PDA

View Full Version : RCP cleaning ?

Roger
2005.03.23, 12:29 AM
Hey guys. I noticed that when I first ran my new RCP surface, there was a chalky dusty substance that was on our cars. I vacuumed the track and it helped a little. Should I complete rinse out eact tile for cleaning with water or should I vacuum the track until I get a nice clean surface. Thanks in advance for your help.

bda52
2005.03.23, 12:34 AM
I am taking a guess you are running the high grip side of the track- textured side. That is something that just happens. I actually think it is a pretty cool feature, unintentionally. Just like real race cars get covered in dirt, oil and rubber from a race, you get the rubber on the car in similar patterns.

If you run the smooth side you should do not have that problem.

arch2b
2005.03.23, 06:43 AM
no amount of vaccuuming will ever eliminate the textured shedding. i also think it 's a cool side effect. it's nice to see your car coated in key parts like real cars and it simply blows right off.

rcp mentioned when you wash your track, do not soak it and do not let it sit inthe sun to dry as the tiles may shrink like a sponge.

i've washed mine with a hose and it worked well. i just sprayedthem off and let them sit for a while however i now know it would be better to dry them off with a towel or something. i also hold them up when i spray them so they are not sitting in a puddle.

Ninja
2005.03.23, 09:00 AM
carry a can of keyboard duster (for pc's) with you when you race, it takes no time at all to clean the debris from your car ;) but it is also a good idea to use a commercial type sweeper (like hotels use) that have the rollers like a vaccume cleaner to remove the loose debris from the track on occasion, this will improve the traction on the tiles b/c there is no debris to slide on

arch2b
2005.03.23, 09:30 AM
hehe, like this
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/112704gtg/IMG_3952.jpg

good idea with teh sweeper. those are soo cheap i'll have to pick one up this weekend. no more dragging around the vaccuum :p

mini-z racing
2005.03.23, 11:23 AM
looks like you ran threw a mud puddle.

Draconious
2005.03.23, 11:32 AM
the smooth side does it too.. just not as bad.. the tire friction kicks up the dust a bit...

Draconious
2005.03.23, 11:33 AM
I still say some one needs to hack a ROOMBA vacume to be a track zamboni.. was gona do it my self but Ide rather keep the funds for other things...

TNB
2005.03.23, 12:14 PM
Arch2b,
Is that a photo from when you first got the track or do I just vacumm my track more than you do? When my track was new, I had a lot more track dust. However, since I change the layout about every two weeks and vacumm it after each new set up, the track dust appears to be no where near that amount.

By the way, if someone doesn't want to use canned air or an air brush to spray their car off, a small paint brush will work too.

Roger
2005.03.23, 12:25 PM
Arch2b,
Is that a photo from when you first got the track or do I just vacumm my track more than you do? When my track was new, I had a lot more track dust. However, since I change the layout about every two weeks and vacumm it after each new set up, the track dust appears to be no where near that amount.

By the way, if someone doesn't want to use canned air or an air brush to spray their car off, a small paint brush will work too.

Im getting the same as you TNB. Fine dust particles instead of the regular black debris from the high bite surface. Im just gonna vacumm my track more often to eliminate most of the dust we are experiencing. Other than that, we are still getting great traction using atomics 20's in the front and GPM 8's in the rear :)

Stone Cold Z
2005.03.23, 01:11 PM
Im getting the same as you TNB. Fine dust particles instead of the regular black debris from the high bite surface. Im just gonna vacumm my track more often to eliminate most of the dust we are experiencing. Other than that, we are still getting great traction using atomics 20's in the front and GPM 8's in the rear :)

I use my Kirby on the track and it works well and brings the grain back up for good traction. I have not had to use water as sweeping works well.

lfisminiz
2005.03.23, 07:02 PM
Just vac your track regular. To clean cars i reverse my small shop vac to blow dust off cars. Works well.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2005.03.23, 07:27 PM
How about a 2 horse power Shop Vac or a compressor (do it outside to blow-off everything)

The shop vac is what I used during the RCX and it worked great.