ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.21, 11:54 PM
heres my DTM x4 bould...sorry to copy you arch :p

TNB
2005.03.22, 12:19 AM
You don't have it together yet? ;)

arch2b
2005.03.22, 06:44 AM
looks very interesting. i have been keeping an eye on ebay for cheap dtms, tripmates. they loook like funt to build and work on.

i look forward to seeing and hearing about your build :D

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 05:28 PM
actually the build is done...there is a time delay in my progress and posts :D . I'm having a serious issue with some binding between the front spur gear and diff....I'm also having trouble finding electronics. Put a drive shaft down the middle of a z and a motor in teh middle fo the chassis...and there's not much real estate left. Progress pics will come soon.

Arch...I was not at all happy with the tripmate. The DTM is a bettter kit all around. They were both fairly inexpensive so it was fun to play around with. Oh and not to worry about the NY DC GTG...there will be a new playground to meet at in NYC!

HammerZ
2005.03.22, 05:39 PM
I wonder if this is the layout that was the basis for the Xmods, only crammed into a Mini Z size? I think the DTMx4 would work about ten times better, if not more so. I'd like to see more updates on this.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 05:57 PM
I wonder if this is the layout that was the basis for the Xmods, only crammed into a Mini Z size? I think the DTMx4 would work about ten times better, if not more so. I'd like to see more updates on this.
the diffs are real ball diffs with thrust bearings...and the drive is shaft with the motor being mounted parallell to the chassis ( as opposed to perpendicular like the Z's) and in the midde. It's very touring car ish...I've been swamped here a work but I'll post pics probably this week or weekend... the directions are terrible for an american but if you've built a car before its all pretty intuitive and the pics are there to guide you. the finish is a plus right down to the counter sunk screw holes in the chassis...but with the low profile body the upper deck is useless and the drive shaft takes away most of the flooor space. I want to do batteris on one side and elecs on the other if possible. Ideally I want to saddle the pack and dremel battery slots for the best weight distribution and low CG.

Ahh...when I take pics I'll put a mini z for scale....

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 07:15 PM
okey dokey here are some...

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 07:19 PM
and more of the DTM

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 07:23 PM
finally the DTM and Kawaada tripmate...and the tripmate alone...there are lots of similarities between the kawaada and the 01

TNB
2005.03.22, 07:33 PM
There are also photos in Gallery TNB.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 08:53 PM
There are also photos in Gallery TNB.
hey...thats not fair breaking into my house and taking pictures of my vehicles :p
speaking of galleries I still cant fugure that whole thing out...arch think you can used these to start one? :confused:

TNB
2005.03.22, 08:58 PM
The funny thing is that I didn't even realize I had it sitting around that long. Looking forward to your finished product and new gallery. ;)

HammerZ
2005.03.22, 09:28 PM
I almost got a Kawada Tripmate some time back. That DTM look's like it has some small wheels on it, The tires must have a tall profile. What I meant earlier about the Xmods thing, is the basic layout. The DTM is more hobby grade of course.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.22, 11:04 PM
actually...the wheels and tires slide over the alloy wheels like an HPI micro

akura2
2005.03.23, 03:31 AM
Man.. I've had an X4 for more than three years they are a blast... no suspension so it uses bigger tires.... but as Arch2b probably knows... if it's small... I probably have it and have it first..... LOL

DTMsp
DTM X4 w/Team Orion Elite sotck motor
Activ Road Racer (niiiice)
CRT
Puchi Maru
Keyence Deskrunner2000 tractor trailer
1/43 Indoor Racer
etc
etc
etc

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.23, 11:10 AM
Man.. I've had an X4 for more than three years they are a blast... no suspension so it uses bigger tires.... but as Arch2b probably knows... if it's small... I probably have it and have it first..... LOL

akura2...care to share what electronics you threw in it and their placement? Id like to use a 2/3aa pack...maybe saddle it with three cells per side?

TNB
2005.03.23, 12:08 PM
I was thinking 2-cell lipo. :D

akura2
2005.03.23, 12:17 PM
akura2...care to share what electronics you threw in it and their placement? Id like to use a 2/3aa pack...maybe saddle it with three cells per side?

I actually used the recommended electronics (ABC CRP FM) as I bought the car before a lot of the current micro stuff (and lipos) was available... so I'm using the ABC battery... and combo ESC/ Rx/ servo unit... I may change everything out.. but at this time.. it runs so well as is... plus I have so many other small projects to tinker with now :D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2005.04.19, 01:54 AM
Akura2, DTM SP w/ 12 cells & Mamba competition X.

Hey, we should go to Rialto some time.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2005.04.20, 01:23 AM
disregard.