PDA

View Full Version : Big D's Raceway & Hobby NYC

hrehowsik
2005.03.25, 01:27 AM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know I'll be opening my track the first or second week of April. Check here and log on to my site for details, updates and racing schedule. See you at HKS friday night and can't wait to see you all at my new spot.

www.bigdrc.com

dennis

cam2
2005.03.25, 07:45 AM
this is great news! what kind of track are you gonna run?

arch2b
2005.03.25, 08:06 AM
cool! good luck with it.

nice looking cr5 btw ;)

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.25, 10:12 AM
I know how it sucks moving crap around the city and if you need some wheels to transport I'd be happy to help with the old rover...

hrehowsik
2005.03.25, 11:45 AM
thanks for the offer ruknd, i'm sure i'll be calling in any favor i can get for the set up. i'm going to use alan's track. i was going to do an rcp but the turns can't be made tight enough for a small track plus it's more difficult to change the layout.

d

ruknd@aol.com
2005.03.25, 11:49 AM
with allen's bumper system I still dig the way the turn layout us limitless and it just works. I'd only say BIGGER! :D BTW..how did you make out in PA?

hrehowsik
2005.03.25, 12:28 PM
yeah it's going to be a few squares bigger than it is now in china town. i won the b main in the spec class. felix mabe it to the a in spec. willy and alan made it to the a in minis and their gt class. we had alot of laughs it was a fun weekend. long day though, 22 heats and 3 rounds. about 16 hours of racing.

hrehowsik
2005.04.04, 11:53 AM
hey all,

big d's raceway will be open for practice noon this saturday. i'll be updating the site tonight or tomorrow with details and you can always check here. it's been alot of work. i've moved the track and everything else from china town to the new location. i had to do some demo to remove a wall to make space for the track. the frame work for the track is complete and i'm installing the racing surface tonight. i'm hoping to do some testing tomorrow night in preparation for this weekend. i'm really excited, really exhausted, i can't wait to see you all there and most of all i can't wait to race.

stay tuned!

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2005.04.06, 04:50 PM
hey all,

big d's raceway will be open for practice noon this saturday. i'll be updating the site tonight or tomorrow with details and you can always check here. it's been alot of work. i've moved the track and everything else from china town to the new location. i had to do some demo to remove a wall to make space for the track. the frame work for the track is complete and i'm installing the racing surface tonight. i'm hoping to do some testing tomorrow night in preparation for this weekend. i'm really excited, really exhausted, i can't wait to see you all there and most of all i can't wait to race.

stay tuned!

Sounds Good.........

What train from Manhattan can I take to get there?

Will you be renting cars?

EMU
2005.04.08, 11:03 AM
D, can you give us some info how to get there by train? What will the hours be like on Saturday? Me and Magic may stop by if we have time...

saiyan
2005.04.08, 12:28 PM
It seems that there is a bigger mini-z racer/fan base along the East coast. Good luck on the race and with the shop.

hrehowsik
2005.04.08, 12:59 PM
hey guys,

take the m or r trains to union st and walk one block down union to third ave then left one block to president. it's the all state insurace awning at the moment.

i'll call those of you whom i have their number tonight. and yes i will be renting cars but i'm still waiting for my wholesale agreement to go through so i don't have much inventory at the moment.

big d

michvin
2005.04.08, 01:26 PM
Hey, Dennis,
Are we racing tonight? ;)

nutsfu
2005.04.08, 01:37 PM
hey guys,

take the m or r trains to union st and walk one block down union to third ave then left one block to president. it's the all state insurace awning at the moment.

i'll call those of you whom i have their number tonight. and yes i will be renting cars but i'm still waiting for my wholesale agreement to go through so i don't have much inventory at the moment.

big d

What are your hours?

hrehowsik
2005.04.08, 03:15 PM
this weekend i'll be open noon till 6:30 or so saturday and sunday. no racing this week michael but hopefully next, too much to do this week to be ready too race. please do come out and get a feel for the track, new space, etc... i'm hoping you guys can come out and take a look at my set up, test the space out make sure things make sense once there's ten people in there.

