PDA

View Full Version : xbox compatible switch

arch2b
2005.02.27, 08:00 AM
can anyone reccomend an xbox compatible network switch? ihave to setup my little brother's game room with his xbox and his pc and currently his pc has to be turned off to use the xbox live feature. preferrably the cheapest model as it will only be for this use only and i'm paying for it

byebye
2005.02.27, 08:14 AM
is it the ip address of the computer causing the problem? Your cheapest route would be to find a 10mb hub. Too bad there isn't a fry's electronics in virginia.

arch2b
2005.02.27, 08:22 AM
i haven't done alot of reading on the issue yet. i understand the wg624 wireless router he's currently on has a firmware upgrade that is listed as xbox compaitble but as you know, my time up there is limited and b isn't savy enough to set it up himself.

i was hoping i could find a cheap certified solution.

i read hubs work but would that cause any problems on the rest of the network? hubs ar "dumb" and are prone to issues at times.

cam2
2005.02.27, 08:29 AM
i use this router (http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/overview/index__cat_id--467,prod_id--7379350.html) for my xbox and pc. you can set it up wireless or run cables. works great but not exactly cheap.