PDA

View Full Version : custom shells

Sharpshooter
2002.02.26, 02:05 AM
ok, i see all of u making a custom body shell..but where do u get the main frame of the car and things? and were do u get the body clips? do u pull it out of crap shells?

thanks

Russ
2002.02.26, 02:39 AM
the main frame of the car? You mean the chassis? It mounts on the chassis like normal, unless the body is too long, then you have to make your own H plate out of something like a credit card or an old CD. If you don't want to do that, you can cut the body and take out a section to make it shorter.

I make my own body clips. The first few sets I made I used the headrests of the seats that came with the model. Now I use popsicle sticks (see my webpage, in pics, then the 60's vw bug). I get all my mini-z conversion bodies out of a box of unfinished model bodies at the local hobby shop, around $5 for each one.

Hope this answered most of your questions!! Let me know if it didn't.

Sharpshooter
2002.02.26, 02:42 AM
thanks but i meant chassis meaning like..

pretend i wanna make a Corvette shell...how do u guys make the main shape of the Corvette shell...like molding the plastic or something?

thanks

Sharpshooter
2002.02.26, 02:44 AM
i mean frame...

Russ
2002.02.26, 03:07 AM
oh...I don't think anyone molds their own bodies...they just go to the store and buy 1/24 or 1/25 model bodies and use those.

Sharpshooter
2002.02.26, 03:09 AM
oh ok thanks!