PDA

View Full Version : New to the Z's

Zee-man
2004.12.18, 11:54 AM
I just ordered an F-50 MR-02 and will be racing it at the Thumb. I have a few questions:

1. Batteries, I'm looking at the IC-3 batteries and charger at Radio Shack, good idea?

2. What tires are the hot setup in the stock class?

3. Will I need any additional parts to use a Futaba 2PL with my Z?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I've been at the track a few times watching, the racing is top notch. and the people are very helpful and nice. I can't wait to get back into R/C racing again, this looks like a blast!! :D

Thanks again, see ya' on the track!

Zee-man.

Draconious
2004.12.18, 12:34 PM
ic-3 from radio shack good idea if u want to pay twice as much for the radio shack label.. get them at walmart.. for less ;)

is the 2PL FM? if so it wont work with the Z... you need an AM radio.. or to change the mini-z electronics... to larger bulkier FM stuff...

cam2
2004.12.18, 01:32 PM
i use a 2pl you don't need anything to run a z with it. as far as tires it depends on what the track surface is.

Zee-man
2004.12.18, 01:50 PM
Draconious, thanks for the Wal-mart tip.

Cam2, the 2PL I'm getting will be with the 27mhz and 75mhz bands, so I'm glad to hear it will work. :)

We run on an RCP track.

Also, Does anyone make aluminum wheels that are lighter than the plastic originals?

Thanks, Zee.

cam2
2004.12.18, 02:07 PM
Cam2, the 2PL I'm getting will be with the 27mhz and 75mhz bands, so I'm glad to hear it will work. :)

there's a 2pl that works on both bands?

i run on a rcp track also 10deg gpm treaded tires all around work good for me.

Zee-man
2004.12.18, 02:28 PM
Tower offers 2 versions of the 2pl, one is 75mhz only and the other will do both 27 and 75.

Zee.

Shaun
2004.12.18, 06:47 PM
Tower offers 2 versions of the 2pl, one is 75mhz only and the other will do both 27 and 75.

Zee.

The 2PL will use 27mHz OR 75mHz, NOT BOTH. It will not support both bands.

Upon checkout you will pick the frequency you want. You will have to pick a frequency in the 27mHz band or 75mHz band.

Zee-man
2004.12.18, 07:17 PM
Oh,.. ok :o I guess if I would have thought about that, it would have made sense that it has to be on one or the other frequency. :rolleyes:

Thanks for setting that straight. :D

Zee.

michvin
2004.12.18, 10:28 PM
I just ordered an F-50 MR-02 and will be racing it at the Thumb. I have a few questions:

1. Batteries, I'm looking at the IC-3 batteries and charger at Radio Shack, good idea?

2. What tires are the hot setup in the stock class?

3. Will I need any additional parts to use a Futaba 2PL with my Z?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I've been at the track a few times watching, the racing is top notch. and the people are very helpful and nice. I can't wait to get back into R/C racing again, this looks like a blast!! :D

Thanks again, see ya' on the track!

Zee-man.

1. Very good idea. But get it at circuit city or elsewhere... @shack it's 25$ elsewhere it's 12.
2. Tell what is the surface.
3. Given that you ordered 2PL for 27 MHz, nothing. Order a different channel from the one you'll get with the car