PDA

View Full Version : Steering turning radius

aeroelasticmz
2005.01.11, 05:44 AM
Dear all,

My overland steering gives different turing radius when I steer left and then right. the right turn need much smaller radius to make a circle. this suggests that the wheel turns more when I steer right. Does anyone know how can I adjust this? the steering trim on the transmitter only change the angle of turning together for left and right but not individually, does anyonehave any idea? thanks very much.

Aero

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.11, 01:31 PM
Dear all,

My overland steering gives different turing radius when I steer left and then right. the right turn need much smaller radius to make a circle. this suggests that the wheel turns more when I steer right. Does anyone know how can I adjust this? the steering trim on the transmitter only change the angle of turning together for left and right but not individually, does anyonehave any idea? thanks very much.

Aero

can you see of the wheels are turning different amounts? If yes then lots of thinks could be the problem...bad bearing...bad diff...warped chassis...bad knuckle...binding king pin....

aeroelasticmz
2005.01.12, 04:02 AM
thanks, visually its not that obvious . i read bout the ball diff in hte forum causing similar problem in the FI series. i had a ball diff and i tried to use it but the steering problem still exist. physically, everything is good and tidy around the front wheel...

thanks

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.12, 12:09 PM
I's put the car on a piece of paper and mar neutral, right and left turning...if they are the same its not the servo or any electronics...if it is then it may be the pot...

anyway if its the same then its mechanical...are all the wheels spinnigng equally and freely? Is there debris wrapped around a wheel? are your springs equal?

aeroelasticmz
2005.01.13, 03:33 AM
I's put the car on a piece of paper and mar neutral, right and left turning...if they are the same its not the servo or any electronics...if it is then it may be the pot...

anyway if its the same then its mechanical...are all the wheels spinnigng equally and freely? Is there debris wrapped around a wheel? are your springs equal?

Well, I have checked it physically and nothing seems wrong on the springs, wheels... I think it might be the mechanical problem in the servo case then... thanks for the advice anyway...

Aero