PDA

View Full Version : alloy side body clips?

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 11:34 AM
Does anyone make alloy side body clips?

-pickles

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 11:47 AM
Does anyone make alloy side body clips?

-pickles
That might not be a great idea...thye'd have no flex and would be stronget than the body and the chassis. During toe to toe racing it may cause a chasis or body to break...delrin though might be good. Just my thoughts...then again alloy may be good for a crawler or monster

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 12:02 PM
I can replace or repair bodies and chassis', but clips are another story. I want some alloy ones that I can bolt rather than glue to an Enzo body.

In the bottom of a 10 car pileup of plastic wreckage I want to see surviving body clips. It's not the racing that's rough, it's the before and after racing that are murder, where 10-15 sugar crazed Dorks are running amuk.

-pickles

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 12:09 PM
IIn the bottom of a 10 car pileup of plastic wreckage I want to see surviving body clips. It's not the racing that's rough, it's the before and after racing that are murder, where 10-15 sugar crazed Dorks are running amuk.

-pickles
hahaha....thats a funny visual. I'd have to ask for a video...I'm assuming your avitar is all their reactions. :p

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 12:16 PM
hahaha....thats a funny visual. I'd have to ask for a video...I'm assuming your avitar is all their reactions. :p

No, they say that is my reactions... ;)

-pickles

arch2b
2004.12.09, 12:24 PM
i have never heard of anyone producing alloy body clips. that doesn't mean it can't be done though. anyone with cnc contacts could have it done easily given they can model the existing in a format necessary for the cnc process.

HammerZ
2004.12.09, 01:56 PM
The only ones I've heard of are the megatech ones, those are just the front piece not side clips. and even then it's the older bodies that those where made for.

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 02:10 PM
I have the GPM alloy front clip and it sure has put a halt to those things constantly breaking off at the holes.

-pickles

HammerZ
2004.12.09, 02:44 PM
The side clips, if they where alloy and screwed on. You would have to drill holes in the body to mount them. Problem arises when you drill those holes, it weakens the body. Basicly the clip will not move and the body will or at least half of it, will still come off. ASC,s at around $30 each cost too much to tear in half every race. Just my two cents.

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 03:03 PM
I thought I'd really be pressing my luck looking for an alloy body...

-pickles

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 03:10 PM
I thought I'd really be pressing my luck looking for an alloy body...

-pickles
Pickels...you may want to look into a tank. Maybe a full on CO2 pellet mod would be in order...can't have it shoot mere rubber pellets!

ExtraPickles
2004.12.09, 03:21 PM
Any type of projectiles are prohibited by the rules even though we are all protected with thick glasses held together in the middle with duct tape. Pretty much anything else is fair game after the races are over. Duct tape! Lightbulbs are going off in my head.... tougher than alloy or Lexan... faster than a speeding bullet... able to leap tall pileups in a single bound...

-pickles

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 03:34 PM
Any type of projectiles are prohibited by the rules even though we are all protected with thick glasses held together in the middle with duct tape. Pretty much anything else is fair game after the races are over. Duct tape! Lightbulbs are going off in my head.... tougher than alloy or Lexan... faster than a speeding bullet... able to leap tall pileups in a single bound...

-pickles
and the funny thinkg about dict tape the surface texture changes the airflow ever so slightly to give more downforce!

The dorksonwheels crew needs to think about a NYC trip when the DC crew is in town to keep expanding this gtg.

ExtraPickles
2004.12.10, 09:03 AM
I find the whole downforce thing at this level of size and speed to be BS myself, but that's just my personal opinion and findings and YMMV.
The mysterious disappearing clip that started my search for alloy goodness has miraculously reappeared in a forgotten pile of plastic rubble and all is well with my world. With copious amounts of duct tape applied in strategic areas I am once again ready to do battle this weekend with the forces of evil.

Peace!

-pickles