PDA

View Full Version : Some Z action on a G-scale train display

Fovea3d
2005.04.17, 03:34 PM
We had the chance to meet the owner of a G-scale train public display. Here is the resulting video :cool:
http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Z/video/050416TrainMolsheim/MolsheimerbahneleHD.avi
Save as: 95 worthy MB :D
The man was literaly stunned by the mini-z as he did not know nothing about them... not for long as he plans now to look for an overland for himself he he he.
He told us that he will adapt his display for the mini-z so our club can organize "rallye races" . Is that not crazy? :eek:

Fovea3d
2005.04.17, 11:42 PM
Here is a lighter version in .wmv ;)
http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Z/video/050416TrainMolsheim/Molsheimerbahneleextraits.WMV (9mb)

cam2
2005.04.18, 08:57 AM
cool vid! that train display looks amazing.

saiyan
2005.04.18, 01:50 PM
:eek: Hey!! :confused: I can't get my computor to view the vid. I've clicked on both links and all it does is bring up the window for a second and then drops it. Twice it actually brought up the player screen but it would just act like it was having problems connecting and would just try indefinately. :confused: I would like to see this vid and it's the first 1 i've had a problem with, except for those that are on really old threads of course as they've probably been deleted.

PlagueWulf
2005.04.18, 03:26 PM
saiyan: right click and save target as... the connection is to slow to view directly, loading it now myself -

edit: impressive terrain there, a really good video. If that guy makes a mini-z track I bet it would look just like a real race track to. :cool:

saiyan
2005.04.18, 07:39 PM
Well even with a cable modem it's telling me it will take nearly an hour. Maybe 1 sleepless night i'll check out the vid.

mini-z racing
2005.04.18, 08:35 PM
Too bad my computer wont load it, i am a BIG train fan

Fovea3d
2005.04.18, 10:43 PM
Sorry I see you have problems dl, the first file was unusually big (but HQ) and my server seem to be slow so I made wmv conversions of both files:

http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Z/video/050416TrainMolsheim/Molsheimerbahnele.WMV large version 23mb

http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Z/video/050416TrainMolsheim/Molsheimerbahneleextraits.WMV cut version 9mb

It is better to right click the URL and "save target" to your HD than wait forever for them to display in the video player. These videos are 4mn 25s and 1mn 21s long :eek:

Good luck ;)

saiyan
2005.04.19, 04:02 AM
I have to say that was worth the wait, Thanks for your work in getting it down to something i could view. That has to be an awsome layout and lots of time and work to get it there. :cool:

I think that would be an awsome rallye to see! :D And even better to race. The only choke :eek: point i saw really was the bridge/tunnel. If you brave and succesful you could gain lots of time there. If you weren't...you'de be buying another body. I wonder if he'll add some rock crawlin features since he wants to get an OL?

will3kgt
2005.04.19, 05:08 AM
Man, Kyosho needs to give you a kickback or something...If I didn't know any better I'd swear that was a mini-z commercial. I rate this video a 10 out of ten, cool music too.

saiyan
2005.04.19, 05:18 AM
I took like 5 semesters of French in high school. I don't remember hardly any of it :o , and what i do remember will only be spoken to my wife :p . But i would be willin to brush up on it if there would be any rallye races going on at that guys train depot. :D

carfreak_22
2005.04.19, 07:19 PM
CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!! The video was worth the wait and I am looking forward to a rally course. Any chances of that happening soon?

Roger
2005.04.25, 12:07 AM
That is the sweetest rally course i've ever seen !!!!!!!!!!

leonen
2005.04.27, 08:59 AM
Simply amazing.

It's a great idea to create rally tracks like that and organize miniZ races in it.... It's narrow but just makes it even more perfect, One car at a time, like the real thing.

I hope you guys can make that happen soon!.

ruf
2005.04.27, 03:59 PM
That is one of the most awesome things I have EVER seen.

Fovea3d
2005.04.28, 10:18 PM
Thanx everyone!
I hope you guys can make that happen soon!.
We are working on that :D Fact is one of the train guys over there just bought a MR01 Impreza... so The wolf is in the sheepfold now he he :cool: I let you know how it goes...

saiyan
2005.04.29, 01:56 PM
KEWL!! The bait's been set. Can't wait till you guys have some rallye racing vids. Should be exciting and i wonder how that bridge will come into play? Do you think they would leave all the other car and truck models parked during the racing? I wouldn't think they would, but you never know.