big d

michvin
2005.04.08, 03:29 PM
this weekend i'll be open noon till 6:30 or so saturday and sunday. no racing this week michael but hopefully next, too much to do this week to be ready too race. please do come out and get a feel for the track, new space, etc... i'm hoping you guys can come out and take a look at my set up, test the space out make sure things make sense once there's ten people in there.

big d
i'll do my best. Is it that tight there?
also, how big is the backyard? can it be converted to offroad track? Associated guys are using 8x20 feet track for their 1/18th...

EMU
2005.04.08, 09:22 PM
hey guys,

big d
D, How close is it to the 2 train stop at Bergen St? Could you give directions from there? Thanks :D I may try to stop by... to check the place out ;) And I miss the driving...

hrehowsik
2005.04.09, 09:05 AM
D, How close is it to the 2 train stop at Bergen St? Could you give directions from there? Thanks :D I may try to stop by... to check the place out ;) And I miss the driving...

it's about a ten minute walk from the 2 train. i believe it lets you off where bergen, flatbush and 6th ave meet. take 6 th ave south toward park slope and turn right when you hit president street. take president to third ave and i'm on third between president and carroll.

big d

michvin
2005.04.09, 08:12 PM
Hey Dennis,
I've tried to find the sshop today, and find nothing resembling it. Right, i went to 218 3rd ave, but after seeing nothing there went up to 318....
You've been there today?
M

hrehowsik
2005.04.11, 09:38 AM
Hey Dennis,
I've tried to find the sshop today, and find nothing resembling it. Right, i went to 218 3rd ave, but after seeing nothing there went up to 318....
You've been there today?
M

281 3rd ave. mike, yes i was there noon to six saturday and sunday. louie stopped by for a while on saturday. track looks great i'll post some pics tonight. i've been so busy setting up i haven't had much time to post stuff on the web. now that i'm done building the major stuff iexpect more updates. hoping to be ready to race this weekend.

stay tuned...

big d

NYCMINIZMONSTER
2005.04.11, 11:18 AM
281 3rd ave. mike, yes i was there noon to six saturday and sunday. louie stopped by for a while on saturday. track looks great i'll post some pics tonight. i've been so busy setting up i haven't had much time to post stuff on the web. now that i'm done building the major stuff iexpect more updates. hoping to be ready to race this weekend.

stay tuned...

big d

Tooo bad you missed it Michvin..... You would have enjoyed it....

The setup was great! THe store front is perfect... It's on the ground floor...

It took me about 35 - 40 minutes to get there from Midtown Manhattan. The good thing is that there are many ways to get there from Manhattan and it's much closer than what you think if you looked at the subway map...

Thanks D for the advice and tuning....

michvin
2005.04.11, 11:25 AM
hey, D,
Just an idea, post a pic of a storefront along with the track :) i won't miss it next time..

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.11, 02:49 PM
awesome...anyone up for a gtg in the near future? Are you going to keep weekday hours...as I was driving out of brooklyn this afternoon I was thinking I could have used a mid day lunch/z run :p

hrehowsik
2005.04.11, 05:25 PM
as of now hours will be friday 5:30- till saturday and sunday noon till 6:00. i'm more than happy to stay later. mike, i will post pics tonight of the shop, that's an excellent idea. i'm really sorry you came out there and couldn't find me. i'm making arrangements to have the scoring system set up in time for racing this weekend. i should know tonight.

michvin
2005.04.11, 05:28 PM
you should really consider getting a cell phone ;)
j/k, i know how much you like it :D

hrehowsik
2005.04.11, 09:44 PM
hey guys,

here are some pics of the shop. the reality letters on the awning will come down tomorrow and the phone should be installed this saturday. sorry info has been a bit scetchy. it's just that i've been so busy getting things rolling while still pulling my 9-5. you're probably right mike it may be time for a cel phone again.

