PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver..... real copy of a Mini-Z ???

michel-2000
2004.12.23, 08:34 PM
Bare with me on this one please (no flaming..... :D )

I'm new in the Iwaver world..... is it true that it is a 100% copy of the Mini-Z ???

I'm asking because if I order some up-pops for a Mini-Z, will they all work on a Iwaver 01 ????

Thanks

Michel

arch2b
2004.12.23, 08:37 PM
read thru all the threads in the iwaver section.... it's really the best way to learn

Draconious
2004.12.23, 08:38 PM
A totaly copy no... a reproduction yes...
meaning they copied the design, but not the quality of materials used...
basicly a resin reproduction... not 100% ... maybe 99.99%...
parts are intended to fit yes...

Basicly its the Economy-Z

michel-2000
2004.12.23, 08:42 PM
A totaly copy no... a reproduction yes...
meaning they copied the design, but not the quality of materials used...
basicly a resin reproduction... not 100% ... maybe 99.99%...
parts are intended to fit yes...

Basicly its the Economy-Z

What about the electronics in it?

For the price, Iwaver is hard to beat !!!!....Even compared to the Xmods......
I just bought a Iwaver 01 for 35$US (+shipping)....even the Xmods here in Canada is 69.99$CDN.......!!!!

Very fast car....my only problem, as in an earlier post, is the steering servo that goes crazy....damn........

Michel

Draconious
2004.12.23, 09:06 PM
For the most part the elects are the same through out the iwaver series... 01 and 02 use same... (with exception of the first few generations of 01s and LXX)

To me the I waver is only worth about 20$ max shipped (with out TX)... when they cost this cheap I will buy some for my self ;). For now ill settle for buying MR02s for 50-70$ ;) hehe...

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.23, 09:09 PM
You're not going to get 100% of the story in one post. Read around like Arch said, and you'll find everything out. The electronics are NOT replicas, but for the price you can't beat it.

michel-2000
2004.12.23, 09:51 PM
You're not going to get 100% of the story in one post. Read around like Arch said, and you'll find everything out. The electronics are NOT replicas, but for the price you can't beat it.

Hey, I see you're from Canada too !!!...cool

Where do you get your parts for your Iwaver ??? Is there a place here in Canada???

Thanks to all the people who took time to reply!!!

Michel
newbie in Mini

Shaun
2004.12.23, 10:03 PM
I believe the shop here will soon have a wide selection of
Iwaver parts.

lightfighter
2004.12.23, 11:20 PM
Hey, I see you're from Canada too !!!...cool

Where do you get your parts for your Iwaver ??? Is there a place here in Canada???

Thanks to all the people who took time to reply!!!

Michel
newbie in Mini

depending on which model you get the electronics are an upgrade over the MR-0x's

but check around and see Lots of info out there

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.24, 12:36 AM
I have been getting all the Iwaver stuff from Toy East... it is cheap and Canada doesn't tax all the crap coming from Hong Kong... if you are ordering from the shop here they will hit you with all kinds of fees at the border it is horrible. I know of a place where you will be able to get your Iwaver stuff in Canada. Email me: Twenty_Se7en @ hotmail DOT com

michel-2000
2004.12.26, 10:41 PM
I have been getting all the Iwaver stuff from Toy East... it is cheap and Canada doesn't tax all the crap coming from Hong Kong... if you are ordering from the shop here they will hit you with all kinds of fees at the border it is horrible. I know of a place where you will be able to get your Iwaver stuff in Canada. Email me: Twenty_Se7en @ hotmail DOT com

Just sent you an email !!!!

Thanks and happy holiday !!!

Michel :)

arch2b
2004.12.27, 05:44 AM
it seems like canadians get the shaft when it comes to importing toys :(

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.27, 08:11 AM
Only from the states. lol. We get better shipping from China then you guys for some reason. Directly from the shop vs toy east, it's cheaper right away to order from toy east by almost $10. But, I like supporting the shop.

thank god that this stuff is made in Japan and China tho :D

mod_o_matic
2004.12.27, 08:44 AM
As long as packages are marked gifts there good..

Hear, a LHS ( a really good one) has to sell there mini-zs like at 200 CND (mr-02)..! Thats what got me to buy an xmod...but now i knw there is Iwaver, and theres a hope :D

michel-2000
2004.12.27, 06:20 PM
As long as packages are marked gifts there good..

Hear, a LHS ( a really good one) has to sell there mini-zs like at 200 CND (mr-02)..! Thats what got me to buy an xmod...but now i knw there is Iwaver, and theres a hope :D

That's exactly what I did..... I bought a Xmods, played with it for about 5 minutes, put it back in its box, returned it to RS, and got an Iwaver......cheaper, better and more fun !!!!

I always try to support local shop, but, bottom line, it's my money we're talking about !!!!!!!!

my 0.02

Michel