Boss302
2005.04.30, 09:20 PM
oh my god, that thing is SWEET! It looked like it was based in 1/24 scale.Did you have a car with a camera follow your Lacia around?I also saw an orange Mclaren towards the very end of the video.

So awesome. :)

Fovea3d
2005.04.30, 09:40 PM
oh my god, that thing is SWEET! It looked like it was based in 1/24 scale.Did you have a car with a camera follow your Lacia around?I also saw an orange Mclaren towards the very end of the video.

So awesome. :)

Thanks! Yes the display and trains are based on 1:24, in fact 1:22.5 for the train itself (G-scale LGB) but the mini-z just looks to be the perfect scale there. Even a Monster would be too big. We equiped the McLaren chassis (without body) with a digital IXUS i camera. Unfortunately this cam only takes 15 frames/sec so the videos are a bit jerked, also we secured the cam with elastic band on the chassis and its shaking sometimes. There were some gravels on the road too, making the driving erratic anyway this was the first time we went there so this was all impovised in reality. Next time we go there we will be prepared :cool:
Sayan: yes next time the road will be cleared of trafic, the problem with the trailers is you won't see the cars when passing them, thats the same for the bridge, you can only drive through when looking from a certain angle. The main problem is you cant see the whole course (75ft!) from one viewpoint and you have to walk along... The guys told us they will put a scaffolding or something for better sighting :p there is always a solution.
BTW the Lancia Stratos with double thickness of tires (for clearance) and its short wheelbase handles like a dream on this, much better than the McLaren wich is more on ease on a long smooth straight he he he :)

Fovea3d
2005.04.30, 09:57 PM
I wonder if people ever get a mini-z driving there? :D
http://www.trainweb.org/girr/gjrr/gjrr.html

saiyan
2005.05.01, 06:16 PM
That's only about 6 hours away for me ;) . I want to sign up for that mini-z run! That would just be too cool :cool: . I would have people stationed every where with video cameras to catch all the action. Even if i was limited to $.99 cent aaa's and a stock motor, it would still be a blast. :D

I've always been into trains sence i was kid, but mostly HO scale. G size is now my new train scale. I wanted to get some buildings to add to my track layouts and now i know what scale i'll need.

Ronin
2005.05.29, 11:27 PM
:mad: can someone fix this link, or even rehost the vids so I can see them. the links are now dead. in IE and FireFox.

saiyan
2005.06.01, 01:49 PM
Did you check the link in post 2? I have microsoft internet explorer and windows media viewer 10 and it still works for me. How ever the links in post 8 aren't working for me either. I have them downloaded, but i don't know how to 'host' them.

Mzfreak
2005.06.01, 03:22 PM
nice video1

ChattavegasSE
2005.06.05, 10:43 PM
Biggest, blackest boner ever.

saiyan
2005.07.28, 12:51 AM
Has there been any progress on setting up some Rallye races in this train layout? Does the guy have an OL yet? Maybe you should go back and make another video. :D :D

Fovea3d
2005.07.28, 07:32 AM
We are planning a rally race there around the 25 Aug. One of the train guys bought a Subaru MR01 that he already well upgraded. We see him often during our weekly MZ runs. He plans to put some fences on the layout to protect the buildings during the race, we will also build a level crossing to make the track longer. The race will be a timed round trip (200ft) for each car individually. We will be making videos during the event for sure :D

briankstan
2005.07.28, 09:51 AM
the links in post #1 and post #8 don't work. I have tried at home and at work. I keep getting a connection error.

anyone know where else I can view these?

Brian

Fovea3d
2005.07.28, 12:06 PM
the links in post #1 and post #8 don't work. I have tried at home and at work. I keep getting a connection error.

anyone know where else I can view these?

Brian

Sorry Brian the files are no longer online (too big >100Mb). I need to find another server to host them.

saiyan
2005.07.28, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to see the new vids from these events. I just got done watching some rallye footage this morning on speedchannel. :cool:

impulse
2005.08.03, 07:02 PM
woah this video is just amazing

herman
2005.08.04, 01:03 AM
hmm...

i can't seem to see any vids either... :confused:

Fovea3d
2005.08.04, 10:45 AM
hmm...

i can't seem to see any vids either... :confused:

Here is the video hosted for a limited time, save it! :D
Molsheim Train Display action (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/Molsheimerbahnele.WMV)

herman
2005.08.05, 01:22 AM
that's a really cool video!!! a bit short but cool none the less!!! thanks for
re-posting :D

any chance for the longer version?

