PDA

View Full Version : New York Zity

Pages : [1] 2 3

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 03:37 PM
hmmm...its seems the NY thread is all messed up...I can't seem to post or see all of the posts that get e-mailed to me...so....

1)Monster!!! AWESOME...congrats. I'll look foward to giving you a personal congrats on saturday. Its good to see you're going. As for the 02...its MUCH better than the 01 and you'll need to get a second hand me down now.

2)Any final word on saturday? Time? I might be a tad late as I am waiting on my overlad to come back from the shop who is going to let me know by tomorrow if its set for tomorows delivery or Sat. AM. If anything but Sat. I'll be there as soon as HKS opens. I want to test the repair and fet stack on the track!

3)Looks like we'll without the 04's for saturday...oh well.

Sorry for taking a new thread up but we all know how these things go...this is where my work procrastination is....or should I say that work is by procrastination from this as this takes up more of my day, lol.

BTW do other people see my posts or is it just me? I dont htink so as cam said something about not seing them...and michvin and emu said something about blank pages...

cam2
2004.12.09, 04:56 PM
hks should be open at 2pm on saturday. i'll call tommorow to make sure.

arch2b
2004.12.09, 05:00 PM
you guys better practice for this springs ny/dc gtg :p

cam2
2004.12.09, 05:09 PM
you guys better practice for this springs ny/dc gtg :p

already talking trash!? :D just kidding, i'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

arch2b
2004.12.09, 05:12 PM
just sparking some interest :p byebye is the muscle behind our group :cool: i'm just here to act as a screen or traffic :p

btw, we only have 1 thread.... a very long one

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 05:35 PM
just sparking some interest :p byebye is the muscle behind our group :cool: i'm just here to act as a screen or traffic :p

btw, we only have 1 thread.... a very long one
Out thread is longer (and has more girth because we have two).

A big gtg will be fun. I'm lookign foward to it...I reccommend it be followed up with lots of refreshments.

Gotta love motor sports courtesey of cameltoe.bolt.com

thought I found a worthy avitar but I couldnt fit her...

michvin
2004.12.09, 10:49 PM
well, if there's an award for longest thread - we have it :)
I'm all support for a GTG. MUST be fun - will do whatever i can to help to organize it.
NYers, whith such a challenge we need a team body or at least paint scheme :)

michvin
2004.12.09, 10:50 PM
Out thread is longer (and has more girth because we have two).

A big gtg will be fun. I'm lookign foward to it...I reccommend it be followed up with lots of refreshments.

Gotta love motor sports courtesey of cameltoe.bolt.com

thought I found a worthy avitar but I couldnt fit her...

ruknd,
she's too big. I'm not talking about her measurements, i'm talking about file size. there's a limit of 60 kb i think

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 10:52 PM
ruknd,
she's too big. I'm not talking about her measurements, i'm talking about file size. there's a limit of 60 kb i think
:eek: didnt know...though would be better if she were bigger and 3d ;) .

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 10:52 PM
I'm all support for a GTG. MUST be fun - will do whatever i can to help to organize it.
I've been screwing around with logos...I'll posta few when I get them right. I'm thinking something like the red z from here with new york zity over it (without the z in zity if you get my drift). TO get a decal like cam got in the initial d set may be reasonable. I'll have to look into it. Any interest in this? Just a thought...

michvin
2004.12.09, 10:54 PM
:eek: didnt know...though would be better if she were bigger and 3d ;) .
yeah.... and soft to touch... :rolleyes:

michvin
2004.12.09, 10:58 PM
how this logo will go on car? paint on or decal?

arch2b
2004.12.09, 11:01 PM
what kind of track do you guys run on? sorry for asking but i haven't read the entire (ny) thread

we can use my corespeeday timing system ;) although you guys would have to get sensors but they are suposed to be cheap.

byebye
2004.12.09, 11:05 PM
Should be interesting. Arch2b I got the clear chassis sets today and a set of gunmetal bbs. Hope to have the m3s for saturdays gtg/practice/testing/setup. I hope to have everything tomorrow.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.09, 11:10 PM
what kind of track do you guys run on? sorry for asking but i haven't read the entire (ny) thread

we can use my corespeeday timing system ;) although you guys would have to get sensors but they are suposed to be cheap.
HKS has an AMB transponder systema nd its wired through the store so I'm not sure about a core. The track is fatigues foam side up.

BTW how is the core so far? Is it worthwhile to get if its just me practicing at home and maybe a newbie or two?

look online emu..a place like railgraphicsdecals.com might be a god option for water decals. I just did a google for custom decals. Maybe the shop or someone else knows of a place? I know someone at my track makes name decals for people windows on 1/10 and htat would be a good scale for z bodies....

michvin
2004.12.09, 11:12 PM

it's kinda RCP surface, but not rcp brand with white foam barriers. track is small and technical we use 1/10th scale transponders (saw the hole in rear window of my car?)

cam2
2004.12.09, 11:14 PM
we go to a place in chinatown in manhattan called HKS. he uses tiles that are similar to the smooth side of RCP tiles. good traction but not as much as rcp's tiles. but that makes it more challenging. unfortunately his website is down.

we also went once to this place (http://actionrcspeedway.com/) in staten island. really big track not to technical but fast. we haven't gone back cause it's a little far. i don't think the locals liked us being there either.

michvin
2004.12.09, 11:17 PM
look online emu..a place like railgraphicsdecals.com might be a god option for water decals. I just did a google for custom decals. Maybe the shop or someone else knows of a place? I know someone at my track makes name decals for people windows on 1/10 and htat would be a good scale for z bodies....
oh... if it's a decal you can let your fantasy fly :)
but please no naked girls- i'll have trouble explaining my wife what they are doing on the roof of my car :D

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2004.12.10, 12:10 AM

How about a group name? ONCE we have a name we can get T-Shirts......

How about a vote?

I suggest the following... NYC MINI Z RACERS & IWAVER CLUB or
NYC MINI Z & IWAVER RACING CLUB

Any other suggestions????

What time are we meeting on Saturday?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the Congrats...... :)

michvin
2004.12.10, 12:35 AM
How about a group name? ONCE we have a name we can get T-Shirts......

How about a vote?

I suggest the following... NYC MINI Z RACERS & IWAVER CLUB or
NYC MINI Z & IWAVER RACING CLUB

Any other suggestions????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the Congrats...... :)
i've been thinking about shorter name:
metro Z or just NYz.. any thoughts?

EMU
2004.12.10, 03:47 AM
ruknd; in the other thread, I didnt see your posts in the thread, but saw them in the email notifications.

Michvin, LBRC has made a small review on the IW TX over at MRCC.

As for competition... I just spent the last 4 hours building the cars that I got today, and adding bearings to my 02 (wheel and body change to C5-R). I havent gotten around to painting it, and dont think I want to before I bring it on Saturday. I will be going to HKS tomorrow to work on the setup and fine tuning. The 02 is stock with bearings, Alloy wheels, alloy lock nuts, and Atomic 8d radial rear tires and 10d slicks up front.

I have to test the other cars that I finished tonight. I need to resolder a bunch of wires tomorrow. When the guy said a parts car, he really meant in parts. Servo wires and power wires were disconnected from the PCB. Servo was completely disassembled with broken gears. Luckily I had all the parts that I needed to get the car assembled. This car has some serious parts. Id say that the chassis set alone is worth more than what I paid for the entire package.

Since I got 2 chassis sets in the package, I decided to give one to my friend Jon. He put his together, using a few Iwaver parts that were needed. Mainly screws, 1 knuckled, triangle for H block. Hes going to be running a yellow S2000 now ;) My other friend who I was with tonight, I gave him an Iwaver 01 chassis set, and had him set it up for the emaculate F360. This thing has not blemish on it at all. Both the cars have 20d tires all around, with wides in the rears. I also used the stock 02 tires on the Z8 body. Non offset fronts with wide rears. The S2000 has 2.5 offset fronts with wide rears. The body and light fixture will need to be sanded a little, but it will clear without a problem (hits the top of the body where the lights are).

I am mainly going to focus on the 02, but will bring a backup incase there are problems.

edit: Michvin, I kind of like the name NY-Z

Maybe we could do a logo with the empire state building in it?

Arch2b, if we are going to do a GTG, you better watch out... Ill be the official roadblock, to protect my teams victory ;) (more like ill just be sticking to the rails). Hopefully less with the 02 than the 01. I also just got in my first good set of tires.

cam2
2004.12.10, 09:41 AM
i like NYz. nice and short it'll be easier to put on a car.

arch2b
2004.12.10, 10:00 AM
simplicity rules

cam2
2004.12.10, 10:16 AM

is everyone good with 2pm?

EMU
2004.12.10, 11:16 AM
is everyone good with 2pm?
Im down for 2pm.

Cam, are you going to bring the Iwaver bodies?

Michvin, I will bring the wheel with me on Sat, and whatever games I can scrounge up (probably some older ones). If I cannot get the games for Saturday, I can allways drop them off during the week. I work a block away from your house from 7am -10:30am mon-fri.

Now time to finally test those cars that were built last night.

cam2
2004.12.10, 11:49 AM
Im down for 2pm.

Cam, are you going to bring the Iwaver bodies?.

good news i found the ford gt! i've got them sitting next to my other cars so i don't forget them.

EMU if you go to HKS today can you ask him if he's definitely opening up at 2? i've heard that he doesn't always open the place on time.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 12:50 PM
2pm is good with me. NYZ is still my favorite. Watching Initial D has my logo ideas leaning towards that direction...NYspeedZ is a cool name too. We've got months to figure it out...yeah Arch, I have a tendancy to spin out and create a nice road block :eek: . This will be fun.

Hopefully my OL will be cak from the shop if not then I'll live. Picked up the Kawada from the PO today and its as much of a build as a 1/10. I'm looking foward to it. I'm going to take my time and see what I can do about increasign durability. I see its going to need a servo saver and some of the gearing will have to be changed from the plastic.

