PDA

View Full Version : Rialto Mini-Z Racing

CoreAnalog
2005.02.26, 11:50 PM
Hello All,

We had a great time racing at NetZone today. I couldn't race though as I was helping
with the Core racing software. I think Sam will be doing this on a monthly basis for now
on. We'll get the race stats uploaded to the stats server at www.corespeedway.com soon...

--Core

Ninja
2005.02.27, 12:20 AM
any news or updates about the lap timing system? pricing, official release dates? any info would be appreciated, i know me and the guys at our local track would love to have one of your systems :D

TITANIUM
2005.02.27, 12:23 AM
so, any missed laps during your testing there?
also, can you explain to me how this works with a F1....?
thanks!

CoreAnalog
2005.02.27, 12:47 AM
so, any missed laps during your testing there?
also, can you explain to me how this works with a F1....?
thanks!

No missed laps. We did one of two things for the F1 Class that ran today.
You can cut out a hole for the driver's head/antenna to go through and tape it on
top of the car. This gives the best signal strength. Or, a couple of the guys bent
the transponders at the end and fit it inside the F1 body. This worked fine but
it does reduce the pickup range.

The web site has been updated with pricing info.

--Core

TNB
2005.02.27, 02:24 AM
CoreAnalog,
There seems to be numerous broken links on your website or my firewall is blocking out the .jpg files. For example, I can't see the three photos next to the pricing information on the shop now page. I further noticed that your website informs the consumer that you are out of the $499 units.
http://www.corespeedway.com/web_request.cgi?shopnow

Mr. P usually posts the Rialto race results on the following thread too.
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=162916#post162916

T,
I do know that you know at least three of the people who raced in Rialto tonight--at least the same three people who I spoke to on the telephone tonight. "We" need to practice and while I was at the track tonight, another person stopped by wanting to purchase the building. It just sort of amazes me that it doesn't matter if I am running Zs in the morning, afternoon, evening, late night or early morning--people stop by.

TITANIUM
2005.02.27, 07:25 PM
tnb, it must be your animal magnetism.... :D

Core, will it work under the F1?...I just hate the idea of masking the body with the transponder...though that’s better than missed laps...

CoreAnalog
2005.02.27, 10:04 PM

Core, will it work under the F1?...I just hate the idea of masking the body with the transponder...though that’s better than missed laps...

Yes, we have tested it mounted underneath the car and it works. However, there
are two problems... Transponder must be well secured(taped) to the body to prevent
it getting snagged off during a race. This leads to the other problem of having to
change batteries and turn on/off the car.

--Core

TNB
2005.02.28, 11:01 AM
Perhaps with some, with others it may be a repellant. Then again, repelling a few doesn't bother me one bit. Are you still setting up your track at Radio Shack and do you plan on getting this timing system? If so perhaps, I'll drive down and try it out prior to Rialto if I do decide to attend the race in Rialto. Then again, you may not be able to get this system prior to the Rialto race based on the website information that no-one has recently commented on--I guess that I am being ignored. So be it.

TITANIUM
2005.02.28, 01:41 PM
tnb, i dont plan on it any more...i just got new tires for the bitch'n camaro...
so that rules out any new lap counters....

core, do you have any pics of how this is installed on-top of a f1...
(if i put it on top of the driver how will he see? :D )

TNB
2005.02.28, 04:48 PM
tnb, i dont plan on it any more...i just got new tires for the bitch'n camaro...
so that rules out any new lap counters....
And here I have three extra Michelin Pilot tires for the Corvette lying around taking up space. I could have probably sold them to you cheap or even gave them to you though they are pretty darn wide. I simply purchased a new set of 4 instead of replacing 1 or 2 tires.

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 12:12 AM
Core, would the transponder fit underneath the F1, just forward of the power switch?
or is it to thick? would it cause problems with handling?...
or maybe... would it fit between the clear bumper and the chassis?

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 12:17 AM
tnb, are they 265/50/16, or smaller?
if so i will get them out of your way...ASAP!
i need some rears to do the hoiliday drags...

CoreAnalog
2005.03.01, 12:47 AM
Core, would the transponder fit underneath the F1, just forward of the power switch?
or is it to thick? would it cause problems with handling?...
or maybe... would it fit between the clear bumper and the chassis?

T,

The transponder is very thin (about as thick as a business card). You can actually cut
out the center for the power switch (if the switch is in the middle). I don't have any F1's
so I can't say that for sure... There are no problems with handling wherever you
decide to attach it. The guys at the track during the F1 class had no problems
that night. A couple had them taped on top, a couple had them folded on the ends
and stuck inside the body (I was amazed that this worked), as well as underneath
the car. The smaller transponders that we have will fit under the front square
bumper. However, the pickup range is less for the smaller transponders. But,
then again you're less than an inch from the pickup loop underneath the RCP track
so that's not an issue.

TNB,

Yes, the image links are broken. We're waiting for our product photos to be taken...
Hope to get those images added soon.

--Core

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 10:26 AM
Core, the people who installed the transponder within the body shell over the electronics..did they lose any laps?....

I cut out a peace of stock paper to your 1.8 x 1.8 measurements...then referenced your pic with the enzo to make sure it looked correct...I got it very close to the correct size...
then I taped it on the front of the F1, covering the drivers pit.....
well after driving awhile, I would say it would take some time for me to get used to that.....it seems so distracting...I will hope under the shell will turn out ok…

are you going to be at the Rialto pn race 4/2 & 3? ps i will be down the thursday & friday prior...hope to see you there..

