PDA

View Full Version : first attempts at painting...

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.08, 12:25 AM
MR02 Enzo and MR01 with an IW porche body...

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.08, 12:29 AM
sorry posted too wuick and no edit...

Gonad
2005.02.08, 01:22 AM
dont give up your day job to become a painter :D i wonder why ferrari never released one in that scheme. i can see enzo's face now :eek: only joking m8 :p
mind you i cant say nothin my attempts have been worse in the past

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.08, 12:32 PM
dont give up your day job to become a painter :D i wonder why ferrari never released one in that scheme. i can see enzo's face now :eek: only joking m8 :p
mind you i cant say nothin my attempts have been worse in the past
yeah...it's not teh prettiest body but its easy to distinguish on the track...I'm teh ugly one ;) . I made the mistake of using lexan paint. I think I am going to do another with a blank body....

davkin
2005.02.08, 09:53 PM
If the lexan paint was laquer that wasn't a mistake. Laquer is about the only paint I use. I'd suggest however the Tamiya TS sprays or the new Testor's Model Master laquer system paints, they both go on smoother than the Pactra stuff.

David

P.S. if you are using spray cans don't bother trying to do fades. :D

McLaren F1 T3
2005.02.08, 10:06 PM
i disagree about the fades. I have done a fade on my viper that is actually distorted in this picture due to flash. But you can see the fade is pretty cool. Just your own style of painting is what counts =]:D
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album181/viper_001
this was with spray cans btw, (krylon household paint.) ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.08, 10:24 PM
in the big RC thread I posted my larger scale rcs...I'm gonna get an unpainted enzo and plastic dye it that scheme. I think it should work, its how I used to dye lax sticks growing up.

like this...

davkin
2005.02.09, 12:24 AM
i disagree about the fades.

And, I'd have to disgree with your disgreement, and submit your pics as proof. :D Sorry, not to flame or anything but I hardly call that a proper fade, more like gradual splatter effect. A good fade can only be done with an airbrush, and on a Mini-Z it needs to have a fine tip.

David