PDA

View Full Version : Looking for F-1 Suggestions...

Spoon
2004.12.14, 08:48 AM
So, I will be getting an F-1 in a couple of days and the first thing I would like to do is paint it. I just made another post describing what I want to do with a racer body (pearl white with candy blue stripes) and I think it would be cool to have a matching fleet but I don't think the F-1 body style will work with the same style.

Also, it seems that some of the stock F-1's are already blue and white. Any suggestions for color schemes on F-1's. I would like to stay away from yellow and green because one of the other racers already has that color scheme.

Any suggestions or examples of what you guys have done to inspire me would be great.

ruknd@aol.com
2004.12.14, 09:03 AM
So, I will be getting an F-1 in a couple of days and the first thing I would like to do is paint it. I just made another post describing what I want to do with a racer body (pearl white with candy blue stripes) and I think it would be cool to have a matching fleet but I don't think the F-1 body style will work with the same style.

Also, it seems that some of the stock F-1's are already blue and white. Any suggestions for color schemes on F-1's. I would like to stay away from yellow and green because one of the other racers already has that color scheme.

Any suggestions or examples of what you guys have done to inspire me would be great.
Maybe look at some schemes from the 70s and 80s and bring one back?

herman
2004.12.14, 09:17 AM
try looking at mini-z bar... it has lots of custom painted mini-z's... they've also got a couple of custom f-1's

http://www.mini-z-bar.com/

here's a jap site that has most of the f-1 teams...

http://www.mia-f1.com/

The Stampede
2004.12.14, 06:44 PM
how about bringing back the John Players Special sceme.
legendary due to pontiac using the sceme on the bandit style trans am :cool:

Vash :cool:

herman
2004.12.14, 10:05 PM
hmm... jps... i think i've seen that on the mini-z bar site...

Spoon
2004.12.15, 09:10 AM
These are all great ideas. I did find some 70's - 80's styles that I liked. I'll have to find the John Players one though. I am pretty much an F-1 newb.