Shirts would be fun too but we cant just narrow it down to the ES building...maybe a characture with the whole skyline...I did a cool one of Boston for a magazine a few years back...maybe I'll use that for inspiration.

Good stuff! Tomorrows going to be a good time. Cam you stopping by LI raceway tonight to survey the land? I'll be there either way. Rebuilt by diff this week and fixed the shock towers. I'm hoping for an extra lap.

EMU
2004.12.10, 01:16 PM
good news i found the ford gt! i've got them sitting next to my other cars so i don't forget them.

EMU if you go to HKS today can you ask him if he's definitely opening up at 2? i've heard that he doesn't always open the place on time.
Great that you found it ;) There is an 80% chance that I am going to HKS tonight, so I will speak to Alan and let him know that he will have big business tomorrow.

I feel like a dummy. I dropped some batteries in one of the cars that I finished building last night... Its got all sorts of older hop ups. Thing wouldnt start. So I put all the parts on an Iwaver01 that I have, and know it works. Dropped the batteries in to give it a quick spin around the apartment. Wouldnt turn on. My batteries were dead. I should have checked them before swapping all the parts... :eek: I forgot that I had 1 set that I didnt charge since last time I was at HKS, and the other 2 sets I used to break in some motors. :(

mini-z
2004.12.10, 01:47 PM
Maybe the shop or someone else knows of a place? I know someone at my track makes name decals for people windows on 1/10 and htat would be a good scale for z bodies....

Yes, we can get custom decals done for you! :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 01:53 PM
Yes, we can get custom decals done for you! :)
What's the cost? Say 2 color or 3 color. What materials? I'm sure the DC crew with those new M3s would like to know too ;)

arch2b
2004.12.10, 01:54 PM
no reason we couldn't do a joint venture to commerate the occasion :p

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 01:57 PM
ohhh good idea. gtg event decals too. We could get them really small and put them on the fenders like sponsor decals!

mini-z
2004.12.10, 02:08 PM
Arch2B can fill you in on the quality etc., as they are all over his cars! :D They would be the same as the MZR decals we sell in the Shop.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 02:10 PM
Arch2B can fill you in on the quality etc., as they are all over his cars! :D They would be the same as the MZR decals we sell in the Shop.
Whats the general cost of these?

michvin
2004.12.10, 03:13 PM
i'll be at HKS tonight but i'll come back home really late - 1-2am.. i'll try to post tho when they will be open tomorrow.

EMU, when do you think you'll get today to HKS? And i'll hardly play any other game but CMR. i have 3 versions of it installed on my PC :D

Team logo: i love the idea of NY skyline and team name in front of it

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 03:18 PM
i'll be at HKS tonight but i'll come back home really late - 1-2am.. i'll try to post tho when they will be open tomorrow.

EMU, when do you think you'll get today to HKS? And i'll hardly play any other game but CMR. i have 3 versions of it installed on my PC :D

Team logo: i love the idea of NY skyline and team name in front of it
that could work...but the more detailed it is the more printing costs will be generally.

Though it would be awesome to have a detaield one for the hood and a simple one for the doors

michvin
2004.12.10, 03:20 PM
i ntend to keep it simple

cam2
2004.12.10, 03:27 PM
what about just the outline of the city skyline and NYz over it?

michvin
2004.12.10, 03:29 PM
that's exactly what i've been thinking about

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.10, 04:15 PM
arch has been giving me info on decals...the bottom line is very affordable for a water decal sheet slightly smaller than letter sized...i'll get more details and we'll talk about it tomorrow.

Check his Ltd. edition album to see them. Something like the shops decal would work.

arch2b
2004.12.10, 04:29 PM
thanks for the emails. we can now communicate faster sometimes :p let me know what you guys decide on or come up with this weekend. have fun :D

EMU
2004.12.10, 05:53 PM

Ill be going to HKS around 7 or so. If I can find the pedals, I will bring the wheel with me tonight. Its not too bulky.

edit: found the pedals. Ill bring the wheel with me.

mini-z
2004.12.10, 06:27 PM
arch has been giving me info on decals...the bottom line is very affordable for a water decal sheet slightly smaller than letter sized...i'll get more details and we'll talk about it tomorrow.

Check his Ltd. edition album to see them. Something like the shops decal would work.

Actually they'd be on legal sized sheets. ;)

hksdummy
2004.12.10, 10:49 PM
Whose Going To Be At Hks Tomorrow? And At What Time?

This Message Is From Alan @ HKS!

Please Contact Me For Me Information!

HKS HOBBY
96 CANAL STREET #203
NEW YORK, NY 10002

WWW.HKSRC.COM

cam2
2004.12.10, 11:21 PM
hi alan! EMU,michvin,ruknd,nycminizmonster,nutsfu and myself will be there tommorow at 2pm. EMU is supposed to be there tonight and was going ask if you'll be there at 2. see ya tommorow.

hksdummy
2004.12.10, 11:35 PM
hi alan! EMU,michvin,ruknd,nycminizmonster,nutsfu and myself will be there tommorow at 2pm. EMU is supposed to be there tonight and was going ask if you'll be there at 2. see ya tommorow.

If you want to watch the race tonight, you can right from your computer. Please log on to http://hks.no-ip.com:8080 to watch the race. Enjoy!

hksdummy @ HKS

cam2
2004.12.11, 12:00 AM
link doesn't work :confused:

hksdummy
2004.12.11, 12:18 AM
Hey contact me on aim: hksdummy....... There is an error... the correct page is http://hksrc.no-ip.com:8080

Great news on:

December 19, 2004

MINI-Z ENDURO-RACE

STORE OPEN AT 11:00AM

RACING START AT 1:00PM

6 HOURS OF NON-STOP MINI-Z RACING

4 TEAM 3 PEOPLE PER TEAM

EACH PERSON HAS THEIR OWN KYOSHO MINI-Z (MR 01 02 MM RM)

OPEN RACING ANY MOTOR, HOP-UPS, AAA BATTERIES, BODY

MINIMUM WEIGHT 185g / 6.53oz

MUST BE 1/28TH SCALE MAX Width 80mm, Wheel Base 98mm

HKS HOBBY INC.
96 CANAL STREET #203
NEW YORK, NY 10002

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.11, 01:46 AM
Hey contact me on aim: hksdummy....... There is an error... the correct page is http://hksrc.no-ip.com:8080

Great news on:

December 19, 2004

MINI-Z ENDURO-RACE

STORE OPEN AT 11:00AM

RACING START AT 1:00PM

6 HOURS OF NON-STOP MINI-Z RACING

4 TEAM 3 PEOPLE PER TEAM

EACH PERSON HAS THEIR OWN KYOSHO MINI-Z (MR 01 02 MM RM)

OPEN RACING ANY MOTOR, HOP-UPS, AAA BATTERIES, BODY

MINIMUM WEIGHT 185g / 6.53oz

MUST BE 1/28TH SCALE MAX Width 80mm, Wheel Base 98mm

HKS HOBBY INC.
96 CANAL STREET #203
NEW YORK, NY 10002

Oh man thats long. I might have to pop in for that. I'm sure we'll talk about it tomorrow....you sell me an F1 and I cant even use it in the enduro, lol :D

Oh I got home from 1:10 tonight and hte PO tried to deliver the 04 but no one was home. I'll wait for a bit tomorrow but its not looking good for tomorrows gtg....It'll have to wait till the enduro~!

An enduro I might be ok on...I seem to get better as time goes on..I figure that out tonight. I crash every first lap and play catch up. By the end I'm turning my fastest laps.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.11, 02:18 AM
Oh! Sort of good news..my LHS is getting an RCP for mini-t's and they will also have a rental fleet. May be fun.

michvin
2004.12.11, 02:59 AM
Alan is gonna be open tomorrow at 1pm. So 2 o'clock is fine. Even race is possible so we could see how slow we are :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.11, 03:42 AM
Alan is gonna be open tomorrow at 1pm. So 2 o'clock is fine. Even race is possible so we could see how slow we are :)
michvin...not to worry I saw how slow I was tonight :D .

mini-z
2004.12.11, 11:42 AM
R, off topic, but did your OL board get there yet?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.11, 12:42 PM
R, off topic, but did your OL board get there yet?
as I am walking out the door. Impeccable timing! Thanks. I;ll post how well it runs but it looks like its better than new (the solders are better than factory).

arch2b
2004.12.11, 12:43 PM
as I am walking out the door. Impeccable timing! Thanks. I;ll post how well it runs but it looks like its better than new (the solders are better than factory).
i have always been impressed with the quality of the shops repairs. god knows i've given them plenty of practice :p

mini-z
2004.12.11, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys! :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.12, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys! :)
you fixed my pot wire but left it too short :eek: ...so I didn't get to run it. I dont have any more wire that size and allen said he'd fix it for a few bucks...so I'll pick it up next week at the enduro...nevertheless....the fet stack was very clean...in fact I learned a lot by looking at it...and will try my hand again at my busted 01 after seeing your handy work. Also your solders are amazingly clean and kyosho should do such a good job. I've got an idea. In 1/10 the wire is MUCH more flexible and easier to move a round...why doesnt kyosho make a z sized wet noodle type wire and use that..their wire is the biggest downfall...I'll put the fets second (and I cant find anythign else other than not making a pro model all hopped up on carbonfiber hop ups :p .

arch2b
2004.12.12, 01:28 AM
you can buy superflex or spegetti wire ranging from 22ga to 18 ga. you might try the 22ga?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.12, 02:29 AM
you can buy superflex or spegetti wire ranging from 22ga to 18 ga. you might try the 22ga?
Yeah but leaving it at HKS today was the easy fix...I'm gonna fool around on my "practice 01" withe the spaghetti when I got to my LHS this week for some elecs for the Kawaada :p

cam2
2004.12.12, 10:27 AM
would everyone be down for a gtg this weekend the 18th again?

arch2b
2004.12.12, 10:52 AM
here (http://www.nyblimp.com/superior/wire.htm) is a sitew where you can buy 14-20 ga wire

cam2
2004.12.12, 11:21 AM
do you still need a partner for the endurance race? let me know i'll see what i can do about making it on the 19th.

nutsfu
2004.12.12, 12:34 PM
would everyone be down for a gtg this weekend the 18th again?

