PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers?

soad911
2005.02.08, 05:52 PM
I have an MR02 Lambo, and after spirited driving round the house "coarse" the body is completely goosed. Wing mirrors lasted all of 2 mins, the back bumper section falls off at the slightest tap (definitely a weak point in the moulding) the two twin exhausts have been superglued back on to within an inch of their lives, and now after a high speed assault on a door frame, the whole front section of the beautiful black "gloss coat" body has obliterated into many small and large fragments :eek: Superglue won't save me now.

Before I order another body, do any of you know where I can purchase an alloy or carbon, even plastic, front and rear bumper like the ones found on bigger r/c cars?

Regards all from sunny :cool: :rolleyes: :D England

Mocoloco
2005.02.08, 06:12 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT buy any bumpers from RCButlers. The guy ripped me off for 3 bumpers. He shipped me the wrong items, and will not respond to any emails. The guy is a thief.

soad911
2005.02.08, 06:34 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT buy any bumpers from RCButlers. The guy ripped me off for 3 bumpers. He shipped me the wrong items, and will not respond to any emails. The guy is a thief.

Thanks for the advice Mr Mocoloco. At least this proves to me that they do exist. Somewhere :confused:

ruknd@aol.com
2005.02.08, 08:33 PM
RC Butlers is PAINFULLY slow...I got an Enzo bumper from them and it took the better half of 62 years. It is just a carbon fiber piece and not made by the precision of a laser. You could make a few yourself with some carbon sheets. The get mounted to the screws at the front mount.

I know that CP raceway has alloy ones too....and I bet a lexan one is possible...

mini-z racing
2005.02.08, 11:07 PM
The CP one is nice but since its alloy and connected to the chassis instead of breaking the body you will break the chassis. and changing a MRO2 chassis is a pain when you need to put the servo gears in.

superpeltor
2005.02.09, 02:58 AM
powerline makes nice and cheap bumper. I used both small and large one and I found only large one is big enought to protect most bodies.

they are like 2.something dollars. I got it from towerhobbiez

HammerZ
2005.02.09, 04:04 AM
I found lexan to be a very good material to make a bumper from. I forgot what size I have, but I think it's a .060 thick. It is rigid enough to protect, and flexes enough to not break the chassis. One last note, round off the leading edge if you don't want to leave marks on the walls/ track rails.

Mocoloco
2005.02.11, 12:36 AM
RC Butlers is PAINFULLY slow...I got an Enzo bumper from them and it took the better half of 62 years. It is just a carbon fiber piece and not made by the precision of a laser. You could make a few yourself with some carbon sheets. The get mounted to the screws at the front mount..
I finally got a response out of the thief... after sending him messages for the better part of a month all he did was make excuses - and he didn't even address a single question. So he isn't going to send me what I've paid for, and he hasn't sent me the bumper I won in an ebay auction off of him either. Do NOT trust this guy.