Fovea3d
2005.08.05, 05:57 AM
that's a really cool video!!! a bit short but cool none the less!!! thanks for
re-posting :D

any chance for the longer version?
As soon as I can rehost vids on my own server (its down now :confused: ).
BTW the vid above is corrupt as it stops in the middle, for some reason it is only 11MB when you save it but the original one is 23MB ??!!!

Bandie
2005.08.05, 01:08 PM
Here is a lighter version in .wmv ;)
http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Z/video/050416TrainMolsheim/Molsheimerbahneleextraits.WMV (9mb)

@Fovea3d:
How did you compressed the vid to 9 mb ?
What tool did you use with what settings?

Fovea3d
2005.08.05, 01:17 PM
@Fovea3d:
How did you compressed the vid to 9 mb ?
What tool did you use with what settings?

I used Windows Movie Maker with the settings on 768kb/s high bandwidth compression starting from an AVI.

Were you able to DL the 9MB video recently? This means my server is up again... damn IIS server :rolleyes:

Fovea3d
2005.08.18, 11:46 AM
We fixed the date for the first mini-z rally ever :cool: . As it will require precision of piloting vs speed, this event will be a first of the kind. Roads are made of painted concrete not more than 12 in wide!!! It will be open to racers, MR01/02/015 as well as overlands as a 2nd category (no mad forces). X-mods, mini-X and all 1/24 or close will be allowed in the racers category. Each pilot will be practicing 15mn of recognition runs and settings during the morning and will perform 2 sessions of 3 timed courses + returns in the afternoon. Best time will be the winner of the speed price, best session (lowest aditional times of the best session) will be the winner of the regularity price. We hope there will be lots of videos which I will post here. All depends of the weather. If the weather does not allow it on September 3rd, it will be deferred 1 week or 2. We also await german pilots so this will be international :D Any from you in the area that time?

http://www.easy-hebergement.net/~clicbox//forum_z/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=505&hl=&

saiyan
2005.08.18, 07:59 PM
That's gonna be so awsome!! :D You guys are so very lucky. I can't wait to see the vids from this racing event.

Edit: I posted here cause i thought i didn't press the submit button. I didn't see that there were 2 posts the same. :o

arch2b
2005.08.18, 10:53 PM
wow, i can't wait to hear about the races and see video :eek: the other one was amazing :p email byebye and see if he can make it over from england....

G-Class
2005.09.02, 07:02 PM
Sweet video. That is truly awesome. :) Is the larger version longer, or is it not as choppy? Can't wait to see new footage!

akura2
2005.09.02, 09:57 PM
you could race the full track though the tunnels and all if you use and on-board camera and monitor... plus you can end up with really cool footage

there are lots on mini cameras available now with sound and all for pretty cheap prices

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.17, 01:08 AM
That looks pretty sweet! Very realistic in fact the only thing left to do is make the car drift around one of those corners! some offroad sections for an overland would be sweet too!

Fovea3d
2005.09.17, 11:38 AM
you could race the full track though the tunnels and all if you use and on-board camera and monitor... plus you can end up with really cool footage

there are lots on mini cameras available now with sound and all for pretty cheap prices

Well we go back tomorrow! I will test the onboard cam again:
Onboard cam with lcd googles (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/Zederrrsdufuturzzzzz.WMV)
What my friend Tex says (in french): "Ladies and... ladies, let me show you an exclusive worldwide preview of the Z driver of the future!" :D :D :D

Tomorrow also 4 german pilots will cross the border to run with us on the display. I think they are ready when you see their setups... :eek:
http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=101277558910&startid=1#lp

Mhhh Ibrake: drifting is almost impossible, the road is concrete with too much grip and too narrow for that.

Here some more pics and videos from the place:
http://www.easy-hebergement.net/~clicbox//forum_z/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=505&st=40&#entry4526

Fovea3d
2005.09.19, 02:29 AM
We went there yesterday for some testing short vid (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/050918Molshemerbahnele/050918Molshemerbahnele-pre-rally.WMV)
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/050918Molshemerbahnele/MB02.jpg

HammerZ
2005.09.19, 05:57 PM
That is very nice, I love the Overland trails.

saiyan
2005.09.19, 07:44 PM
That's gonna be so awsome to race on when you hold that compitition. Definately looks like you'de want to have the rear diff on the OLs locked to get through some of that gravel.