TNB
2005.03.01, 10:48 AM
tnb, are they 265/50/16, or smaller?
if so i will get them out of your way...ASAP!
i need some rears to do the hoiliday drags...
I'll check the numbers and send you an email later or call you with the information. I do know that the speed rating of the tires is not quite as high as the tires now on the Corvette and that the rears are not quite as wide. Originally, I was going to go with larger wheels and lower profile tires until I mentioned Corvette--it appears that the offset is so great that very few companies make wheels to fit. I was informed recently that the new "stock" Corvette tires run around $800 each. Freaking crazy.

TITANIUM
2005.03.01, 11:26 AM
ya...but its corvette....and worth it IMO...
i can race most corvettes with the bitch'n camaro...but dont ask me to turn a corner with it and expect me to keep up...

CoreAnalog
2005.03.01, 11:09 PM
Core, the people who installed the transponder within the body shell over the electronics..did they lose any laps?....

I cut out a peace of stock paper to your 1.8 x 1.8 measurements...then referenced your pic with the enzo to make sure it looked correct...I got it very close to the correct size...
then I taped it on the front of the F1, covering the drivers pit.....
well after driving awhile, I would say it would take some time for me to get used to that.....it seems so distracting...I will hope under the shell will turn out ok…

are you going to be at the Rialto pn race 4/2 & 3? ps i will be down the thursday & friday prior...hope to see you there..

We didn't miss any laps on any of the cars.
Yes, I'll be there... But probably not both days.

--Core

Mr. P
2005.03.05, 02:37 AM
TNB, it was nice to talk to you also. We are looking forward to see you racing with us. I will try to go up to your track one of these day.

Here's the result of Saturday, February 26 race.
The Micro class was held after all of the Mini-Z races.

Pro Stock A Main, Allan Alvord TQed in this class.
Pos Lap Time Name
1 58 8:06.17 James Davis
2 56 8:06.18 Allan Alvord
3 51 8:03.36 George Y
4 45 8:08.83 Mr. P
5 32 8:05.91 Jonathan Still
6 25 4:28.51 Tom Acosta

Following are the result of the Mini-Z racing result. The significant of this race is due to the fact that we are utilizing CORESPEED SYSTEM(hardware and software) to run the race.

Mini-Z F1 Open
Pos Lap Time Name
1 44 6:05.80 Allan Alvord **
2 41 6:06.12 Philip Ng
3 40 6:02.39 Chad Nelson
4 40 6:02.58 Brian Daugherty
5 32 6:06.95 Gerardo Gomez
6 2 0:32.90 Tom Acosta
** Allan Alvord was running Nascar body conversion from CPminiraceway.

Mini-Z Modified
Pos Lap Time Name
1 44 6:05.04 Philip Ng
2 43 6:02.04 Chad Nelson
3 41 6:02.51 Brian Daugherty
4 40 6:08.02 Rod Cuyson
Both Philip(PN racing) and Chad were pretty close together almost the entire race with a very smooth driving no one actually have a decisive advantage. Rod Cuyson of NML motor was so strong on the back straight that it kept him intouch with the leaders despite some interesting line that he took(but the motor saves him!!!!).

Mini-Z MR02 OPEN
Pos Lap Time Name
1 42 6:01.27 Rudy Rodriguez
2 42 6:04.00 Cody Turner(That was real close Cody!!!)
3 42 6:05.69 Chad Nelson
4 40 6:07.44 Brett Reichert
5 37 6:03.36 Jeff Spencer
6 28 4:04.30 Brian Daugherty
7 13 1:46.14 Philip Ng
Rudy took off clean and left others to fight for positions Brian and Chad were running strong and close to the leader until Chad commited an error while Brian still running strong at around midway of the race Brian experiencing some difficulty while chad had some excursion with traffic, Cody was stalking the leaders with patient and moved into second place in the later part of the race.

Special thanks to Philip Ng of PN racing and Michael Le of Corespeed System. Thru out the race Corespeed was very helpful with software, firmware and hardware. The system worked flawlessly with out a hitch.

Roger
2005.03.05, 02:27 PM
pretty good turn-out. I wish I was there :)

TNB
2005.03.07, 05:32 PM
TNB, it was nice to talk to you also. We are looking forward to see you racing with us. I will try to go up to your track one of these day.
:) Do we need to bring a table and/or chair to the Rialto Race?

Mr. P
2005.03.07, 06:27 PM
TNB, we have tables and chairs alerady, however during a big race you may have to bring your own table and chairs.

geoffrey109
2005.05.19, 06:23 PM
What is the Racing Schedule, local at Rialto? I've read elsewhere that you guys hold a every third Saturday night race? I want to start coming down and having some fun....

Thanks!!!

G109

geoffrey109
2005.06.05, 08:27 PM
How come no one will post the next Thrid Saturday Race at Railto? Afraid I'll come down and wax some ass......??

Come on let us all in on the next event.....I'm waiting........Is there a date? Please let me know........I need at least one or two events prior to Fremont........thanks.....I won't take all you guys is money......hehehe...

GR/C

TNB
2005.06.05, 09:50 PM
As you should already know, the PN Racing qualifier was already held in Rialto and you can get some practice in Arcadia very soon. Let us know how well you fair against Rudy, Alan and Philip at Kenon Hobby. Who knows, perhaps Chad and Brian will show up as well since they are not that far away.

geoffrey109
2005.06.05, 09:56 PM
As you should already know, the PN Racing qualifier was already held in Rialto and you can get some practice in Arcadia very soon. Let us know how well you fair against Rudy, Alan and Philip at Kenon Hobby. Who knows, perhaps Chad and Brian will show up as well since they are not that far away.

I have every intention to be there.......just for the fun, but was thinking too, why come home......when maybe there might be a Railto race on Saturday Night as well..........while in LA.....Play......

but no one seems to post the Railto Racing Schedule so....... :confused:

GR/C