PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my MR-02 MM

Roger
2005.01.17, 10:07 PM
Here they are. The car has changed a little and I will get some updates soon. Enjoy:

arch2b
2005.01.17, 10:41 PM
i think your wheel spacers on the front king pins are upside down.

what disc damper is that?

nice setup :p

zukor85
2005.01.17, 11:37 PM

it looks like a Atomic DPS w/o the ssg plate to me.... isn't the nsx RM :confused:

Mocoloco
2005.01.18, 01:05 AM
it looks like a Atomic DPS w/o the ssg plate to me.... isn't the nsx RM :confused:

I think it's the GPM version, although there seem to be a few vendors that sell pretty much the same design. 3Racing also has one that's pretty much identical.

michvin
2005.01.18, 01:34 AM

Sharp eye, arch! They are :)
looks Kyosho to me...

zukor85
2005.01.18, 02:17 AM
Sharp eye, arch! They are :)
looks Kyosho to me...

thinking of it putting the limiter upside down seems feasible.... kyosho only got dps for RM the MM one is no yet released if they r doing one... :D

Roger
2005.01.18, 05:37 AM
These photos were taken last night after a practice session at HobbyTown USA Fremont. I was wondering if anybody has this particular old school body for sale ( Mugen NSX ). I can trade you or offer some funds to you via paypal. If you have this body available for sale, i'm very interested. Thanks. ( note: just in case you ask, I removed the antenna for the photos ). Enjoy:

Yo Larry !! Post your photo up; JinDow !!!

Roger
2005.01.18, 05:44 AM
Last photo. Enjoy.

joseph
2005.01.18, 06:30 AM
Hey roger i was just wondering how are those grooved tires do they hook up from joseph :D Here they are. The car has changed a little and I will get some updates soon. Enjoy:

TNB
2005.01.18, 12:07 PM
Joe,
They look like Atomic tires. I was running some 10s on my Diablo when we had the track outside.

Big_L
2005.01.18, 03:23 PM
These photos were taken last night after a practice session at HobbyTown USA Fremont. I was wondering if anybody has this particular old school body for sale ( Mugen NSX ). I can trade you or offer some funds to you via paypal. If you have this body available for sale, i'm very interested. Thanks. ( note: just in case you ask, I removed the antenna for the photos ). Enjoy:

Yo Larry !! Post your photo up; JinDow !!!

Since requested I will post tonight. :rolleyes: Gotta clean the ride from last nights practice. JinDow!!! :D

Big_L
2005.01.18, 03:33 PM

Yes it is upside down. Roger and I run similar setups. By having them flipped, you have less moving parts, allowing the knuckle to move up and down more freely. Roger's damper is a hybrid of using Atomic disks and GPM plate. Roger's car is dialed and freakin' fast!

Roger
2005.01.18, 04:42 PM
Roger's car is dialed and freakin' fast!

Larry: Your car is freakin dialed and fast !! Im thinking about trying different angles on the top shock. Maybe start off at 3 degrees and go from there. I'd like to see how the car reacts to different settings and angles.

arch2b
2005.01.18, 05:01 PM
Yes it is upside down. Roger and I run similar setups. By having them flipped, you have less moving parts, allowing the knuckle to move up and down more freely. Roger's damper is a hybrid of using Atomic disks and GPM plate. Roger's car is dialed and freakin' fast!
please exlpain this to me more clearly because i don't see how flipping the main spacer part upside down alloys the parts to move more freely, plus the only part you eliminating it the ring spacer which sits on the other part, not the king pin. it's not that i doubt you, i just don't understand how flipping one peice, removing another makes it move better?

Roger
2005.01.18, 05:40 PM
I flipped the spring / spring limiter because I wanted the front suspension to react directly to the spring first under load rather than the spring limiter. I've tried it both ways ( limiter in the top and bottom position ) and it feels the same weather you have it either way.

arch2b: Nice rides in your gallery. I especially like the orange McClaren :) .

arch2b
2005.01.18, 05:44 PM
i imagine it would since essentially it works the same way. if hte knuckle moves, the spacer moves with it and thus the spring. unless the spacer has some friction in it and does not rebound as smoothly as it should in which case having it upside down would alloy the spring to react to any gap a sticky spacer would cause during movement. atleast i that is my understanding of it.

Roger
2005.01.31, 03:55 AM
Updated Pics:

Roger
2005.02.23, 03:18 AM
Here ya go. Looks the same but trying new things ( PN Racing motor mount, JRL racing top brace with 0.5 caster / 1.5 camber, atomic gold springs, stock zero degrees knuckles, PN mod motor, and atomic dry bearings ) Enjoy.

pchan0
2005.03.15, 05:36 PM
Here ya go. Looks the same but trying new things ( PN Racing motor mount, JRL racing top brace with 0.5 caster / 1.5 camber, atomic gold springs, stock zero degrees knuckles, PN mod motor, and atomic dry bearings ) Enjoy.

Wow, Roger are we brothers?:cool: I just painted up a Mclaren and it has the same color as yours although my scheme is abit different but similar. I'm racing tomorrow and will get my buddy to take a picture of the Mclaren body and the chassis...

Roger
2005.03.21, 04:19 AM
Wow, Roger are we brothers?:cool: I just painted up a Mclaren and it has the same color as yours although my scheme is abit different but similar. I'm racing tomorrow and will get my buddy to take a picture of the Mclaren body and the chassis...

Yeah, I saw that one and the paint scheme is sweeeeeet. Good job bro :D