Fovea3d
2005.09.21, 03:25 AM
Another video (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/RallyeMolsheimPlatzwart.wmv) from our german friend Platzwart

In fact Platzwart is the one using the OL. It seems he did not need to lock his diff to do the best times!!!

Results (we timed 3 runs, 87 ft and return 174 ft in total for 1 run)

Avant (MR015 Mitsubishi) 47s/53s/53s
Fovea3d (MR01 Stratos) 50s/55s/47s
Platzwart (OL Land Cruiser) 44s/39s/35s:eek:

We will definitly set 2 categories, racer and overland for that rally :rolleyes:

herman
2005.09.21, 05:00 AM
darn can't seem to see the vid... :confused:

saiyan
2005.09.21, 12:18 PM
Nice vid, I bet after awhile the times will get faster as everyone gets used to running on such a tight course.

Dutch Mini Racer
2005.10.30, 03:12 AM
any race vids yet?

saiyan
2005.12.23, 12:44 AM
:cool: Anybody been able to run the course with an MA-010 AWD yet? If so how did it do? If ya got any vids of it action too that would be a bonus. ;)

Fovea3d
2005.12.23, 05:27 AM
:cool: Anybody been able to run the course with an MA-010 AWD yet? If so how did it do? If ya got any vids of it action too that would be a bonus. ;)

Hi Saiyan, not yet! Its a good thing that the rally was finally postponed to next spring because now we will have an AWD category ;) I am sure this chassis will be the king of the road. Sure, vids will be made and posted here , stay tuned! :cool:

BTW, some of the competitor car pics are on this thread:
http://www.easy-hebergement.net/~clicbox//forum_z/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=505&st=40
The orange lexan simca, the mitsu and the OL are of the german team. Lancia Stratos, some subs and Peugeot 206 to come (french team).

kincheng
2006.03.01, 11:34 PM
from what i was able to see from those last posts that course looks amazing. those lcd glasses are ridiculous! if only they got fps closer 45 or so. i am however having problems with the first posted videos. help anyone?

frant
2006.03.06, 06:01 AM
First post...

I just got my first Overland a month ago, found these forums a week ago and found this thread a few minutes ago.

This is amazing. Imagine that the guy who built that layout never thought of running cars on it.

Keep it up, Fovea3D and friends, you rock!

Fovea3d
2006.03.06, 06:17 AM
Hello Frant and welcome to the forum... and addiction LOL.
The display was built by a garden railroad club. These people have passion of detailing so they decorate the trains and scenery the same way. Since the day we made this video one of the train guys bought MR01, MR02, OL and AWD mini-z! They just did not know mini-z before we met them and they find it totally awsome seing mini cars rolling on their display. Not to mention this is also a public display and visitors are double facinated when we are there :eek: . Now with spring coming we are planning the first mini-z rally to be held this may or june.

HammerZ
2006.03.06, 10:11 AM
Now with spring coming we are planning the first mini-z rally to be held this may or june.

More videos maybe? be looking forward to them.

joshsrchobbies
2006.03.06, 05:47 PM
nice videos !!!

Josh

Fovea3d
2006.06.08, 07:21 PM
The first mini-z rally ever will be held sunday june 11 (finally!).
List of drivers: F = French, D = German, yes it is an international event :D

08/15 (D) AWD
Avant (D) AWD
Belzebuth (F) MR01/2/15
Fovea3d (F) MR01/2/15
Kafou (F) MR01/2/15
Sasha (D) AWD
Tex (F) AWD
Thierry (F) AWD
Tytoo (F) MR01/2/15
Vortex (D) MR01/2/15

Strange but no overlands engaged and so no OL category.

Here are some of the cars:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/speczetti/bit-racer/IMG_1155-small.JPG
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fabrice.gottscheck/Mes_images/MiniZ/Subaru.JPG
No, not the GT :D
http://mitglied.lycos.de/zettiavant1/bit-racer/s70/img_0646-small.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/050820Brumath/images/A15.jpg
If some of you can make it to here for sunday there is still room for 5 more drivers ;)
Lots of pics and videos will be posted here.