Count me in.
It was great finally meeting you guys, but forgive me if I forgot most of your real names (I'm terrible with names), but I can match all of you online names to your faces now. :D

After you guys left I finally got my "broken" diablo to work (it didn't have any reverse after i converted the chassis to the gun metal). The car was fine, I had just programmed my EX-1 incorrectly. :o

I look forward to seeing you guys at the track again.

Alex

michvin
2004.12.12, 12:38 PM
do you still need a partner for the endurance race? let me know i'll see what i can do about making it on the 19th.
I do. in fact 2 more partners to make a team :)

cam2
2004.12.12, 12:41 PM
I do. in fact 2 more partners to make a team :)

if i do the 19th i cant do the 18th :( i'll let you know by the end of the day.

michvin
2004.12.12, 12:41 PM
Count me in.
It was great finally meeting you guys, but forgive me if I forgot most of your real names (I'm terrible with names), but I can match all of you online names to your faces now. :D

After you guys left I finally got my "broken" diablo to work (it didn't have any reverse after i converted the chassis to the gun metal). The car was fine, I had just programmed my EX-1 incorrectly. :o

I look forward to seeing you guys at the track again.

Alex
It was nice to meet you too man. Don't worry about the names - half of my friends call me michvin anyway :D
You in for a gtg or for endurance race? I strongly recommend you to show up on Fri nights :)

michvin
2004.12.12, 12:45 PM
It was nice to meet you too man. Don't worry about the names - half of my friends call me michvin anyway :D
You in for a gtg or for endurance race? I strongly recommend you to show up on Fri nights :)
I most prolly won't be on 18th...
going 3 days in a row won't find a huge support in the house....

EMU
2004.12.12, 04:40 PM
I think I will try to make it on Sunday, although I normally work from 8-3pm. I may try to get out early, and get down there in time for the race. I think I will also need to get a real MR02 to be competitive. It was quite embarrasing how my cars were acting up with me at the track.

My IW02 had steering issues, it was centering very slow (impossible to drive), then my MR01 started losing reception, which baffles me because I have not had any problems with that car before. My bro came down to see what the track was all about, I guess it would have been better with less people on the track because he just became a roadblock with my X5. I will have a week of hard work on my cars (focus on the MR01 and the IW02). If I cannot get one to run properly, I think I will pick up an MR02 on friday, and join in on the racing action. I will probably get an Enzo... Although I would much rather get an M3... but those darn DC guys all have them, and I dont want to run THEIR team car. I dont particularly like the Enzo... but my bro has a Mclaren, so my options are limited. If I get an Enzo I will probably get a yellow one, and paint it with a black/green scheme. Hopefully I will have better luck with my cars next week.

Michvin, have you tested the logitech wheel yet?

arch2b
2004.12.12, 05:09 PM
the merc slr might be out by then....... the m3 is awsome! i hate the enzo

EMU
2004.12.12, 05:20 PM
Tower has a good price on the Enzo... 109+ship. Now if I just remembered that coupon code...

Arch, do you know when the SLR is supposed to be released? It will probably cost an arm and a leg as well. Do you know what the offsets will be?

I love the M3, and would get it, but I dont think it will do as well on the track as the Enzo. I already have a good performing RM body (Corvette C5-R, NSX that needs a body clip repaired). Now I want a good performing MM setup, which I have heard the best is the Enzo. I drove Michvin's for a couple laps on Friday, and it felt great.

One thing that really puts me off about the Enzo, is that everyone, their mother and baby brother have them... The same thing with the C5-R... I guess it all comes to the custom paint job.

cam2
2004.12.12, 05:39 PM
i'm in for the 19th! but i can't do 2 days in a row so the 18th is out.

EMU
2004.12.12, 05:43 PM
I should be there for the 17th and 19th. I dont know whether I should just get an F50 from Tower... its $89+shipping... and then I would only have to get an Enzo blank body and I can use my MM mount from the Iwaver 02... Decisions decisions... Michvin mentioned something about Alan charging $120 for the Enzo at the track. I have to see if I can get that coupon deal at Tower... Does anyone know how to find it?

Ruknd, how much did the shop charge you to repair the OL? I think I may need to have my MR01 repaired. I would replace it with an Iwaver PCB, but I am losing interest in Iwaver products for a little while at least. I am going to wait on Iwaver to increase the quality before I even consider purchasing another product from them.

michvin
2004.12.12, 09:32 PM
cam2,
that's great news. As you, i'm out for 18th but will be there on 19th. The Agenda is as following: racing starts - 1pm shop opens 11 am. i think we need to be there at 11 am.
Emu, can you make it? If not, we need another driver to make a team.
Alan mentioned that 4 teams is a max so we need to find out how many teams are registred already. There's a notion on this leaflet that kyosho mini-z is the car you need to have. We need to find out if having an iwaver would be a problem :confused:

michvin
2004.12.12, 09:36 PM
EMU,
the wheel works without even additional drivers, but it behaves strangely: when you define the wheel as a controller the keyboard stops functioning. So it's impossible to select options in the car setup menu since there's no "enter" key on wheel.....

cam2
2004.12.12, 09:59 PM
does the logitech wheel have 900 degrees of rotation like an actual car?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.12, 11:32 PM
Allen said he'd charge 10-20 bucks to fix the OL. I'd do it muself but this week will be a slew of 11pm hours at work and I dont have the time. Actually spent the day working.

I'd like to get into the enduro so if anyone has a spot please let me know. I know I'm not the fastest in the bunch so I understand if I'm not selected.

If I dontdo the enduro I'm gonna pop in to pick up my OL and do a few laps. Also the Kawaada motor mounting sustem is garbage...thing plastic H plate and a Maleable aluminium motor mount. I'll need to see what fits best.

Let me know what the plans are...

michvin
2004.12.13, 12:36 AM
cam2, it has 180 deg. rotation. As a real racing car :)
ruknd, about the enduro....
Lets post who wants to race. then we'll see. ok?
i personally will gladly have any of you guys in a team.

oh, EMU, disregard my post re: wheel :)
i figured out how it works

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 09:29 AM
I'd like to get another day in next week. The enduro is Sunday? Right? That works for me. If I don't do the enduro I'm going to pop in Saturday for some much needed practice.

EMU
2004.12.13, 11:19 AM
does the logitech wheel have 900 degrees of rotation like an actual car?
The wheel that I lent Michvin has 220 degrees I believe. It is the older (Red Wheel) Wingman Force Feedback wheel. My MOMO Force (red base) has 270 degrees and the Momo Racing (All black) has 240 degrees. The new Gran Turismo wheel for the PS2 (can be used with PC as well) will only have 900 degrees rotation with games that allow it to. One of my brothers has it, but when you plug it in, and a game does not allow 900 degrees, it is about 200 degrees rotation. It is a much better wheel than the previous PS2 wheel. The previous was the same as the Wingman Force (newer lower quality version compared to the older red one), with the PS2 buttons on it. I have used my Momo on the PS2 to race against my bro as well, you just have to use a controller to browse the games interface, and if the game does not support button mapping, it gets rather annoying.

ruknd: I meant to ask how much the shop here charged to repair your OL.

Michvin: Glad you got the wheel working ;) After using a wheel, using a keyboard kinda.... sucks! :D
cam2,
that's great news. As you, i'm out for 18th but will be there on 19th. The Agenda is as following: racing starts - 1pm shop opens 11 am. i think we need to be there at 11 am.
Emu, can you make it? If not, we need another driver to make a team.
Alan mentioned that 4 teams is a max so we need to find out how many teams are registred already. There's a notion on this leaflet that kyosho mini-z is the car you need to have. We need to find out if having an iwaver would be a problem :confused:
Interesting point about the Iwaver... I guess it will be time to pick up an MR02. Since we would have to be there at 11am, I will have to get a replacement for my shift at work. I was thinking at first I could just leave around 12, but now that doesnt seem to be feasable. I am not going to race to win (I dont think I stand a chance)... just for the fun of racing.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 11:35 AM
ruknd: I meant to ask how much the shop here charged to repair your OL.

Michvin: Glad you got the wheel working ;) After using a wheel, using a keyboard kinda.... sucks! :D

Interesting point about the Iwaver... I guess it will be time to pick up an MR02. Since we would have to be there at 11am, I will have to get a replacement for my shift at work. I was thinking at first I could just leave around 12, but now that doesnt seem to be feasable. I am not going to race to win (I dont think I stand a chance)... just for the fun of racing.
Oh, the shop was I think $40 and I got the 3x2 which was a bit more. I made a msitske...Allen said 5 or 10 bucks to get the servo case back on and change the POT wires.

Racing would be fun but you never know in a n enduro who will win...if people break cars they are out...so its a bit more of an even playing field.

EMU
2004.12.13, 11:44 AM
Oh, the shop was I think $40 and I got the 3x2 which was a bit more. I made a msitske...Allen said 5 or 10 bucks to get the servo case back on and change the POT wires.

Racing would be fun but you never know in a n enduro who will win...if people break cars they are out...so its a bit more of an even playing field.
I agree about that point... They should have about 40 minutes to repair the car (time it takes the other 2 teammates to run) then if they are not able to get back on the track, DNF.

Was the 3x2 included in the $40?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 11:52 AM
I agree about that point... They should have about 40 minutes to repair the car (time it takes the other 2 teammates to run) then if they are not able to get back on the track, DNF.

Was the 3x2 included in the $40?
No...that was an additional $45...that is in the shops service area.

can you run more than one car? Ie. one breaks theres a back up? I'd also say that stock is an advantage because the punch will stay in teh batteried...turbos and fets may drain a battery down far. Iw as thinking 20 minute run times would be best too.

