PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho event in LI

Lionblade
2005.01.30, 03:06 PM
I'm sure some of you have heard about this, but here goes.

On the weekend of Feb. 19th and 20th, there's going to be a Kyosho sanctioned event in Coram, LI. There's going to be 4 classes: Overland, F1(Which I wish I had SO badly), Open, and Pro.

The latter I assume are the classes for 01 and 02 racers.

If you don't have a registry from at your local track, you can stop by HKS.

Also, big thanks to HKS for telling us guys at ARC about it.

Anybody sure they'll be in?

cam2
2005.01.30, 03:08 PM
there's been talk about it here. (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16724) a couple of guys and the owner of hks are gonna be racing there. any of the arc guys coming out for it?

Lionblade
2005.01.30, 03:49 PM
About 6 of us plan on it so far, but I'm betting there's going to be more response.

Perhaps even the famed John Brown will join us. We'd clean up. :D

arch2b
2005.01.30, 03:49 PM
that's the pn racing series correct? what does that series have anything to do with kyosho other than it being a mini-z racing series? i find it hard to believe kyosho would sponsor an event that was open regarding permitting other manufacturer parts. i could always be wrong though....

Lionblade
2005.01.30, 03:56 PM
It's just what I've heard so far.

I don't know all the details. Yet.

cam2
2005.01.30, 07:35 PM
that's the pn racing series correct? what does that series have anything to do with kyosho other than it being a mini-z racing series? i find it hard to believe kyosho would sponsor an event that was open regarding permitting other manufacturer parts. i could always be wrong though....

from what i understand it's an hks race sponsored by pn racing. the only reason it's not at hks is cause of the small size of the place. so they moved it to southshore hobby because of it's pit area that can seat about 100 people. i don't think kyosho has anything to do with this.

arch2b
2005.01.30, 07:49 PM
thats what i was trying to clear up... he stated it as a "Kyosho sanctioned event" when it's actually an event sponsored by pnracing

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.30, 08:35 PM
About 6 of us plan on it so far, but I'm betting there's going to be more response.

Perhaps even the famed John Brown will join us. We'd clean up. :D
Imnot sure about that....Allen is one insane drive. It's like an art form

TNB
2005.01.30, 09:05 PM
My driving is an art form too--I think it's called junk art by a starving artist.

TITANIUM
2005.01.30, 09:32 PM
i think this link is what hes talk'n about...

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16724

tnb, your driving is mor abstract than junk...

TNB
2005.01.31, 10:46 AM
tnb, your driving is mor abstract than junk...
Abstract art seems to sound better than junk art. ;)

byebye
2005.01.31, 11:17 AM
My driving is an art form too--I think it's called junk art by a starving artist.

LOL nice TNB! Like when I tell my wife to stop trying to park by brail ;)(hope not to offend anyone) which at times is how I race.....

-Byebye

TNB
2005.01.31, 12:48 PM
LOL nice TNB! Like when I tell my wife to stop trying to park by brail ;)(hope not to offend anyone) which at times is how I race.....

-Byebye
I have to remember that one. :) It also reminds me of the National Cathedral and the "tomb" of Helen Keller with the brail strip. Man, it's been a while since I last was in D.C.

outlaw
2005.01.31, 10:13 PM
you can count me in. i will be there even if i have to "break up" with my wife for just those two days in order to go!!!!!! :D

hksdummy
2005.02.02, 04:25 PM
Just a reminder you guys!!

Please sign up for the Race being held in Long Island, February 19 &20, 2005 for the HKS MINI-Z WINTER CHALLENGE 2005.

Please visit www.hkshobby.com for more information.

Its come up pretty fast. So please sign up!!! I know you guys dont want to pay any late fees now do you??... I dont mind!!! =)

Track is open everyday, just call ahead of time.

Races are every Friday night and Sundays.

Last Friday ( Jan 28) was a big crowd. So much people. This Friday should be another big crowd.