PDA

View Full Version : Guess what my favorite color is...

Mocoloco
2005.02.18, 11:03 PM
I finally got my Tagu 2-piece wheels, and wanted to post some pix of them... they are REALLY nice. :D Here they are on my Enzo chassis.

cam2
2005.02.18, 11:31 PM
they look really nice! let's see some pics with the body. any point to a 2 peice design? it would be cool if you could adjust the width.

arch2b
2005.02.18, 11:42 PM
can you take some pictures of the actual 2 peices? i don't understand what's so special about the wheels other than being offered in various offsets.

btw, i love the red :p

Mocoloco
2005.02.18, 11:54 PM
can you take some pictures of the actual 2 peices? i don't understand what's so special about the wheels other than being offered in various offsets.

btw, i love the red :p

You know... I didn't really examine them too long before I slapped them onto the chassis. When I took a look at them all of them basically are the front wheels. There's a very shallow recessed groove around 1/3 of the outside edge. To make them wide wheels, he fixes a hoop to the narrow sized wheels and voila...

I wasn't sure if I could separate the pieces to see how they fit, but decided that for the price I paid for them, I'd better not monkey with them. :D

Here are some pix of the Enzo body with the wheels...

Arch, I unfortunately left my wheel wrench at work this weekend, but I'll try to shoot a picture of them side by side.

Ken Mifune
2005.02.19, 03:41 AM
Guess what my favorite color is...
uhh... ...wait, I know... ... ...hmmm... ... ... uhh... ...give me a hint.

btw: 2 piece rims is a process usually reversed for forged parts (for strength). Very nice looking none the less. Nice alloy parts too, what color is that?

Mocoloco
2005.02.19, 03:52 AM
uhh... ...wait, I know... ... ...hmmm... ... ... uhh... ...give me a hint.

btw: 2 piece rims is a process usually reversed for forged parts (for strength). Very nice looking none the less. Nice alloy parts too, what color is that?
I don't know... I'm color blind and was hoping you all could tell me... :p

Oh, and one more note... from the angles I took the pictures with the Enzo body, it kinda looks like they aren't offset enough, but that really isn't the case at all. These are Tagu's best work and I think they are comparable in quality with Square or AVM.

Roger
2005.02.19, 04:17 AM
Very very nice. You body is slammed also which make it looks sweeeeet.

Paffinson 01
2005.02.19, 11:37 AM
good golly that is awsome! nice chassis. how did u change the chassis like that? its black? and wats the circle device on the back? nice wheels! :D

Ninja
2005.02.19, 12:29 PM
i just wish the alloy battery clips didnt have the L and R stamped into them. i would assume that anyone with an 02 will know which side the battery clips go on ;)

Mocoloco
2005.02.19, 12:54 PM
good golly that is awsome! nice chassis. how did u change the chassis like that? its black? and wats the circle device on the back? nice wheels! :D
Actually, it's not completely black, it's the transparent grey replacement chassis. I really like the transparent black because it makes all the other alloy colors really pop. I have a completely blue rig, an all black rig, and a transparent/white that I'm working on at the moment. :D

The circle device is the Atomic friction damper mount. Works really well for me.

Ninja
2005.02.19, 01:34 PM
yeah, the friction mount like that will also work on the low mount bodies like the F-50 where there is no room for the top shock for the rear ;)

TITANIUM
2005.02.19, 03:56 PM
mocoloco, very very nice! :cool:

Supraman93
2005.02.19, 05:00 PM
Actually, it's not completely black, it's the transparent grey replacement chassis. I really like the transparent black because it makes all the other alloy colors really pop. I have a completely blue rig, an all black rig, and a transparent/white that I'm working on at the moment. :D

The circle device is the Atomic friction damper mount. Works really well for me.

Very nice car and rims. Do you have any photos of the other cars you have for us to see? ;)

Mocoloco
2005.02.19, 05:14 PM
Very nice car and rims. Do you have any photos of the other cars you have for us to see? ;)
I'm waiting for a height adjustable motor mount for my new blue Mustang, but the other rigs are not quite ready for photographing yet. :D

davisdavis
2005.02.20, 06:55 AM
I finally got my Tagu 2-piece wheels, and wanted to post some pix of them... they are REALLY nice. :D Here they are on my Enzo chassis.

what kind of ball diff is that on your car? looks good
does it work great as well?
i only have a kyosho mr02 ball diff. never tried other brands

Mocoloco
2005.02.20, 11:21 AM
what kind of ball diff is that on your car? looks good
does it work great as well?
i only have a kyosho mr02 ball diff. never tried other brands

Well, to keep everything red and not wanting to sacrifice quality, I took a Kyosho diff. and spray painted the outside (visible) parts red. I also used ceramic 1/8 balls and a black delrin 41 tooth gear, so it's not quite a total modification, but it's not stadard either.

Paffinson 01
2005.02.21, 08:30 AM

kool thnx.

davisdavis
2005.02.21, 11:05 AM
no wonder....i kept looknig at your photos and the design of the diff is much like the kyosho's, which is only avaiable in blue.

did u ever try a gpm mr02 diff?