So whose interested? Me EMU, Michvin, Cam and Nutsfu? Monster you said you couldn't go right? EMU is your brother interested or any friends? We could get two temas together with another person. Anyone know how many teams so far? there are four total right?

EMU
2004.12.13, 12:03 PM
No...that was an additional $45...that is in the shops service area.

can you run more than one car? Ie. one breaks theres a back up? I'd also say that stock is an advantage because the punch will stay in teh batteried...turbos and fets may drain a battery down far. Iw as thinking 20 minute run times would be best too.

So whose interested? Me EMU, Michvin, Cam and Nutsfu? Monster you said you couldn't go right? EMU is your brother interested or any friends? We could get two temas together with another person. Anyone know how many teams so far? there are four total right?
I dont think that more than one car is allowed per person. But if your car breaks down, your 2 teammates can get on the track for their turn, if you cannot fix it in time, then it may be a DNF, or you would be holding your team back until you could get back on the track. This is all speculation. I do not know exactly how Alan is going to run it.

Hmm, youve got a point. My brothers ;) I could make a team with 2 of them... lol. One of them has 2 MR02's, so I could see if he is willing to come.... actually, I dont think that they would want to do a 6 hour race... Who knows, ill ask when I see him.

michvin
2004.12.13, 02:19 PM
I had half an hour free today. Tell me what you think. But be honest :)
ruknd, have you come up with something?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 02:41 PM
I had half an hour free today. Tell me what you think. But be honest :)
ruknd, have you come up with something?
It's not opening though it may be my connection at work...its quite finicky. FYI all, after playing with the Waver TX a bit...its not that great. It resets itself...and the throttle rate changes from time to time.

michvin
2004.12.13, 02:45 PM
It's not opening though it may be my connection at work...its quite finicky. FYI all, after playing with the Waver TX a bit...its not that great. It resets itself...and the throttle rate changes from time to time.

Yeah it's prolly a connection - i can open it. Not a big loss tho... not a masterpiece :)
Throttle rate? what's that?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 02:52 PM
Yeah it's prolly a connection - i can open it. Not a big loss tho... not a masterpiece :)
Throttle rate? what's that?
Sometime I'll pull the trigger and the car bolts others its nice and proportional. Sort of the throttle curve if you will. E-mail me the logo if you'd like...I'd love to see it. What program are u making it in?

michvin
2004.12.13, 03:14 PM
Sometime I'll pull the trigger and the car bolts others its nice and proportional. Sort of the throttle curve if you will. E-mail me the logo if you'd like...I'd love to see it. What program are u making it in?
It was Illustrator.
which car behaves so? all of them? might it be the PCB problem?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 03:22 PM
It was Illustrator.
which car behaves so? all of them? might it be the PCB problem?
Nah....its all of the cars. Its the TX. It's a clone and just that. In the end I wanted a monster but couldnt bring myself to spend the $$$ on the MZM. A monster is more of a toy to me as I'll see no track time and will spend a fair bit of its time tumbling down the street after rolling at high speeds. This fits the bill perfectly and for a few dollars I'll add Kyosho parts and it will be a nice little ride and its still very inexpensive.

As for the logo...its a good idea. Though (haha always a though) I think it needs to be a bit more organic in terms of the lettering. the skyline and basic layout is exactally what I had in mind.

mini-z
2004.12.13, 03:37 PM
Oh, the shop was I think $40 and I got the 3x2 which was a bit more.

Actually it was $24. :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 03:48 PM
Actually it was $24. :)
Yeah I msut have gotten the repair and fet backwards...come to think of it...$24 for a 3x2...I may send more cars in for stacks, lol.

michvin
2004.12.13, 03:51 PM
Nah....its all of the cars. Its the TX. It's a clone and just that. In the end I wanted a monster but couldnt bring myself to spend the $$$ on the MZM. A monster is more of a toy to me as I'll see no track time and will spend a fair bit of its time tumbling down the street after rolling at high speeds. This fits the bill perfectly and for a few dollars I'll add Kyosho parts and it will be a nice little ride and its still very inexpensive.

As for the logo...its a good idea. Though (haha always a though) I think it needs to be a bit more organic in terms of the lettering. the skyline and basic layout is exactally what I had in mind.

organic? :confused:

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 03:54 PM
organic? :confused:
yea...more free flowing...like say the Z in the minizracer.com logo...and the lettering on your avatar.

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 04:32 PM
I am just curious as to who will be here Friday night and on Sunday???
Who will be racing on Sunday???

hksdummy @ hks

michvin
2004.12.13, 04:38 PM
I am just curious as to who will be here Friday night and on Sunday???
Who will be racing on Sunday???

hksdummy @ hks
I'll be Friday night. And hopefully Sunday too. Do you still have a spot for an additional team?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 04:42 PM
I'm in Sunday if there is room. It seems we may have enough people for two teams. Allen, how many teams are you allowing and how many do you know will be participating?

If I dont race Sunday, I'm going to pop in Saturday and pick up my Overland and do a bit of practice. Also, can you get an alloy PN racing 02MM mount by then? Thanks.

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 04:46 PM
I'm in Sunday if there is room. Otherwise I'm going to pop in Saturday and pick up my Overland and do a few laps. Can you get an alloy PN 02MM mount by then? Thanks.

What is this ? "Can you get an alloy PN 02MM mount by then?"

hksdummy @ hks

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 04:47 PM
I'll be Friday night. And hopefully Sunday too. Do you still have a spot for an additional team?

Yes there is still room for another team!! :)

hksdummy @ hks

michvin
2004.12.13, 04:55 PM
good. someone has to be a roadblocker for Alan, Roland and Steve :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 04:55 PM
What is this ? "Can you get an alloy PN 02MM mount by then?"

hksdummy @ hks
The PN Racing aluminum motor mount for the MR02 mid motor.

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 05:36 PM
The PN Racing aluminum motor mount for the MR02 mid motor.

Yup! It is available in the store!

hksdummy@hks

michvin
2004.12.13, 05:37 PM
So, ppl,
Who is the team? Me, cam2 and...?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 05:40 PM
So, ppl,
Who is the team? Me, cam2 and...?
emu you in or working keeping it in the family ;)? I'd love to do it, let me know.

EMU
2004.12.13, 07:17 PM
I was planning on picking up an MR02 on Friday. Setting it up and participating in a race on friday. As well as racing on Sunday.

How much is the enter fee for the Enduro?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 07:22 PM
Pulled this of minizworld.com for custom decals...

You can print your own decals using your inkjet printer on clear label sheets. You can then cut them out and stick on your body.

Avery makes clear inkjet label sheets that work. Look for their #8665 which is a full 8.5x11 uncut sheet. You should be able to get these in the US from any office supply store like Office Depot or Staples.

If you are using a laser printer make sure you get labels made for laser printers. The inkjet labels could melt in a laser printer fuser and destroy the printer.

You can get design ideas from auto sites like:
Bosch
STP
Edelbrock
Holley
Honda Racing
NASCAR
-kai

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 08:54 PM
Hey! Guess what??? New Track Layout. Alan decide to change it this week. You can view the new track layout that I have attached. Enjoy!!!

hksdummy @ hks

hksdummy
2004.12.13, 09:38 PM
Hey! So far two teams are ready and setup. Two more teams are still available. Please get your teams ready. Let me know the team name and the names in the team.

First Team- PK9394 :)
Alan Mok
Steve Lok
Bennett Lo

Second Team- ??? :D
Roland Shao <HPI Champion>
Dennis
Willy Wong

hksdummy@hks

michvin
2004.12.13, 10:50 PM
So i guess it makes a team:
michvin
cam2
EMU

Am i right?

Nice layout... what's the direction? I'm asking just in case i'll need to paint some wall after many-many hits.... :D

michvin
2004.12.13, 11:09 PM
EMU,
entrance fee is 20$/person. What kind of batts you're running?

EMU
2004.12.13, 11:12 PM
Powerex 800mah. I have 2 sets of those, with 2 chargers, and a set of RS 750mah. I could see if I can borrow my brothers 1000mah cells...

I am assuming that I need to wire my MR02 for a transponder when I get it, correct?

HKS, the new layout looks very interesting. Just when I start feeling comfortable with the old setup... its gone ;) I will miss the high speed turn 1, but this wil be better for a slower car I believe.

I am going to urge my bro to come to the track friday, as well as a friend of mine (who I gave an IW01 to). I want to try to get the race a little more exciting during the heats. Just out of curiosity, how many slots are available per heat?

My 04 has brakes :D You have to enable ABS on channel 2 for the brake function to work. At first I only enabled on channel 1, and no brake. So I was a little disappointed. Brakes are pretty strong too.

Every post I write tonight I think I will add that on the bottom ;)

michvin
2004.12.13, 11:16 PM
Powerex 800mah. I have 2 sets of those, with 2 chargers, and a set of RS 750mah. I could see if I can borrow my brothers 1000mah cells...

My 04 has brakes :D You have to enable ABS on channel 2 for the brake function to work. At first I only enabled on channel 1, and no brake. So I was a little disappointed. Brakes are pretty strong too.

Every post I write tonight I think I will add that on the bottom ;)

We all need an arrangement to have fresh batts every ~40 min.... cam2 runs ic3-s.
I'll maybe get another set of those too.

You have ABS on channel 1? :confused:
ABS steering? i prolly missing something :)

michvin
2004.12.13, 11:20 PM
EMU,
If you come on Fri, bring this Tx with you. You need to make sure that it works consistently well at least for 20 minutes in a row - read ruknd post on his come-and-go lost of proportionality on throrrle channel.....

arch2b
2004.12.13, 11:21 PM
does the new iw tx work with mini-z's?

michvin
2004.12.13, 11:24 PM
Sure, why not?

