PDA

View Full Version : vitz mr015

herman
2004.12.29, 04:48 AM
hi folks... i'm just glad that kyosho came out with their own mr015 version...

i quite consider it a clever move by kyosho considering it will enable you to use a wider variety of autoscales that were made early on...

one of my favorites is the vitz... you can plainly see why i consider it my favorite... it's basically because i use it most of the time... :D

well enough of the blah and on to the pics...

herman
2004.12.29, 04:51 AM
under the hood...

took the mr015/mr02 rm motor mount off, and put the old high mount of the mr01 in there...

also had to lower the front with washers... to get the effect in the pics.... :D

herman
2004.12.29, 05:01 AM
other shoes... i mean rims...

here's a pic with the old skyline rims - 11mm wide rears with some inset and 8.5 standard front rims with some offset (don't know exactly how much)...

herman
2004.12.29, 05:08 AM
another pair of shoes...

this is from the taisan viper.... also 11mm wide rear and std 8.5mm front also with some offset (still don't know how much)

herman
2004.12.29, 05:13 AM
skyline vs. viper rims...(rear)

with the inset rims, the skiline's look spot on compared to the viper rims... as the viper's kinda stick out from the body...

another comparison shot is the last pic, looking from the rear, the viper rims (on the right side) kinda stick out of the fender wells...

herman
2004.12.29, 05:16 AM
another set of rims...

used the front's of the mobil 1 nsx mr02 - it's a standard 8.5mm rim with no offset...

you need 4 of them... it actually looks pretty neat...

herman
2004.12.29, 05:19 AM
another set of rims...

used the front's of the mobil 1 nsx mr02 - it's a standard 8.5mm rim with no offset...

you need 4 of them... it actually looks pretty neat...

the last two pics compare the std. wide & std front rims (mr02) put in the rear...

herman
2004.12.29, 05:24 AM
guess the best fit would be the old skyline rims and the std fronts of the mobile 1 nsx mr02... leaning towards the old skyline basically because you will be able to run wides in the rear...

looks however go to the mobile 1 nsx bbs like rims.... :D

Twenty-Se7en
2004.12.29, 09:48 AM
I learned something new Herman... I didn't know that I could use a high mount 01 pod in place of the 02 chassis...

Cool...

The Skyline wheels have a negative offset in the rear and I believe a slight positive offset in the front. They are wonderful wheels but not on the Vitz, like your last choice ;)

byebye
2004.12.29, 09:52 AM
guess the best fit would be the old skyline rims and the std fronts of the mobile 1 nsx mr02... leaning towards the old skyline basically because you will be able to run wides in the rear...

looks however go to the mobile 1 nsx bbs like rims.... :D

How does it run? Here's mine (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/album499)
It will be reincarnated when I get back. I might just order an iwaver 02 for the controller and use the chassis for the vitz. Looks good.

latency
2004.12.29, 11:49 AM
hi folks... i'm just glad that kyosho came out with their own mr015 version...

i quite consider it a clever move by kyosho considering it will enable you to use a wider variety of autoscales that were made early on...

one of my favorites is the vitz... you can plainly see why i consider it my favorite... it's basically because i use it most of the time... :D

well enough of the blah and on to the pics...

Heya Herman, always loved the look of the vitz myself. How does it handle? I would think it would have a high CG and make it want to roll a lot? Do you race this in a vitz only class?

herman
2005.01.02, 09:08 PM
I learned something new Herman... I didn't know that I could use a high mount 01 pod in place of the 02 chassis...

Cool...

The Skyline wheels have a negative offset in the rear and I believe a slight positive offset in the front. They are wonderful wheels but not on the Vitz, like your last choice ;)

well actually the vitz is on a kyosho mr015 chassis... i've tried putting it on an kyosho mr02 (with the mr01 high mount), and although it fits, the choice of rims proved to be some sort of problem (kyosho's mr02 has a wider front track width compared to the mr01 & mr015)...

kyosho's mr015 chassis has the same front track width as the mr01, which will enable you to use most of kyosho's autoscales.... :D

i feel that they should've come out with the mr015 in the first place.... oh well... :rolleyes:

and correct you are re: the skyline wheels... neg. offset in the rear & slight positive offset in the fronts... :D

herman
2005.01.02, 09:28 PM
How does it run? Here's mine
It will be reincarnated when I get back. I might just order an iwaver 02 for the controller and use the chassis for the vitz. Looks good.

bye2... it runs fairly well... i guess the controller for the iwaver02 is pretty good... however as i mentioned... the vitz is on a kyosho mr015 chassis with an mr01 high motor mount...