Mocoloco
2005.02.21, 01:27 PM
no wonder....i kept looknig at your photos and the design of the diff is much like the kyosho's, which is only avaiable in blue.

did u ever try a gpm mr02 diff?
Well, I'm working on another red RM chassis and I'm going to use a upgraded GPM RM diff. I ordered some ceramic 1/16 ball bearings from boca bearings, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Supraman93
2005.02.21, 06:40 PM
Well, to keep everything red and not wanting to sacrifice quality, I took a Kyosho diff. and spray painted the outside (visible) parts red. I also used ceramic 1/8 balls and a black delrin 41 tooth gear, so it's not quite a total modification, but it's not stadard either.

May I ask what is the red color name for the paint you use cause it looks like a perfect match for the red anodizing on the other parts. Also noticed that you probably painted the Atomic damper washer supports red cause I never seen them this color.

Also we have almost identical taste just mine is set up with the clear chassis with all red parts ,Z speed wheels, NML V3 and 2x4 fet stack as soon I get it back from NML. How do you like the front lowering bar? I just ordered a red one and do you have any issues with the front bottoming out.

Have A Nice Day,

Mocoloco
2005.02.21, 08:11 PM
[
think it's Tamiya Metallic Red, but I'll have to check the can to be sure. Actually, the color doesn't QUITE match the red anodized parts - but it's good enough for me.

The damper was made up with a mix of damper manufacturers... The main plate and the black friction disks are Atomic, but the rest are from the GPM version.

I like the front lowering bar alot, especially on the Enzo. However It's hard to get your cars to look normal if you use a body that rides higher then the Enzo (which is most others). Unless you have a height adjustable motor pod, it'll make your car look like it's rear is too high for the front.

I'm also waiting for two FET upgrades from Mister E... the new version of ther 2x4 stacking.

Supraman93
2005.02.27, 10:39 AM
Mocoloco,

Here is my chassis I was speaking of since our taste is very similar. Just got it back from getting a 2x4 fet upgrade and the SSV 3. :)

Supraman93
2005.03.05, 08:12 PM
[
think it's Tamiya Metallic Red, but I'll have to check the can to be sure. Actually, the color doesn't QUITE match the red anodized parts - but it's good enough for me.

The damper was made up with a mix of damper manufacturers... The main plate and the black friction disks are Atomic, but the rest are from the GPM version.

I like the front lowering bar alot, especially on the Enzo. However It's hard to get your cars to look normal if you use a body that rides higher then the Enzo (which is most others). Unless you have a height adjustable motor pod, it'll make your car look like it's rear is too high for the front.

I'm also waiting for two FET upgrades from Mister E... the new version of ther 2x4 stacking.

Mocoloco,

I received the front lowering mount. Can you please tell me if I need to cut the lower front suspension ears off to install. It looks like it but I rather would ask you first since you already installed one and don't want to mess the chassis up.

Thank You,

Rick

DiGiTaLMaN
2005.03.31, 11:18 PM
Great pictures red looks really nice on mini'z it gives it look and brings life to it ...

thanks for sharing

Roger
2005.04.01, 01:27 AM
Nice job supraman93. You guys make me wanna build one now.

Mocoloco
2005.04.02, 05:26 AM
Mocoloco,

I received the front lowering mount. Can you please tell me if I need to cut the lower front suspension ears off to install. It looks like it but I rather would ask you first since you already installed one and don't want to mess the chassis up.

Thank You,

Rick
The GPM lowering mount doesn't require any cutting of any sort. the only change you'll need to make is to use the shock mounts provided with the lowering mount. So no intrusive manipulation.

Buckaroo_Banzai
2005.04.02, 11:05 AM

Very nice! You did just about the same exact things I did to my Enzo! Transparent smoke chassis, colored alloy (I went chrome instead of red), and TaGu wheels (one piece instead of two) :)

Check it out... Buckaroo Gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/Buckaroo_Banzai)

Boss302
2005.05.28, 12:13 PM
I Love red alloy.My Mini-z Is gonna be dished out in Alloy!Well Red to be Exact :cool: .

Whats the whole point of the red body mount? Is it really nessecery? :confused:

TITANIUM
2005.05.28, 04:17 PM
hey superman93,
i see you have blue washers for your dampner...
i have red ones and i would like to trade you or anybody that would like to swap...
anyone intrested...e-mail me...
titanium@bresnan.net

Supraman93
2005.05.29, 01:24 PM
hey superman93,
i see you have blue washers for your dampner...
i have red ones and i would like to trade you or anybody that would like to swap...
anyone intrested...e-mail me...
titanium@bresnan.net

Titanium,

Thank you for the offer and for the longest time I wanted the red washers but have since grown use to the contrast with the blue washers being that there is so much red on this car and like the way it looks now.

Anyhow here are a couple of photos of the lowering bar installed in case someone does a search, they can get an idea of how it is mounted being that I didn't have much luck when I did a search and it is very easy to install and I really like the way the enzo sits now.

Have A Nice Day,

Rick

TITANIUM
2005.05.29, 03:21 PM
nice paint...most excellent