EMU
2004.12.13, 11:28 PM
EMU,
If you come on Fri, bring this Tx with you. You need to make sure that it works consistently well at least for 20 minutes in a row - read ruknd post on his come-and-go lost of proportionality on throrrle channel.....
I will bring the TX with me. And I will have to look up ruknd's thread.

ABS function can be applied to both channel 1 and 2. This is possibly why ruknd's didnt work. He may have only set channel 1 for ABS (which shouldnt be enabled) the same way that I did when I first set it enabled. Channel 2 needs to be enabled for braking to work.

I need to drain my batteries and see how long they charge. I know that they take about an hour and a half with 4 cells in each charger, and take about half that with only 2 in. I also have a Radio Shack charger, that I can charge another set in while I am fast charging my other cells. This way I can charge a set slow 4 in the RS) while charging another set fast (2 per charger), and racing with the third.

Now I guess that need to run my 04 tonight to drain the batteries and time the charge. I guess I should throw the pro in, if I really want to drain batteries.
I have not tested it yet. My MR01 started having issues last time I ran it. I am going to give it a test tonight and see if I am still having the reception loss issue. If so, then I cannot test a mini-z until later this week.

edit: still having the range issues, think I need it sent in for repair (after MR02 purchase) but in the small range that I have, it does not appear to brake. When ABS is enabled, it is the same as neutral throttle. I will test a little more, and test on my OL.

arch2b
2004.12.13, 11:30 PM
Sure, why not?
i have not read that anyone has tried.... given all the other iwaver issues everyone is posting, you never know

cam2
2004.12.13, 11:40 PM

yes it does i tried it when i saw ruknd this past weekend. for the few minutes i used it it felt comfortable. i think he's having some problems with it he mentioned in another thread that it won't store memory presets. i was looking forward to buying an iwaver but it seems alot of people have complaints about their products.

michvin i have 3 sets of ic3s. between you and me we should be fine with batteries. quick question for ya michvin, do you use ic3s for your 2pl? when i put ic3s in mine it wouldn't turn on :confused: but was fine with my radio shack rechargables.

michvin
2004.12.13, 11:40 PM
i have not read that anyone has tried.... given all the other iwaver issues everyone is posting, you never know
i ran ruknd's mr02 with this Tx. sorry for shortish previous post

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.13, 11:43 PM
I reset everything ad retried the think tonight. I only used it on my 04 and briefly on my MR02...it seems ok now :confused: . I also took the extra OL shock mounts I had and they were a perfect fit on the 04 (somuch for not being a clone).

Good you've got a team. I found out I've got obligations (ie. a party that I forgot about :eek: ) that day. I plan on going in Saturday for a few hours to pick up the OL and run a few laps.

Anyone interested in practicing? THat new track loooks a bit faster. THats the one think I like better with fatigues the sweeping turns you can make.

EMU
2004.12.14, 12:17 AM
I dont think I will be able to go 3 days in a row... But may, if I feel the bug to setup my car more for Sundays race. I just have to remember not to spend any money until Friday, so I can get the MR02.

michvin
2004.12.14, 12:43 AM
I dont think I will be able to go 3 days in a row... But may, if I feel the bug to setup my car more for Sundays race. I just have to remember not to spend any money until Friday, so I can get the MR02.

Come on Fri, lets race and check out the new layout. then on Sunday for the event :)
Want me to remind you every morning not to spend money?

EMU
2004.12.14, 12:50 AM
Come on Fri, lets race and check out the new layout. then on Sunday for the event :)
Want me to remind you every morning not to spend money?
Lol. I dont get paid until Wednesday, so no need to do so until then ;) I think the only parts that I need to order for the MR02 will be bearings and a rear disc damper. If the bearings dont come in time, it will be time to strip one of my other cars for bearings. Since I have already ordered the other parts for the IW02, and if they come in time, I can use them on the MR02. They shipped on 12/10, so I hope they are here this week.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.14, 12:52 AM
I reccommend saturday to fully get the car dialed in! Oh, and dont buy lunch...raid the rents fridge and brown bag it to school...you'll need a ball diff, bearings and new shoes for that slick ride.

I was mad when I spent the $$ for the 02 when I had an 01 F1 and OL...then I got it home and was pissed Willis didn't have a ball diff too.

EMU
2004.12.14, 12:59 AM
I reccommend saturday to fully get the car dialed in! Oh, and dont buy lunch...raid the rents fridge and brown bag it to school...you'll need a ball diff, bearings and new shoes for that slick ride.

I was mad when I spent the $$ for the 02 when I had an 01 F1 and OL...then I got it home and was pissed Willis didn't have a ball diff too.
I have already ordered the Kyosho 02 Ball diff, T-plates, knuckles, front springs, front ride height adjusters, and kingpins... Which is why I am hoping that the parts are going to be here this week. That way I can setup the car on Friday at HKS, and get it to run smooth. I am not trying to get the most aggressive setup, just smooth, and controllable.

I am going to use the stock wheels, and the Atomic tires that I have on my other car. (8d radial rear, 10d slicks front). edit: I just checked, and the rear tires are 10d, not 8d).

michvin
2004.12.14, 12:01 PM
whats the width? it needs to be 11 mm rear 8.5 front

EMU
2004.12.14, 12:25 PM
whats the width? it needs to be 11 mm rear 8.5 front
Yup, 11mm rear, 8.5mm fronts. These are the rears: http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=716 these are the fronts: http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=713

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.14, 06:29 PM
cam....does Willis have the Aoshima super swampers. I know they have a pretty big scale model section...have you checked?

cam2
2004.12.14, 07:21 PM
cam....does Willis have the Aoshima super swampers. I know they have a pretty big scale model section...have you checked?

whenever i go to willis i always pop my head in the static model section. i've never seen them. if you're interested in swampers for your landcruiser get the ones in the shop here. btw you'll have to modify you're lc alot to fit them.

cam2
2004.12.15, 09:14 PM
i'm really sorry guys but i can't make it this sunday. i was just told about a family holiday party that i have to show my face at :mad:. maybe nutsfu can fill in?

nutsfu
2004.12.15, 10:58 PM
Sorry guys, but some things came up for this weekend so I wont be able to make it.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.16, 12:28 AM
i'm really sorry guys but i can't make it this sunday. i was just told about a family holiday party that i have to show my face at :mad:. maybe nutsfu can fill in?
Join the club on that cam..I was all psyched on the enduro. My Sunday obligations are a brunch...I may go run some 1:10 at like 1 or 2...hopefully I'll be able to catch 2 quals and the mains...

byebye
2004.12.16, 03:37 AM
Here is a sneek peek of our custom race bodies for the NYC/DC gtg in March.
TeamZ46 (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album547)

michvin
2004.12.16, 09:24 AM
have you tried these bodies on track? No visibility issues? At times it's really hard to see a black car when you're not driving it :)

arch2b
2004.12.16, 09:28 AM
with enough highlight decals and bright lighting, they are visible enough to not be a problem. i could not track a stock one around during a race though :p my eyes are not good enough for that :rolleyes: by myself it wouldn't be much of a problem but it seems ot get more difficult with traffic on the track

byebye
2004.12.16, 09:29 AM
As long as there is lots of lighting. We recently installed two florescent light fixtures at arch2bs track and I had to buy some of those corner spot lights for my track. They are hard to see in low lighting especially on a black rcp track. We were gonna paint them two toned with gunmetal and white but the paint would chip and there would be more paint repair than what we would want. We also had more black bodies than silver so I had to work with that. I have one silver and arch2b has a silver but two other racers already had black and I just recieved my black asc. They would still look good even in a silver and they would be much more visible but this is what we started with. In time we will probably have one of each color for racing.

michvin
2004.12.16, 12:40 PM
PPL on my track, which is brightly lit, complained about my paint job (see the pic in the signature, black and silver one, a lot of decals). I can see the car very well, but the drivers of other cars don't, at least thats what they said....
:)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.16, 12:49 PM
PPL on my track, which is brightly lit, complained about my paint job (see the pic in the signature, black and silver one, a lot of decals). I can see the car very well, but the drivers of other cars don't, at least thats what they said....
:)
Yeah..its stealthy. When you drive its tough to focus on dark bodies esp. when you're watching yours

michvin
2004.12.16, 01:03 PM
EMU, you'll come tomorrow to race?

EMU
2004.12.16, 01:12 PM
EMU, you'll come tomorrow to race?
Yup. I havent gotton my 02 parts shipment yet... but I will be there, and get an MR02. You sure that it is $120 for the Enzo?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.16, 01:16 PM
anyone stopping in on Sat?

EMU
2004.12.16, 01:18 PM
anyone stopping in on Sat?
I dont plan to right now, but if I get my 02 parts on Sat... I may go to setup the car for Sunday with the parts.

michvin
2004.12.16, 01:43 PM
I dont plan to right now, but if I get my 02 parts on Sat... I may go to setup the car for Sunday with the parts.

EMU, 120$ - thats what Allan told me. I'm not sure about Sunday race: cam2 can't make it as well all other fellows... so we don't have a team...

EMU
2004.12.16, 02:25 PM
EMU, 120$ - thats what Allan told me. I'm not sure about Sunday race: cam2 can't make it as well all other fellows... so we don't have a team...
I will be getting the Enzo on Friday regardless if we have a team. Maybe someone there on Friday will jump in the missing slot. I am also going to speak to my bro and see if he has the time (which I doubt he will have because he is in the process of moving). We can speak with Alan on Friday and see what we can do.

michvin
2004.12.16, 02:31 PM
I will be getting the Enzo on Friday regardless if we have a team. Maybe someone there on Friday will jump in the missing slot. I am also going to speak to my bro and see if he has the time (which I doubt he will have because he is in the process of moving). We can speak with Alan on Friday and see what we can do.
I hope we'll find someone.... See u tomorrow :)

hksdummy
2004.12.16, 06:03 PM
So, who is coming on Friday? Saturday? Sunday?

hksdummy@hks

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.16, 06:06 PM

hksdummy@hks
I was planning on coming Saturday to pick up the OL you were fixing and a few supplies. I expect to practice a bit too. What time are you opening?

hksdummy
2004.12.16, 06:21 PM
I was planning on coming Saturday to pick up the OL you were fixing and a few supplies. I expect to practice a bit too. What time are you opening?

