PDA

View Full Version : Carpet and static

bolter9
2005.02.02, 02:15 PM
Any of you guys running mini-z on office type carpet know if there are issues with static build-up?

Apparently the Ozite carpet is anti-static, but I'm guessing that's only an issue with larger scale cars...

Thanks!

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.02, 02:35 PM
Any of you guys running mini-z on office type carpet know if there are issues with static build-up?

Apparently the Ozite carpet is anti-static, but I'm guessing that's only an issue with larger scale cars...

Thanks!
Ya know I dont use my 01 nearly enough...I think its new home may be on my desk!

ExtraPickles
2005.02.02, 04:56 PM
Any of you guys running mini-z on office type carpet know if there are issues with static build-up?I don't notice a problem with static buildup on the carpet track where I race.

-pickles

bolter9
2005.02.02, 05:27 PM
I don't notice a problem with static buildup on the carpet track where I race.

-pickles

Hey Pickles- if I remember correctly from reading your previous posts, you are running an office type carpet correct?

I'm on the fence on what type of surface to go with- I currently have a PVC track on my concrete garage floor- I'm going to move off of that surface ASAP. I like the portability of RCP, but want to build my own track with varying radius turns and fancy scenery :D ...so am looking at carpet, and trying to compare Orzite to regular office stuff- I ran the z on the office carpet here at work, and it tracked pretty tight.

anyway, I know this topic has been hashed out a ton here already, so I'll just keep it to my original question regarding static.

Thanks for the response.

Shelby
2005.02.02, 08:49 PM
I have never noticed any problems with static when I have run my mini-z and some of my 1/10 scale cars on carpet. I would think if you had a static problem, you could probably run some bare copper wire under the carpet and then ground it to the building. This might discharge any static in the carpet. Just a thought.