big d

michvin
2005.04.11, 10:19 PM
hey guys,

here are some pics of the shop. the reality letters on the awning will come down tomorrow and the phone should be installed this saturday. sorry info has been a bit scetchy. it's just that i've been so busy getting things rolling while still pulling my 9-5. you're probably right mike it may be time for a cel phone again.

big d

Dennis, it's awesome!!!
no interference from the lights above the track?

hrehowsik
2005.04.11, 10:25 PM
Dennis, it's awesome!!!
no interference from the lights above the track?

thanks mike. it seems to be a pretty glich free space. i've yet to have any interference.

big d

michvin
2005.04.11, 10:28 PM
Can't wait for the end of the week...

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.12, 10:01 AM
teh track looks a bit faster and bigger...excellent. Oh my no wall at the end of teh straight? Michvin's cars are sighing in relief.

So Dennis are you carrying a full line of Z parts too?

So peole, when is the next NYC GTG? DC crew...time to start planning the NY/DC GTG!

michvin
2005.04.12, 10:57 AM
teh track looks a bit faster and bigger...excellent. Oh my no wall at the end of teh straight? Michvin's cars are sighing in relief.
:D it has been some time since i hitted that wall last time now.... :D

hrehowsik
2005.04.12, 12:47 PM
:D it has been some time since i hitted that wall last time now.... :D

wait till you see my wall of death mike! yes i will be carrying a full line of mini z stuff.

stay tuned!!!

big d

hksdummy
2005.04.14, 03:22 AM
Hey guys,
Im back online!!
Those who want to sign up for the PN Race this month April 23&24 at South Shore Hobby, let me know. (For more information visit www.hkshobby.com)
I can arrange for something.
Please let me know if you are interested.
If you would like to contact me, PM me or something.

I am looking foward to check out Dennis's Track this weekend.

Regards,
aL jR.

michvin
2005.04.14, 09:00 PM
So... Racing Friday?

hrehowsik
2005.04.14, 10:13 PM
i don't have the scoring system in place yet but there will be a group comming out tomorrow night to test out the track hang out etc. hope to see you there.

big d

michvin
2005.04.15, 09:04 AM
I'll be there. it's 6:30, right?

EMU
2005.04.15, 04:53 PM
Im not sure whether I am going to be able to make it tonight... Some relatives just came in from Europe today, so I think im stuck with the family for the night... if I can get a chance to break out, ill try to show up.

Are you going to be open Saturday?

hrehowsik
2005.04.22, 02:34 PM
saturday is the pn racing event in southshore which i plan to attend so next weekend. i'll be open till 9 p.m. tonight.

big d

michvin
2005.04.22, 03:12 PM
saturday is the pn racing event in southshore which i plan to attend so next weekend. i'll be open till 9 p.m. tonight.

big d
Not sure i'd be able to make it... don't wan't to work tomorrow, so there's a lot to do today. How about meeting @9 am instead of 8?
M

michvin
2005.04.29, 01:16 PM
Hey Dennis,
Are you open tonight?

EMU
2005.04.29, 01:51 PM
Hey Dennis,
Are you open tonight?
Wondering the same ;) Has the timing system been setup yet?

Lionblade
2005.04.30, 10:55 AM
I like it. I might stop by with my father in mid-May, when Ihave enough money.

And for anyone who thought about going to ARCMS in Staten Island, I highly recommend not going unless you want your car destroyed.