We should open around 1pm but I say 2pm for safety. Just give us a call at the store to see if we are opened yet.

hksdummy@hks

michvin
2004.12.16, 06:34 PM

Friday - me and EMU. Sat - no, Sun - if we'd get the third member of the team

HKSdummy,
Did dyou get my Mclaren?

EMU
2004.12.16, 06:38 PM

hksdummy@hks
I will be coming on Friday, and if we have a team on Sunday. We can speak on Friday about Sunday.
Friday - me and EMU. Sat - no, Sun - if we'd get the third member of the team

HKSdummy,
Did dyou get my Mclaren?
Mclaren... hmm, nice car ;)

michvin
2004.12.16, 06:40 PM
McL is not for me - it's for my son on X-mass. Want to get him into hobby...
But i'll prolly get ahold of this body... really loved nutsfu's one...

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.16, 06:54 PM
I really love that body. I'd like it in orange though and I'm not sure I'd ahve the heart to race it. The Enzo is ugly I don't care if it get beaten. :p

cam2
2004.12.16, 08:51 PM

i've been playing around with the mclaren lately i definitely like it more than the enzo in terms of handling.

byebye
2004.12.16, 11:02 PM
I loved my MCL but used that chassis for the Team Z46 race car. Heres (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album548) an update of 3 of the completed cars

michvin
2004.12.16, 11:29 PM
I loved my MCL but used that chassis for the Team Z46 race car. Heres (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album548) an update of 3 of the completed cars
this BMW looks good, to say the least....

cam2
2004.12.17, 12:30 AM

they look cool can't wait to leave some blue streaks down the side of it with my Calsonic Skyline. (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album344/track_pics_041) :D just kiddin

byebye
2004.12.17, 12:31 AM
Gotta catch us first ;)

cam2
2004.12.17, 12:39 AM
Gotta catch us first ;)

ooooo thems fighting words :D

if only i can drive as good as i talk trash :p

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.17, 01:43 AM
Haha.. I grew up racing sail boats..I know all about team reacing and turning around to play chicken with the opposition :p ...nahh...I'm a roadblock naturally...the good thing is if we run 02s I'm runnign an enzo so low profile and easy to hop over..

nutsfu
2004.12.17, 09:55 AM
Maybe I'll just use my MZM and really cause a moving roadblock. I'll be on the lookout for carbon fiber BMWs :D

arch2b
2004.12.17, 10:08 AM
i have a racing mzm as well and i'd love to get some track time in with another mzm :p

nutsfu
2004.12.17, 10:19 AM
We can give it a shot, but I don't well it would work. The track is very narrow and the MZM can go over the rails. But I'd give it a shot.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13637

I know something that would make a good roadblock, my Xmod, that thing weighs as much as a brick. :D :D

michvin
2004.12.17, 10:30 AM
Maybe we should consider other strategies for winning races - like improving driving, maybe?
:D :D

nutsfu
2004.12.17, 10:42 AM
Maybe we should consider other strategies for winning races - like improving driving, maybe?
:D :D

Ohh yeah, I think thats a better idea. :D
I wish I could get to HKS this weekend for some track time, but I have way too many things to do, including Christmas shopping which I haven't even started yet. :eek:

michvin
2004.12.17, 10:48 AM
Ohh yeah, I think thats a better idea. :D
I wish I could get to HKS this weekend for some track time, but I have way too many things to do, including Christmas shopping which I haven't even started yet. :eek:

Real racers shop for Christmas at LHS!
j/k of course :D :D

byebye
2004.12.17, 12:16 PM
That's a cool track. I was wondering what the layout was. It's anti-fatigue mats too and the barriers look to b foam and hopefully not wood. Should be interesting. My RCP is flipped over to the smooth side which IMO has the same characteristics as the AFM. My cars will be setup for that surface and sure to be some great racing action.

michvin
2004.12.17, 12:24 PM
Byebye,
how is mcl body in terms of handling?

byebye
2004.12.17, 12:26 PM
Byebye,
how is mcl body in terms of handling?
Haven't tried it on this track but I can tell you that on the textured side it's squirly. Give me 15 min and I will switch it out with the m3 race body and run it.

michvin
2004.12.17, 12:27 PM
Haven't tried it on this track but I can tell you that on the textured side it's squirly. Give me 15 min and I will switch it out with the m3 race body and run it.

Thanks man... i'm about to get one..

byebye
2004.12.17, 12:40 PM

Ok, WOW! alot easier than the bmw. The chassis is setup very well and the MCL is much faster and more squirly. The m3 has a longer body and is top heavy compared to the MCL. It takes more skill to control since it turns tighter than the M3. I'm gonna have to decom the C5R and return it to the mm for my MCL. I traction rolled once using the 8g tires. The slick side has more grip so the power at the wheels is getting to the track giving you a faster burst of acceration. What tire do most of you run on your AFM track?

michvin
2004.12.17, 12:44 PM
Ok, WOW! alot easier than the bmw. The chassis is setup very well and the MCL is much faster and more squirly. The m3 has a longer body and is top heavy compared to the MCL. It takes more skill to control since it turns tighter than the M3. I'm gonna have to decom the C5R and return it to the mm for my MCL. I traction rolled once using the 8g tires. The slick side has more grip so the power at the wheels is getting to the track giving you a faster burst of acceration. What tire do most of you run on your AFM track?

Thanks for taking time to test it out.
Most fast ppl at our track run enzo body with GPMs 8 rear 10-15 front.
I personally like more even setup - Kyosho's 20ies all round or GPMs 8 threaded all round

arch2b
2004.12.17, 12:45 PM
looks like i'll have to flip my entire track over :p

byebye
2004.12.17, 12:46 PM
Are they runnin pretty quick lap times with those tires? The enzo IMO is superior on the AFM track or that AFM surface. I haven't ran my sons on it yet. We've been testing and tweaking the M3s alot lately.

@arch2b-Give it a try, you might like it more since your track is sorta worn in. For me is was worth taking the time to do it. You'll really see how much more grip it has to offer with 8g tires.

arch2b
2004.12.17, 12:49 PM
what do you clean the smooth side with? i assume it will collect dust faster than the textured side

michvin
2004.12.17, 12:49 PM
Are they runnin pretty quick lap times with those tires? The enzo IMO is superior on the AFM track or that AFM surface. I haven't ran my sons on it yet. We've been testing and tweaking the M3s alot lately.

@arch2b-Give it a try, you might like it more since your track is sorta worn in. For me is was worth taking the time to do it. You'll really see how much more grip it has to offer with 8g tires.

Those guys are pros.... they are VERY quick.
Go to here (http://www.hksrc.com/) - the LHS owner's name is Alan Mok. See who won couple of classes in recent RCX.

arch2b
2004.12.17, 12:51 PM
i remember those pictures :p

michvin
2004.12.17, 12:53 PM
he just vaccum cleans them i think, dunno really

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.17, 02:18 PM
he just vaccum cleans them i think, dunno really
He has that aircompressor...maybe he blows the track dry. he also changes teh lay out often so thats a good opportunity to clean.

Yeah, Alan is about the fastest Mini-Z driver I've seen.

hksdummy
2004.12.17, 10:51 PM
For those interested in RC and could not come tonight to HKS, have no fear for there is a webcam available online to watch. You can log on to:

HKS WebCam (http://hksrc.no-ip.com:8080)

Enjoy!

hksdummy@HKS

cam2
2004.12.17, 11:30 PM
i just saw michvin and emu leave to go out for a smoke! :D

hksdummy
2004.12.17, 11:32 PM
i just saw michvin and emu leave to go out for a smoke! :D

yup... hey join the chatbox

mini-z
2004.12.17, 11:44 PM
Cool cam guys! :D

arch2b
2004.12.18, 12:28 AM
nice guy there (admin). you guys like to race late into the night :p

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2004.12.18, 11:25 AM
Is Anyone going to HKS today?

EMU
2004.12.18, 02:47 PM
Got an Enzo yesterday from HKS. Im loving it. If you cought the video, the yellow with blue BBS'. Only tires, bearings and wheels were upgraded, more will come soon.
Looking forward to Sunday's enduro ;)

On the way to the train from HKS, right after Michvin and I split a car and a minivan crashed and came up on the sidewalk about 10 feet from me. '99 Nissan Maxima and a Honda Oddesy. Nobody was seriously injured, just some sore knees and stiffness. Police and Ambulance arrived under 5 minutes, I was surprised. I stuck around a bit until the police and ambulance crew underwent their business, and hit the train for the ride home.

cam2
2004.12.18, 03:10 PM
good to hear you're alright. did someone else fill in my spot for the endurance race? i feel bad about bailing out on you guys :(

EMU
2004.12.18, 04:00 PM
good to hear you're alright. did someone else fill in my spot for the endurance race? i feel bad about bailing out on you guys :(
Alan mentioned something about shortening it a little and pairing the teams rather than 3 per team. I would be something like a couple hour heats, then a 2 hour race.

EMU
2004.12.18, 06:13 PM
Muchvin, I may not be able to make it tomorrow for the beginning of the races. The person who was supposed to take my shift is sick. I will only know tomorrow if she will be able to come in and relieve me so I can go to HKS for the enduro. If I cannot leave early, I will still be coming down to HKS after work (around 3-4pm).

michvin
2004.12.18, 11:19 PM
Muchvin, I may not be able to make it tomorrow for the beginning of the races. The person who was supposed to take my shift is sick. I will only know tomorrow if she will be able to come in and relieve me so I can go to HKS for the enduro. If I cannot leave early, I will still be coming down to HKS after work (around 3-4pm).
Well.. there's all the time small unimportant factors that interfere with our hobbies...
:D

cam2
2004.12.18, 11:25 PM
you guys down for a saturday gtg after the new year? michvin did alan say he was moving in the spring? we might have to change the location of the dc/ny gtg.

latency
2004.12.18, 11:26 PM
Those guys are pros.... they are VERY quick.
Go to here (http://www.hksrc.com/) - the LHS owner's name is Alan Mok. See who won couple of classes in recent RCX.

