mail them to you before wednesday

Shaun
2005.01.01, 02:08 PM
macmail101@yahoo.com

Thanks Ninja

Ninja
2005.01.02, 11:15 PM
well guys i just figured up the total order for my new "shop" today. i am ordering EVERYTHING from David here at Mini-Z Racer. The order total came to around $1700. You guys inspired me to do this, I hope I get your support.

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.02, 11:34 PM
Well now I go outta town for a few days and Ninja goes and opens a shop! :eek: Reckon I can't leave you boys alone. ;)

I'll be working every day this week from 1-5, but I will definitly make it Wednesday morning to race from whenever you guys get there to about noonish. Sucks having a job. :rolleyes:

That track is so wide, I bet I could make a lap easy in an XMod!! :D :D My IWaver came in the other day, and it smokes my old 01, so I'm gonna toss the 01's guts into an XMod chassis and have an AWD Mini Z; or fry it in the process.

Hopefully, I'll have my 1:10 car done by then as well, I just need to ghetto up the steering servo and the battery tray. :rolleyes: Also, my Mini Mauler parts should be in any day now; I ordered them from the LHS last Sunday. :D

I'm gonna need another pit box. :cool:

pHREDD
2005.01.03, 12:15 AM
I'm glad you are going to make it on the 5th Eric......Ninja....where u gonna store all that stuff??? Anyways good luck with it!!!

Ninja
2005.01.03, 12:19 AM
i will store all the big stuff (readysets) here, but most of it is small enough to keep at the track so that we have it when needed.

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.03, 12:48 AM
That's awesome Ninja. :cool: I'm sure you'll get some of my money before too long. ;)

I just got an IM from a friend saying someone offered him some beat up old nitro TC3 stuff. He picked it all up right away and is giving me a Ford Mondeo 190mm touring car body for nothin. :eek: A Mondeo is the European version of my car that doesn't suck as bad as my car. :(

Ninja
2005.01.03, 12:49 AM
LMAO i guess thats one way of putting it, now all you need is the TC3 ;)

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.03, 12:55 AM
Yeah I know! :eek:

Found some confusing info on www. lightning hobby .com; what's the difference between a TC3 and a TC4? They have two chassis sets that are $60 difference, but as far as I can tell, they're the same. Now granted I'll try to find them cheaper somewheres else, but I still can't figure out what's different. :confused:

JTrusley
2005.01.03, 10:51 AM
Yo Ninja we praticing today? Do i want to know what all you ordered from Mini-Z or is it TOP SECRETE

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:53 AM
i would like to come up if i can find the gas money. give me a ring. and we ARENT getting married :p

JTrusley
2005.01.03, 10:55 AM
i would like to come up if i can find the gas money. give me a ring. and we ARENT getting married :p
ha ha you getting your taxes done

L-BURN-U
2005.01.03, 10:56 AM
checking on it today

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:58 AM
oooooooooops, darn random insanity, aka turettes syndrome :D

JTrusley
2005.01.03, 11:03 AM
oooooooooops, darn random insanity, aka turettes syndrome :D

WHATEVER YOU JUST SAID

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.03, 05:45 PM
Ninja needs to lay off the sauce; New Year's was a couple days ago! ;)

No Mini Mauler parts for me yet. I talked to Steve today and he tried to get me to buy a new nitro TC3 RTR for a little over 300 bucks. I managed not to spend any money on this trip to the LHS. :rolleyes:

Ninja
2005.01.03, 09:57 PM
dont buy the nitro, they are harder to control when drifting and such, and they arent as reliable as an electric either. i wish you guys had have been at the track today, Todd and I had a blast. I got both our cars hooked up pretty well despite our bad driving skills :p

Shaun
2005.01.03, 10:03 PM
Hey Ninja, what tires have you guys had the best luck with on that RCP track?

Everything still looks good for Wednesday! I'll try to be there around 11AM.

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:07 PM
i run 10* radials in the back and 20* slicks in the front, i also just sent you an e-mail. the place where the track currently resides doesnt open till 11:30-12:30 so it would be a good idea to stop for lunch. I have to work that day but i am going to try and get out around lunch, if not i will get there ASAP

Shaun
2005.01.03, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info Ninja. I'll plan on being there about 12:30.
Do they have any vending machines at the rec center?

