PDA

View Full Version : Pics of My MR02 MM NSX

Big_L
2005.01.19, 01:36 AM
Here are some pics of my MR02 MM NSX. The rear fenders were dremel to clear MM set up.

Laundry List:
1) GPM 1* Knuckles with Kyosho Green Springs
2) 1* Toe In Steering Bar
3) Topcad Rims with Bearings
4) Front Atomic 20* Tires
5) Rear GPM Radial 8* Tires
6) Atomic Mid Motor Mount
7) Atomic Stock Motor with 8t Pinion
8) Kyosho Diff with GPM 41t Spur Gear
9) Atomic SSG Damper
10) Kyosho Medium H Plate
11)Kyosho Overland Oil Shock
12) FET 2x3

Let me know what you think.

JinDow!

Roger
2005.01.19, 01:46 AM
Hey, i've seen that car before. Larry, your killing me with the first photo :)

michvin
2005.01.19, 10:23 AM
you made some dremelization to the body to fit it on MM?

Ninja
2005.01.19, 12:31 PM
are you running wide wheels up front and in the back?

ExtraPickles
2005.01.19, 12:38 PM
Sweet! Any US source for the Atomic motor mount?

-pickles

arch2b
2005.01.19, 12:40 PM
Sweet! Any US source for the Atomic motor mount?

-pickles
email the shop.. ofcourse it won't be addressed till the shop reopens but mini-z already imports atomic parts so i'm sure it's just a matter of including the part number in his next order :p

Big_L
2005.01.19, 12:45 PM
are you running wide wheels up front and in the back?
Yeah, but I need to go to a bigger rear offset because of the wide fronts.

ExtraPickles
2005.01.19, 12:47 PM
email the shop.. ofcourse it won't be addressed till the shop reopens but mini-z already imports atomic parts so i'm sure it's just a matter of including the part number in his next order :pNaturally I did that Arch... and got no response and this was a couple weeks ago. I'm tired of chasing him. Any other US sources for someone that wants one yesterday?

-pickles

Big_L
2005.01.19, 12:51 PM
you made some dremelization to the body to fit it on MM?
Yup! I needed to trim the rear wheel fender. Originally the NSX body was a RM 94mm wheelbase. With the MM motor mount the wheelbase is increased to 98mm, so slight body modifications to fit it. I love the handling of the NSX. I'm just trying to find the older versions (i.e. Mugen, Castrol, or the Loctite), the molding seems to be a little thicker than the new NSX bodies.

ExtraPickles
2005.01.19, 12:54 PM
What kind of track surface are you primarily running it on?

-pickles

PoorZDriver
2005.01.19, 02:51 PM
Yup! I needed to trim the rear wheel fender. Originally the NSX body was a RM 94mm wheelbase. With the MM motor mount the wheelbase is increased to 98mm, so slight body modifications to fit it. I love the handling of the NSX. I'm just trying to find the older versions (i.e. Mugen, Castrol, or the Loctite), the molding seems to be a little thicker than the new NSX bodies.

the takata is EXTREMELY thick in most places, y not give that a try.

ChiefGreenLeaf
2005.01.19, 09:57 PM
I find that the 2003 NSX's(Mobil,Takata & G-Zox) to be the thickest and most durable.

Roger
2005.01.20, 12:39 AM
Yo Larry !! Good line bro !! :)

Big_L
2005.01.20, 01:24 AM
What kind of track surface are you primarily running it on?

-pickles
The two tracks I race and practice on is a RCP track and the track at Club 28, which are gray foam shop mats with barriers.

Big_L
2005.01.20, 01:30 AM
I find that the 2003 NSX's(Mobil,Takata & G-Zox) to be the thickest and most durable.

Yeah, I'm really hard on my bodies. I killed my takata and now my mobil1, I ca back the left front back together also with shoe goo. I need to work on my throttle control, I push the car too much were mistakes come easy and the window of correction is small. More or less also my mental game, it's easy to throw me off, just say"Nice line!" and the next couple laps I'll screw up................................Thanks Roger! :) JinDow! :eek:

Big_L
2005.01.20, 01:38 AM
Yo Larry !! Good line bro !! :)

I did have a nice line, I had a few straight solid laps. Then the zone killah, you RogerSan, came in and got in my head! Next race I'm wearing a mp3 player. :D

How mad was homie when his car took like 4 beatings in a row thus finally braking his H plate just right after he put that new body on. :mad: Felt bad that he took lickin's but he never called it, he just got freight trained.

We racin' Friday?

Roger
2005.01.20, 03:04 AM
I did have a nice line, I had a few straight solid laps. Then the zone killah, you RogerSan, came in and got in my head! Next race I'm wearing a mp3 player. :D

How mad was homie when his car took like 4 beatings in a row thus finally braking his H plate just right after he put that new body on. :mad: Felt bad that he took lickin's but he never called it, he just got freight trained.

We racin' Friday?

Yeah, i felt sorry for him also. I had to ask him how his car was after seeing his ride in 2 pieces. Me and John hit him by accident cause we were dicing the whole time and when you go into the sweeper at full speed, its hard to see his car. He should've called out so everyone can watchout for him. Anyways, we are racin cause Leo and Chris Chow will be there. These two guys finished 1st and 2nd at the PN race last year at Rialto.

williams F1#3
2005.03.29, 06:41 PM
what degree tie rod do u run?

Roger
2005.03.29, 07:15 PM
I think Big_L uses a #2, but he can clarify that when he reads your post.

pchan0
2005.03.29, 07:56 PM
I think Big_L uses a #2, but he can clarify that when he reads your post.

Now that Atomic released the 94mm motor mount, you can run your favourite 94mm bodies with out dremeling the body...! :cool:

Roger
2005.04.03, 03:16 PM
Now that Atomic released the 94mm motor mount, you can run your favourite 94mm bodies with out dremeling the body...! :cool:

I have one of those new Atomic 94 motor pod MM and it looks like the top plate is too long (98mm). The friction plates are way too forward and it binds up the friction plates. You'll need a 94mm top plate.

mod_o_matic
2005.07.14, 05:55 PM
Is there any other dampining systum that can be used on a set up such as the one you have? I have an iWaver and once upgraded i would want it to be MM, with the side damping. AND, it would be like your as my body is 90mm or w/e and will need some dermailing etc.!

1ofdfew323
2006.04.16, 01:20 AM
I use the MM plate on my NSX and it fits perfect w/ out dremeling the bodu out.