Ugh, I pulled that video of the Stock A main a while back...too much traffice to my site. :) Suppose I should Alan know...

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2004.12.19, 03:23 PM
you guys down for a saturday gtg after the new year? michvin did alan say he was moving in the spring? we might have to change the location of the dc/ny gtg.

Sounds good to me Cam2.....

You/You guys choose the date/time and I will put it in my calender...

I hope to have a NEW KYOSHO MR02... NOT A IWAVER... :D For the NEW YEAR...

Although...I wouldn't trade my IWAVER 01 for a KYOSHO... ;)

My IWAVER 01 is my 1st car and it has many battle scars from HKS.....
It's my baby..... :)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.19, 04:36 PM
I went yesterday for a bit...my OL wasnt ready but I spent time and got my 02 dialed in really nicely. I can turn consistent laps now. EMU...I saw fridays results. Its seems the enqo helped you drive well...Allen even gave you some props ;) .

hksdummy
2004.12.19, 07:53 PM
Hey,
For those who could not attend the race or watch the race, we all had fun.

Here are the results of the race:

1st Place: Alan Mok with 1,229 Laps in 3H 0M 9.34S

2nd Place: Steve Lok with 1,202 Laps in 3H 0M 15.18S

3rd Place: Willy Wong with 1,175 Laps in 3H 0M 12.49S

4th Place: Michael Vinogradov with 1,058 Laps

5th Place: Dennis Hrehowsik with 995 Laps

6th Place: Roland Shao with 921 Laps

7th Place: Eugene M. Uyterlinde with 309 Laps

8th Place: Felix Ilarraza with 252 Laps

EMU
2004.12.19, 10:06 PM
The race was a blast. It was broken into 3 hour long heats. All laps were added together. It was quite an enduro. A few got stuck in the pits for a while. I arrived late due to not being able to get off of work. Only a 1 hour session (session 2) was recorded for my laps.
Setup was stock with wheels/tires/bearings. After that session I installed the Xspeed V with a 6t pinion, to try and keep up with the rest of the field in the straight (I was only one with stock motor). I tested the car to see how it was driving during the intermission.

As soon as my 02 parts come in, I am going to put them on and test at HKS. I also picked up a disc damper today after the race. I am going to hold off until the rest of the parts get here to install it. Relatively stock this car feels great, cant wait to start adjusting the setup a little.

These guys are good. Just to be on the same track as them, I feel honored.

Thanks for the race HKS, hope to have some more endurance racing soon.

Alan, could you by any chance post the average and fastest lap times of the race? I did not really have a chance to check them out at the track.

michvin
2004.12.19, 11:53 PM
couple of pics here (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/michvin?page=1)

EMU
2004.12.20, 12:03 AM
couple of pics here (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/michvin?page=1)
He did get some good pics there. I think I see a little grinding action that I had going on with Alan in one of them ;) The last picture had to be taken before I lost both headlights :p

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 11:44 AM
He did get some good pics there. I think I see a little grinding action that I had going on with Alan in one of them ;) The last picture had to be taken before I lost both headlights :p
Looks like a blast. Were the leaders running fetted cars?

I'm looking foward to out next gtg...my 02 is dialed perfectly for me...I was turning nice laps Saturday and the rear was finally staying put for me.

EMU
2004.12.20, 12:18 PM
Looks like a blast. Were the leaders running fetted cars?

I'm looking foward to out next gtg...my 02 is dialed perfectly for me...I was turning nice laps Saturday and the rear was finally staying put for me.
t when he snapped his T-plate, and had to goto the pits for repairs, it took him out of the leaders. I dont think any others were running with FETs. But all had either Speedy BB or Xspeed. That is nice. How did you like the new layout? I love the tight section right after the back straight ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 12:36 PM
t when he snapped his T-plate, and had to goto the pits for repairs, it took him out of the leaders. I dont think any others were running with FETs. But all had either Speedy BB or Xspeed. That is nice. How did you like the new layout? I love the tight section right after the back straight ;)
I like this track the best...as the afternoon went on thats where I was gainign time. If you hit it right you can accelerate through that first S after the straight.

I was the only one there so Allen really helped me dial my car in. He even cut some tires for me. I also ran the track fowards and backwards. Bacwards it is a totally different track.

cam2
2004.12.20, 02:56 PM
can everyone make a jan 8th gtg?

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 02:59 PM
can everyone make a jan 8th gtg?
The following week may be better for me. that is what Jan 15th? Allen also said that he would run races if we told him ahead of time. Any interest in that? maybe 3 7min quals with a 7 min main? That will take about 40 minutes figure with lining up and all...that will also give us lots of practice time too...maybe 15 min between heats?...so Like 3pm till 5 pm for racing? Or 3:30 till 5:30?

nutsfu
2004.12.20, 03:08 PM
The following week may be better for me. that is what Jan 15th? Allen also said that he would run races if we told him ahead of time. Any interest in that? maybe 3 7min quals with a 7 min main? That will take about 40 minutes figure with lining up and all...that will also give us lots of practice time too...maybe 15 min between heats?...so Like 3pm till 5 pm for racing? Or 3:30 till 5:30?

Sounds good to me

michvin
2004.12.20, 03:10 PM
Not sure right now about either of these dates. I'll know better later.
Heats and mains are 8 mins, and there's usually more time (~30 min) between them.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 03:24 PM
Not sure right now about either of these dates. I'll know better later.
Heats and mains are 8 mins, and there's usually more time (~30 min) between them.
That works. I think it would be fun to throw some racing in the GTGs...we need to practice before the DC/NY clash of the ZRacers.

EMU
2004.12.20, 04:24 PM
The racing sounds good to me ;) I will tentatively set aside those 2 Saturdays until we come to more of an agreement on which day we are going.

michvin
2004.12.20, 04:38 PM
racing should be fun, aside from being a best practice. I think (well, it depends on how many we are) we'll need to run in two groups: that this track can't hold more than 5 cars at once.
With our skills the number should even be less than that :D :D
We ran last 2 rounds of enduro with 8 cars on the track - man it's crowdy....

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 04:41 PM
can we make it Jan 15th? Is that good with everyone?

cam2
2004.12.20, 05:42 PM
can we make it Jan 15th? Is that good with everyone?

thats good for me

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 06:01 PM
Anyone know how much the 2PL is at HKS? And does this come with a receiver?

cam2
2004.12.20, 06:10 PM
i think he was asking 75 for it. comes with receiver and 2 servos.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.20, 06:27 PM
Does it have servo reverse?

I dont think I need the servos, jsut the radio and receiver.

I'm thinking of one...I now have 3zs...one waver, a kawaada, an HPI micro, a mini t, and I see a pro-z soon. AM and FM receivers for airtronics are so expensive that I cant bear to spend the $$ on them. The Futaba one is reasonable and seems to be pretty well rated and good enough for my uses. I'd also be willing to buy anyones receiver that they weren't using.

mini-z
2004.12.20, 06:54 PM
OT: you guys want your own sub-forum so you don't have to keep everything in one big long thread? What should it be called if so? Thanks! :)

McLaren F1 T3
2004.12.20, 11:20 PM
ruknd, have you thought about using a XXL from novak?
tower also have a 4 channel sub-micro GWS that should work too :)
do a search at tower for "GWS RECIEVER"
also, the 2PL does have servo reversing.
http://rc411.com/scopes/100b/index.htm
derived from that link:
"but also feels good in your hands. And servo reversing comes standard!"

cam2
2004.12.20, 11:22 PM
OT: you guys want your own sub-forum so you don't have to keep everything in one big long thread? What should it be called if so? Thanks! :)

that would be cool! i think new york mini-z racing would suffice. what do the rest of you guys think?

michvin
2004.12.20, 11:34 PM
yeah, but i really don't want to depart from mini-z racer. i love the site.

cam2
2004.12.21, 12:01 AM
i think mini-z meant something like this (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19) at the top of that page.

michvin
2004.12.21, 12:13 AM
i think mini-z meant something like this (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19) at the top of that page.
oh, which means we stay at this site? i think it's cool if so

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.21, 01:27 PM
oh, which means we stay at this site? i think it's cool if so
This means weve made it to the big show!

McLaren..I've thought about the Novak route but it is still fairly expensive. Given the number of z's I have already acquired and my desire to build a pro-z sled, I think it may suit me best to go AM for the little guys and keep my FM for the 1:10. One of each kind of Z, a Pro Z, an HPI Micro, Mini-T, kawaada, makes eight models....and teh mini-t and HPI already have AM receivers. But I haven't decided as of yet...kinda makes me wish I got a 3PK with memory modules instead of the M8.

Of other interest...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pet/53071585.html

mini-z
2004.12.21, 02:35 PM

Done! :cool:

cam2
2004.12.21, 02:59 PM
Done! :cool:

thanks mini-z

mini-z
2004.12.21, 03:14 PM
No problem! :)

michvin
2004.12.21, 03:30 PM
No problem! :)
thanks from me too :)

EMU
2004.12.22, 11:58 AM
Thanks Mini-Z ;)

cam2
2004.12.23, 01:42 PM
so is the 18th out of the question for a gtg?

michvin
2004.12.23, 01:48 PM
no it's not out of question - it's possible. For me it's just kinda far from now to tell. And my son will be happy to join with his new car (don't know which body he'll pick yet...) :)

hrehowsik
2004.12.23, 06:35 PM
haven't been to this site in a while. the endurance was really fun. my car is fast for 8 minutes but three hours was a different story.i just kept losing my rear tires once the car was out on the track for more 20 minutes. made alot or cahnges during the race but couldn't seem to fix it. it was an experience driving for such a long peroid of time. when wil the shop reopen? i'd be willing to show up and race pretty much any time you guys want to.

dennis

EMU
2004.12.23, 07:56 PM
haven't been to this site in a while. the endurance was really fun. my car is fast for 8 minutes but three hours was a different story.i just kept losing my rear tires once the car was out on the track for more 20 minutes. made alot or cahnges during the race but couldn't seem to fix it. it was an experience driving for such a long peroid of time. when wil the shop reopen? i'd be willing to show up and race pretty much any time you guys want to.

dennis
I may be mistaken, but I think you had the fastest lap of the race.