you might run into some problems putting the vitz on an 02 chassis regarding rim selection...

i think i've seen a video of that vitz in action... pretty cool... :D

herman
2005.01.02, 09:47 PM
How does it handle? I would think it would have a high CG and make it want to roll a lot? Do you race this in a vitz only class?

it runs pretty good (during the very short time that i did run it)... i guess rolling would depend on what surface you run on, and what type of tires you run... i wish i could run this in a vitz only class... i wish i could run it period... no track here... most of the guys i know are into 1/10 now... no time to run it as well... :(

byebye
2005.01.02, 11:24 PM
I loved mine and no matter how hard I pushed it, it didn't roll. Tire selection with the 02 chassis is slim but the setup I had was perfect even with narrows all around. Kinda hope to someday do it again but with either an Iwaver 02 or another kyosho 02. Probably go with a 2x2 next time also.

I think the vitz is hard to some by now. The last place I bought one was at the highdesert hobbies in Palmdale, Ca. They had about 5 or 6 and I bought 3. Still a cool little body. Next project will be an 02 MR-S.

herman
2005.01.06, 12:10 AM
bye2... hmm you said you got your vitz on a mr02 chassis? mind posting them pics?

how does the rear rims line up with the front rims?

byebye
2005.01.06, 12:45 AM
I never did take pictures of the chassis. I have photos of the vitz in my gallery. Just a few. I used the mm h-plate and a mr-01 high motor mount. There is a video of it running around the track. I lapped my wife and arch2b a few times with it. had a 2x2 fets stack running an x-speed motor. I will have to look through photos and see if I did take one. I may have.

byebye
2005.01.06, 02:16 PM
bye2... hmm you said you got your vitz on a mr02 chassis? mind posting them pics?

how does the rear rims line up with the front rims?
I found this. Not the most detailed but it will give you an idea. It's actually a very plain chassis.mr-015 vitz (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album499/vitz_chassis)

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.06, 02:24 PM
I found this. Not the most detailed but it will give you an idea. It's actually a very plain chassis.mr-015 vitz (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album499/vitz_chassis)
nice rear damper... :D

byebye
2005.01.06, 02:32 PM
ancient chinese secret...........

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.06, 02:36 PM
looks like a couple of foam earplugs, lol...

byebye
2005.01.06, 02:39 PM
ancient chinese secret...............did you see the vitz vid?

competition orange (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/112704gtg/Movie.wmv)

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.06, 02:48 PM
i cant get videos to work here at work...i'll have to check it out when I go home...

arch2b
2005.01.06, 02:50 PM
here (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/112704gtg) are the pictures

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.06, 03:03 PM
nice! though it may be time to clean that track :rolleyes:

herman
2005.01.06, 09:01 PM

looks like a couple of foam earplugs, lol...

make that a couple of ancient chinese earplugs...

byebye
2005.01.07, 02:06 AM
make that a couple of ancient chinese earplugs...
That they are guys! Slightly used......j/k :D

I don't know if anyone remembers someone using them but it was just enough to dampen the rear. I was using a soft h-plate on that setup.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.07, 09:01 AM
That they are guys! Slightly used......j/k :D

I don't know if anyone remembers someone using them but it was just enough to dampen the rear. I was using a soft h-plate on that setup.
teh wax should be a nice grease to eas some of the friction :p

herman
2005.01.07, 09:33 AM
lol...

hey bye2... was just wondering how the rear and front std non offset tires line up on the vitz? is the rear track width is narrower than the front? or are they just the same?

herman
2005.01.07, 09:36 AM
duh... just saw the pic...

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/112704gtg/IMG_3950

it does look like the fronts kinda stick out a bit... how does it handle?

i got a similar set up and put the taisan porsche gt3 body on it... check out my signature... looks pretty good :D

arch2b
2005.01.07, 10:07 AM
when i had my vitz on an 02 chassis, i used clk rear wheels and non offset standard front wheels, from the altezza i believe.

front view (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album50/IMG_1644)

chassis view (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album50/IMG_1643)

rear view (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album50/IMG_1645)

you can see in my setup the rear wheels are a tad wider stance than the front which looks good. the front were flush or just right for the vitz body. i don't recall which wheels byebye used.

maybe byebye and myself should create a vitz only class :p we both have the parts and i know he has a few more bodies ;)

byebye
2005.01.07, 10:50 AM
That would be cool. Just more money to spend on chassis. I hate having bodies that don't run. Maybe when I go back to cali in May I can see if palmdale has any more left.