PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl track idea!

maddermaxx
2004.12.30, 05:04 PM
hola this is a picture of a track i am thinking of maiin on vinyl the lanes are 1 1/2' wide the track is for xmods... tell me if it needs to be any bigger the size is.. 11'x10 1/2'

lightfighter
2004.12.30, 08:32 PM
really you should try to pick up some foam mats and you can make that layout easy

maddermaxx
2004.12.30, 10:16 PM
really you should try to pick up some foam mats and you can make that layout easy

ah yes but my dad gets vinyl for free and i can get 12 ft wide peices...

and just cut it 11 ft long

davkin
2004.12.31, 01:23 AM
1 1/2' wide lanes are tight even for Mini-Z's and outright impossible for X-mods. I'd go nearly 2' min. for Mini-Z's (MR01's and MR02's) and nearly 3' for X-mods and Mini-Z F1's.

David

byebye
2004.12.31, 03:56 AM
hola this is a picture of a track i am thinking of maiin on vinyl the lanes are 1 1/2' wide the track is for xmods... tell me if it needs to be any bigger the size is.. 11'x10 1/2'

You will run into the problem of it being a tight track for x-mods. Vinyl though might allow you to create a drift track. I have though about using somthing as slippery to put on the corners of my track to create a drifting surface without having to use tape on the tires. I would go with a minimum 2.5' wide lane and probably start out with a rough oval or square to see just how easily the cars will turn on such a narrow track. If it all works out then just re configure it.

If you use the AFM(Anti-fatigue mats) then you can be certain that your car won't be drivable. The AFM are grippier than the vinyl I assume which will give you understeer not allowing you to turn as tight on your narrow lanes. Good Luck!

Ouraydog
2005.02.02, 02:57 PM
I have a couple of carpet track layouts that use 24" wide lanes, and they work pretty good for racing 3-4 Mini Z cars. The F1s are a little tight, but still ok for 3 cars at a time.

I found that square corners make a narrow track hard to drive. If you use a 12" radius on the corners, it helps a lot.