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:18 PM
only for drinks, no snacks. but we are allowed to carry any food we want up-stairs with us. i have eaten up there many times

terraz
2005.01.03, 10:19 PM
Ninja needs to lay off the sauce; New Year's was a couple days ago! ;)

No Mini Mauler parts for me yet. I talked to Steve today and he tried to get me to buy a new nitro TC3 RTR for a little over 300 bucks. I managed not to spend any money on this trip to the LHS. :rolleyes:

If you are looking for a Nitro TC3, I have one with Huge amount of hop ups, Race ready and if it had wings it would be a jet.

PM, If intrested 300.00 I have it at a hobby shop right now for consignment, But could get it back. ;)

Ninja do you have any Nitros? I have three of them and love them nothing like the sound and feel of a Nitro. Hyper7 Buggy, TC3, Terra Crusher .21 :D

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:21 PM
ino i do not have a nitro yet, i want to get a Revo soon, but have heard bad things about them, i might get the new Losi Monster (whatever it is called)

Shaun
2005.01.03, 10:23 PM
only for drinks, no snacks. but we are allowed to carry any food we want up-stairs with us. i have eaten up there many times

Sounds good. I probably bring some snacks with me. How long do you guys plan on staying at the track?

Ninja
2005.01.03, 10:24 PM
till they close, at least 8:00 that night. also there are a Bi/Lo and a small conveniance store within walking distance

Shaun
2005.01.03, 10:27 PM
Looks like somone's going to be making a snack run. :)

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 12:22 AM
there are pleanty of places to eat...mickey d's, hardees, taco bell...and a pizza delivery too.

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 02:23 AM
Baw man! I've got to be at work at 1. :mad: Sonnabeech, no racing for me. :(

I got my $8 1/10th scale NASCAR running tonight. It runs pretty quick, even with the stock 320(???) motor. :D I think my servo's gone bad, it's real crummy steering now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :p

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 08:24 AM
well aint that a bunch of crap. are you ever going to get to race with us again Eric???

Ninja
2005.01.04, 06:28 PM
eric what time do you get off of work, i might have to work till 5 or so :( :mad: i should have scheduled the day off sooner

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 07:08 PM
Now I get off at 9:30. Unscheduled trucks suck. :(

Yeah Fred, hopefully one day I'll get to race again. When my school starts back, I'll have a lot more free time. :D

Ninja
2005.01.04, 07:09 PM
dude if you let us know a deffinate schedule then you, Todd, and I will set up one day and race. and if anyone else wants to join us then thats fine by me, the more the better

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 07:11 PM
Check my edit. :D

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 07:26 PM
Ninja, did you give Shaun all our contact numbers?

I talked to DBR tonight....everythings all set.

Ninja
2005.01.04, 07:32 PM
I gave him Todd's cell phone number, that should be all he needs

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 07:36 PM
NInja, you and Eric should get sick around lunch time tomorrow. :D

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me; except I really am sick! :p Caught somethin up in Louisville last weekend; I've been sick all year. :(

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 07:38 PM
Ninja - whaddya think 'bout racing Saturday around 6?

Ninja
2005.01.04, 07:39 PM
i kinda have a date with a really hot chick from work saturday, so i dont know

Shaun
2005.01.04, 08:34 PM
i kinda have a date with a really hot chick from work saturday, so i dont know

Oh no! Dipping your pen in the company ink! ;)

I'll see you guys tomorrow around 12.

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 08:34 PM
Oh no! Dipping your pen in the company ink! ;)

I'll see you guys tomorrow around 12.
LOL who are you talking about?

Ninja
2005.01.04, 08:35 PM
yeah, we are going out Friday too :D she got fake boobs and all :rolleyes:

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 08:36 PM
ohh you must be going out with kelli

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 08:41 PM
Shaun give me a call tommorow and we can meet sometyme and i will call Phredd and David so we can meet. Hey Phredd we are we going to meet for lunch?