They've already gotten 2 of mine- one by the owner! :mad:

I'm definitely looking for a new place, so like I said, there's a good chance I'll stop by in the middle to the end of the month.

hrehowsik
2005.05.05, 06:05 PM
Hey All,

the scoring system is finally up and running. racing tomorrow night and sunday Afternoon. Shop will be open 5:30 tomorrow and 1:00 saturday and sunday. if there are enough people we will race overland also. please get back to me with any questions.

big d

michvin
2005.05.05, 09:36 PM
is it a new computer?

ruknd@aol.com
2005.05.06, 12:33 PM
anyone up for a gtg...say early june? I've got lots of stuff goign on till June (and I dont want to give up my Fri. night 1:10 racing) but June would work. I sure Dennis would set up the timing system so we could run a few races.

cam2
2005.05.06, 02:18 PM
anyone up for a gtg...say early june? I've got lots of stuff goign on till June (and I dont want to give up my Fri. night 1:10 racing) but June would work. I sure Dennis would set up the timing system so we could run a few races.

i'm down :)

hKs Nelson
2005.05.12, 10:57 PM
how is the new new york zity race

michvin
2005.05.13, 01:54 AM
we're racing tomorrow, right?

laser
2005.05.23, 08:14 PM
sounds awsome, once I get my z working maybe il see u there. I live in Queens :)

michvin
2005.05.24, 12:12 AM
welcome to the club :)

outlaw
2005.05.24, 03:22 PM
hey dennis and all you guys:

whats up?. i'm back online now. i been very busy. finally found a job. but i'm dying to get out there on the track. when's the next gtg. let me know. and dennis call me.

mich, eric, emu, and the rest 9of you guys......how ya been?

angel

laser
2005.05.24, 07:21 PM
ok this may sound like a really noob questoin but what does gtg stand for?

michvin
2005.05.24, 09:08 PM
ok this may sound like a really noob questoin but what does gtg stand for?
:) it's a mystical term - Get ToGether :)
Mystical is since we gtg each Friday night anyway, so no need to plan ahead :D

michvin
2005.05.26, 11:09 AM
Hi Dennis,
Are you going to hold races this Friday?
Best,
M

ruknd@aol.com
2005.05.26, 01:22 PM
ya...I may be up for this fri. night too...what time do you start? Still at 9?

EMU
2005.05.27, 10:39 PM
Stopped by tonight, guess you were closed for holidays :( Ill try again next Fri ;)

michvin
2005.06.03, 02:32 PM
Hey Dennis! what's up? is everything alright with you? Need any help with anything?

EMU
2005.06.03, 03:24 PM
Is there going to be racing tonight?

laser
2005.06.07, 04:03 PM
Will mini-z readysets/parts be sold here? :confused:

outlaw
2005.06.15, 02:28 PM
is the place still open?......i wanna go

michvin
2005.06.15, 04:23 PM
yeah, me too....

outlaw
2005.06.16, 03:21 PM
hey mich.....hear anything from dennis or big d's lately?...........hope everything is ok........

outlaw
2005.06.16, 03:24 PM
MICHVIN:
i sent you an e-mail here. check it and call me. if i'm not home leave a message.
angel.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.06.16, 10:26 PM
We havent done a MZR gtg in ages....I hope all is going ok.

michvin
2005.06.17, 02:14 PM
MICHVIN:
i sent you an e-mail here. check it and call me. if i'm not home leave a message.
angel.
Angel,
I've got no mail from you.... :(

cam2
2005.06.17, 02:17 PM
We havent done a MZR gtg in ages....I hope all is going ok.

just say the word and i'm there. i can't remember the last time i used my z's :( .

outlaw
2005.06.24, 03:01 PM
i e-mailed you here on the site....n e way, do you have another e-mal address?

and what's up with big d's?......is it still open?

michvin
2005.06.26, 12:48 AM
outlaw, i never got an email from u....
try private message

outlaw
2005.06.27, 03:12 PM
private messages are disabled for some reason. anyway, have you been to big d's track yet?.........i haven't heard anything from there. what's going on?

gasman1
2005.07.02, 04:38 PM
private messages are disabled for some reason. anyway, have you been to big d's track yet?.........i haven't heard anything from there. what's going on?

Angel,
when did you send my cars? Do you have a tracking number? Please call me ASAP.

I can't seem to get hold of you.

Dave

gasman1
2005.07.05, 04:16 PM
Anyone know how to get a hold of Angel. I still have not received the cars I bought from him.
Thanks