I was at HKS today, messing around with my Enzo (installed K. Ball diff, 2 deg knuckles, and hard springs up front). It feels a bit better. I know what Im going to ask for Xmas... a good screwdriver set and something to organize all of my parts ;)

michvin
2004.12.23, 11:09 PM
i think Alan is going to Florida and will re-open after New Year. I'm up for a race too. Thats true: Dennis has the fastest lap in a race.

michvin
2004.12.23, 11:10 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think you had the fastest lap of the race.

I was at HKS today, messing around with my Enzo (installed K. Ball diff, 2 deg knuckles, and hard springs up front). It feels a bit better. I know what Im going to ask for Xmas... a good screwdriver set and something to organize all of my parts ;)

Go to "container store". i got my organizers from there 3$ each. And there is a selection including very good display cases...

cam2
2004.12.23, 11:32 PM
and something to organize all of my parts ;)

maybe a fishermans tacklebox?

hrehowsik
2004.12.24, 12:23 AM
fastest lap makes me feel a little better. i wasn't thrilled with how i did in the enduro. it was probably during the second heat. there was a pile up at the start and i had a clear track in front of me for a few minutes. are the hks racing results posted online somewhere? the pictures in michael's gallery are great.

i was also having trouble with my car on the straights. the front wheels twitch when going straight but are fine while turning. i think the steering sensor is bad, i ordered a replacement.

but yeah, i can't wait to go race again soon. i need my weekly fix.

well, back to wrapping x-mas presents. happy holidays guys!

EMU
2004.12.24, 05:36 PM
Go to "container store". i got my organizers from there 3$ each. And there is a selection including very good display cases...
Any suggestions where a "Container Store" is? I know that there is a plastic's shop on Canal, I have bought Plexi-glass before... I will check them out the next time I goto HKS.

fastest lap makes me feel a little better. i wasn't thrilled with how i did in the enduro. it was probably during the second heat. there was a pile up at the start and i had a clear track in front of me for a few minutes. are the hks racing results posted online somewhere? the pictures in michael's gallery are great.

i was also having trouble with my car on the straights. the front wheels twitch when going straight but are fine while turning. i think the steering sensor is bad, i ordered a replacement.

but yeah, i can't wait to go race again soon. i need my weekly fix.

well, back to wrapping x-mas presents. happy holidays guys!
The HKS final results are posted above in this thread (post 193 http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=160110&postcount=193)

I really want to race again. It was a blast. I need to remove this stripped screw from the motor pod (T-Plate). Then install the Carbon T-plate and disc damper, and the car should be about finished as far as hop ups are concerned. I did notice a difference on the track with 2 degree camber knuckles and stiffer springs up front. I felt like I had better control.

Just finished wrapping a bunch of presents for tomorrow, my bro came to pick them up and bring them upstate (where we are going to do the X-mas gathering)... But I left 2 big bags of gifts in a different room... I guess that I am going to have to haul them on the train. Too bad I didnt get anyone a Mini-Z for Xmas... I wanted to ;)

michvin
2004.12.25, 12:12 AM
container store is on Broadway, not far from 23rd street, when the Home Depot is. I'll try ro find more precise info on that.

Regarding getting mini-z TO someone, well, i'm open :D If you can't make it for Cristmas, New Year will be fine, thank you :D

michvin
2004.12.25, 12:15 AM
mixed up: it's on 6th ave.

the address:
629 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10011

the link (http://www.containerstore.com/)

the map is attached

EMU
2004.12.25, 11:09 AM
mixed up: it's on 6th ave.

the address:
629 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10011

the link (http://www.containerstore.com/)

the map is attached
Thanks for the link. I am going to check it out when I have the time. Need to get ready for a train to go upstate.

:D MERRY X-MAS :D

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.28, 03:27 PM
I hope Santa was good to everyone.

Jan 15 or 16 is perfect for me. That's the next free weekend for me...I'll ne down there one day either way.

As for containers...I got mine a Wally World and they seems to do the trick for small parts as they don't allow small parts to seep out like others do. I use a combo of fishing and regular containers.

The container store is pricey.

As for bags...the Trinity Mini Hauler is a good size for these things but the way the bag is split makes it a bit cumbersome.

hksdummy
2004.12.29, 04:33 PM
Hey,
How was everyone's holiday?
Well to let you guys know that this Friday, Dec. 31, New Year's Eve, we will be open. Sorry, but we will be closed on Sunday.

EMU
2004.12.29, 05:07 PM
Hey,
How was everyone's holiday?
Well to let you guys know that this Friday, Dec. 31, New Year's Eve, we will be open. Sorry, but we will be closed on Sunday.
Thank you for letting us know. I plan on going to HKS on Thursday with a friend or two. To setup and practice.

I installed the disc damper that I bought and need to tune it a little. One of the screws for the T-plate is stripped, so I need to dremel it and remove it. I spent some time last night working on my cars (was up until 4 in the morning) with 2 friends. I was showing them a few things about the 01's that they have. The sad thing is, that my friend thinks he can beat my Enzo with his 01... lol.

Alan, what time does HKS open thursday? Last week I got there around 3:15, but the shop did not open until around 4:00.

Are there going to be races on Friday?

michvin
2004.12.29, 05:18 PM
We have couple of friends coming for New Year Eve, so i'm out for Friday. Maybe i'll show up on Sat, my friends wanted to see the place i race...

hksdummy
2004.12.29, 06:48 PM
Thank you for letting us know. I plan on going to HKS on Thursday with a friend or two. To setup and practice.

I installed the disc damper that I bought and need to tune it a little. One of the screws for the T-plate is stripped, so I need to dremel it and remove it. I spent some time last night working on my cars (was up until 4 in the morning) with 2 friends. I was showing them a few things about the 01's that they have. The sad thing is, that my friend thinks he can beat my Enzo with his 01... lol.

Alan, what time does HKS open thursday? Last week I got there around 3:15, but the shop did not open until around 4:00.

Are there going to be races on Friday?

Hey, We normally open around 2pm on Thursday. Last week was because of the holidays. =]

We will have races this Friday.

hksdummy
2004.12.29, 06:48 PM
We have couple of friends coming for New Year Eve, so i'm out for Friday. Maybe i'll show up on Sat, my friends wanted to see the place i race...

Hey, sorry but this saturday and sunday we will be closed for observation. lol.... :)

hrehowsik
2004.12.29, 07:23 PM
i have new years plans and can't make it this weekend either. i'll be back racing next weekend though for sure.

hrehowsik
2004.12.30, 01:22 PM
i have new years plans and can't make it this weekend either. i'll be back racing next weekend though for sure.

you probably all have plans but here it is! dennis and kristin's last minute new year's eve party.

8:00 or 9:00 till post midnight. my place in crooklyn. we'll have stuff but feel free to bring stuff.

343 6th ave apt# 1L

on the corner of 6th ave and 4th st.

F train to 7th ave.

718-768-0398

dennis

michvin
2004.12.30, 02:43 PM
you probably all have plans but here it is! dennis and kristin's last minute new year's eve party.

8:00 or 9:00 till post midnight. my place in crooklyn. we'll have stuff but feel free to bring stuff.

343 6th ave apt# 1L

on the corner of 6th ave and 4th st.

F train to 7th ave.

718-768-0398

dennis

Oh, thanks for invitation.... we have friends invited already. sorry

hksdummy
2004.12.30, 07:44 PM
Hey,
So whose coming this Friday??

EMU
2004.12.30, 08:07 PM
HKS: My friends couldnt make it today, so we will be coming tomorrow (probably earlier than race time). I dont think that we will stay very late, because of the new year. But if we stay for the races, maybe we will have an 01 class race as well as an 02 (my friends both have 01's).

Dennis: Thanks for the invitation. I am going to spend New Years with family and friends in the city. If the plans change, and we dont know what we are doing, your party is a possibility ;)

cam2
2005.01.02, 09:13 PM
is anyone in for a jan 15th gtg?

EMU
2005.01.02, 10:21 PM
is anyone in for a jan 15th gtg?
Im in ;) I would like to do a little racing, not just practicing.

cam2
2005.01.02, 10:25 PM
just found out i have a christening to go to on that day :rolleyes: :mad: anyone down for the week after?

i won't forget the iwaiver bodies this time EMU ;)

EMU
2005.01.02, 10:51 PM
just found out i have a christening to go to on that day :rolleyes: :mad: anyone down for the week after?

i won't forget the iwaiver bodies this time EMU ;)
Whenever your down to go, post here. I will more than likely be down. Saturday is my only day off, but during the week I only work 4 hours a day. So just let me know when you want to go.

I may go tomorrow or someday soon this week, my friend has to test his car setup (just installed roll shocks and a new rear suspension on his 01) and I have to work on my car (need the dremel to remove a stripped screw). I just got a new coupon from Tower the other day. $25 off a $150 order... I think I am going to buy 2 F50's and a couple blank bodies (McLaren, F40). Most of the parts at Tower are extremely overpriced, so 2 cars are more than worth it. Buying 2 F50's and 2 bodies will be cheaper than buying 2 of any other MR02, and I can allways sell the new F50 bodies, or use them as beaters, although I already have a beater F50 body:(