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 09:02 PM
Can't beat that with a stick!! :eek:

Ok ok, what about racing Thursday night at the courts at 6? I'm down for that for sure. :cool:

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 09:43 PM
yeah we can meet for lunch...i gotta eat sometime :D

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 10:50 PM
yeah we can meet for lunch...i gotta eat sometime :D
IT is a plan then i talk to david and told him to meet me at my house at 11am

Ninja
2005.01.04, 10:52 PM
you guys suck, you really do, i hate you all

j/k lucky bastids

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 10:54 PM
Soonds good....I got the MMT ready to go and a few other Z's as well. I will bring a F1 so we can at least have one of everything to run.

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 10:57 PM
you guys suck, you really do, i hate you all

j/k lucky bastids

You sound kinds sick Ninja, are you gonna be able to make it all day at work tomorrow? ;)

Ninja
2005.01.04, 10:58 PM
i would do it but i was aout one day last week for being sick, and im gettin better now, but stomach flew about 10:00 am sounds good ;):D

pHREDD
2005.01.04, 11:01 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed that you wont get better....i mean get better. :p

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 11:20 PM
We will keep our fingers crossed that you wont get better....i mean get better. :p
MINI Z Fever is going around

JTrusley
2005.01.04, 11:21 PM
MINI Z Fever is going around
your the lucky basteerd going ()ut with Kelly

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 11:44 PM
So Kelly's got some tig ole bittys, huh? :D

Ninja
2005.01.04, 11:46 PM
ill try and get you guys some pics to drool over ;) :D

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.04, 11:53 PM
LOL! I'll print 'em out as decals for my Viper. :D

Ninja
2005.01.05, 10:43 PM
lmao, dude, wish you were there today, we all had a blast :D pics to come soon

Ninja
2005.01.22, 01:17 PM
i picked up a few things for the track room today, some colored chalk, and a couple of felt erasers for the chalk boards

pHREDD
2005.01.24, 10:52 AM
lmao, dude, wish you were there today, we all had a blast :D pics to come soon

Waiting on the pics....

Ninja
2005.01.24, 12:02 PM
pHREDD you were there :rolleyes:

pHREDD
2005.01.24, 03:13 PM
ill try and get you guys some pics to drool over ;) :D

sorry, i ment this :eek: :o

Ninja
2005.01.24, 06:10 PM
sorry, no luck with that, i lost my job, remember?

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.24, 06:13 PM
Who are you again? :confused:

Shaun
2005.01.25, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, looks like I'll have to work until 6:30 on Thursday. Won't be able to come up and race. :( I do have Friday off if anyone wants to race then? Let me know.

Todd I have all your stuff that you picked out in a bag. I'll bring it with me when I come up there next.

I received my order from DingBall today. It was missing items I ordered. :(
Hope they send my missing items soon. I sent an Email to them today. Now I sit and play the waiting game.

Shaun
2005.01.25, 08:56 PM
I did get my GPM Radial tires and my X-Speed. I already put the X-Speed in a BB can with holes so I could mount it to my pod. :D Can't wait to see how the tires work and the motor performs on the RCP track.

arch2b
2005.01.25, 08:58 PM
very nice setup. i look forward to your review. 8 deg. gpm's right?

Ninja
2005.01.25, 08:59 PM
i have those same tires on my f-50 now, just got them in this week, i have 8* for the rear and 10* for the front.

Shaun
2005.01.25, 09:03 PM
very nice setup. i look forward to your review. 8 deg. gpm's right?
Yeah 8 degree GPM Radials. I have two different tread patterns. I'll try both to see if there are any differences in performance.

pHREDD
2005.01.25, 10:36 PM
Yeah 8 degree GPM Radials. I have two different tread patterns. I'll try both to see if there are any differences in performance.

I dont think you will see any difference in the 8's and 10's. too small a difference.

ChattavegasSE
2005.01.25, 10:37 PM
Yeah, better give a set to me. That way we can test on two cars to see the difference better. :D

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.25, 11:15 PM
I dont think you will see any difference in the 8's and 10's. too small a difference.
i noticed it but that was on fatigues foamy side up

Shaun
2005.01.26, 09:41 AM

Both GPM Radials that I have are 8 Degree. Just wondering if the tread pattern will affect handling ?

arch2b
2005.01.26, 10:17 AM
maybe to some very slight degree. byebye bought several of the various treaded pattern tires and he said he preferred one over the other but i don't recall which. either way the best way to find out is to try :p