PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Bullet

Roger
2005.01.31, 05:56 AM
Here's a few pictures of my new race body..... The Silver Bullet. There are alot of silver colored cars at our track, and the decals will distiguish mine with others while going through lap traffic. :D

Enjoy

kurtmeyer69
2005.01.31, 11:10 AM
very nice..i like it!K

Ninja
2005.01.31, 12:02 PM
yes, very good job, not too bright but bright enough to distenguish from the other cars, just one question, whats with that antenna? (what and why is it?)

TNB
2005.01.31, 01:50 PM
Roger,
I was expecting "beer" stickers.

Ninja
2005.01.31, 01:58 PM
no that would be one our race friends here in TN, who wants to decorate his MMT like a malt liquor can :D

Roger
2005.01.31, 02:05 PM
just one question, whats with that antenna? (what and why is it?)

I've tried the internal antenna to make the car look to scale, but it gave me too much interference. And then I tried to lengthen the metal antenna with some metal piano wire, but I was still getting interference. I even tried adding extra capacitors on my motors, but it was still the same. Thats when I met Leo Zin and Chris Chow of club28. These two guys took 1st and 2nd at the PN Race in Rialto last year in pro z ( You can see them on PN racing's website ). I told them about the issues i've been having with radio interference. They reccommended me to remove the existing antenna wire on the circuit board and re-soider a longer wire. Thats when I relized why alot of racers in my area had this set-up. All I need to do is use some heat shrink to cover the antenna wire. Now, I haven't encountered any kinds of radio interference :D .

arch2b
2005.01.31, 02:12 PM
i plan on doing this with several of my cars as soon as i buy some small guage spegetti wire

Roger
2005.01.31, 02:45 PM
I just used an old airtronics receiver and cut the antenna wire out of it.

If I had some small beer decals, it'd be on there :)

Big_L
2005.01.31, 04:11 PM
Yeah I like the silver bullet! I know I've been lagging to post the Pink Barbie killer.

If any of you guys that have an old stereo receiver, the black wire antenna off the back of those works great for mini z antennas.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.01.31, 04:34 PM
Why an I suddenly thirsty?

lfisminiz
2005.01.31, 09:25 PM
Cool, mclarens are great bodies.

fraz
2005.02.01, 04:52 AM
Here's a few pictures of my new race body..... The Silver Bullet. There are alot of silver colored cars at our track, and the decals will distiguish mine with others while going through lap traffic. :D

Enjoy

Brotha Rog,

Now I know why I can't find a damn McLaren body anywhere... you have 'em all:p If you can find me one I would be quite stoked.

I busted one of the Enzo wheels in DC the other night so I am looking for a new body until I get new wheels. So far the replacements I have are a narrower offset and I don't like them as much.

Roger
2005.02.01, 03:20 PM
Brotha Rog,

Now I know why I can't find a damn McLaren body anywhere... you have 'em all:p If you can find me one I would be quite stoked.

I busted one of the Enzo wheels in DC the other night so I am looking for a new body until I get new wheels. So far the replacements I have are a narrower offset and I don't like them as much.

Brotha Fraz: I'll find one for ya. Tell Brotha Steve that im gonna send him a paypal request tonight if you talk to him. Thanks

brian
2005.02.02, 01:41 PM
hey roger, did you race electric sedan at castle and sheldons and drive a hatch? if so its good to see you racing again, I had no idea the bay area was doin mini-z but I'll bring mine out next time I visit the area.. Living in texas is kind of a downer :P

- Brian Bosley

Roger
2005.02.15, 01:34 AM
hey roger, did you race electric sedan at castle and sheldons and drive a hatch? if so its good to see you racing again, I had no idea the bay area was doin mini-z but I'll bring mine out next time I visit the area.. Living in texas is kind of a downer :P

- Brian Bosley

BRIAN !!!!!!! Wuzzz Upppppp !!!!! Dude, it's freakin good to know that you're still around. I thought you were in Az. ? Anyways, yeah, it's me. I sold the hatch for 10K and it was all done-up. I took August and JimmyD for a ride at one of the castle races, and both of them were in ahhhhhh. Anyways, its good to see you posting bro. Hit me back when you get a chance. I should be in Texas for the Texas biggie racing 1/10th scale nitro sedan this year :)

Roger
2005.02.15, 01:41 AM
Here's a pic of me and the team racing 1/8th scale at the nationals last year. I'm on the leftside next to brotha Tim Long and Carl. Here's a picture of Chris Verano of team Kyosho, Kevin, and myself. I took 2nd in the concours event. Late.