Fovea3d
2006.06.08, 08:50 PM
BTW for those who didnt see it, the video posted as start of this thread is hosted here (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/Molsheimerbahneleextraits.WMV) now ;)

byebye
2006.06.09, 01:54 AM
Man fov that is the sweetest outdoor track you could find!!! Is it open all the time? I wish I could make it but its too short notice for me. I want to plan at least a month out and take some leave so I have time to see Paris as well.

-Byebye

Fovea3d
2006.06.09, 08:28 AM
Too bad you can't be there for the race BB! The track is open 6/7, only saturdays the train is running and they prefer no mini-z traffic at the same time :D Whenever you are in the area drop me a PM and we can go there. Our weekly Z sessions on my track are on fridays if you plan to race there as well. If you go to Paris you need to see the Diabolik Speedway :cool:

ruf
2006.06.09, 09:52 AM
That is going to be awesome. I hope someday I can race with you guys.

R.I.M.S.
2006.06.10, 11:40 AM
Man, this thread has been here for ever, and for good reason. I just came got back into mini-z, and I was pretty happy to see this thread is still here! Anyways, keep up the good work, and keep the videos coming!

marc
2006.06.12, 11:36 AM
We fixed the date for the first mini-z rally ever :cool: . As it will require precision of piloting vs speed, this event will be a first of the kind. Roads are made of painted concrete not more than 12 in wide!!! It will be open to racers, MR01/02/015 as well as overlands as a 2nd category (no mad forces). X-mods, mini-X and all 1/24 or close will be allowed in the racers category. Each pilot will be practicing 15mn of recognition runs and settings during the morning and will perform 2 sessions of 3 timed courses + returns in the afternoon. Best time will be the winner of the speed price, best session (lowest aditional times of the best session) will be the winner of the regularity price. We hope there will be lots of videos which I will post here. All depends of the weather. If the weather does not allow it on September 3rd, it will be deferred 1 week or 2. We also await german pilots so this will be international :D Any from you in the area that time?

http://www.easy-hebergement.net/~clicbox//forum_z/index.php?act=ST&f=17&t=505&hl=&

that is just way to cool. Now that we have the AWD Mini-Z, I'd like to see a mountain road coarse set up for drifting. Initial D style! That Rally coarse is a dream come true, wish I was there. :(

Fovea3d
2006.06.13, 07:41 PM
Thats it! :) The event took place sunday june 11 2006, the first ever mini-z rally to be raced on a train display :cool: I must say that this is for us club members and fellow competitors from Germany like a dream come true. Not only the weather was excellent but the race itself was very easy to set up and schedules were held perfectly, not to mention the tranquility of the layout location (an old hospital courtyard) :rolleyes:
Watchword of the day could have been "relax" :cool:
A few cardboard barriers had to be installed to avoid stagnation in a few gravel areas along the roads, but besides that the only hardware necessary was a stop watch :) From 9am to 2pm the "road" was open for practice to drivers one after the other and for 10 minutes max each. We were 10 drivers so each one could practice 3x10 mn in the morning wich was quite sufficient to set a car up and get familiar with the course :D At 2 pm precisely the rally started. Each one had to perform 3 runs and returns, again each driver one after the other for 3 cycles so each driver achieved 9 round trips in total during the afternoon.
Two classifications (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/Molsheim2006classement.htm) were made, "speed" where the best time of the 3 runs of each session was retained and "regularity" where the average time of the 3 runs was retained.
Finally, 3 Overlands were racing that day along with 1 AWD. It seems that the OL chassis has slightly better stability than racers on this sort of track, and the promising AWD chassis did not really hold its promises. All in all, this rally was a perfect success and our mini-z club along with the garden railroad club have amazing projects in common for the years to come. Modifications will be made to have a looped course in place of the current return course. Some sort of scaffoldings will be installed so there will be a drivers stand with overal view on the display. In fact we had a stand installed this sunday but most drivers liked it better to just walk along the course to stay as close as possible to the car.
We plan more events on this display as it seems that the public likes to watch these little racers speeding up and down the hills :D
I hope this concept of a race will have a chance to be developed in several locations around the globe, because if mini-z racing on 2d surfaces can be nice, watching the suspensions of a MZ flex and rebound on a 3d terrain is just amazing :D
I am so pleased to say "The Rally will be back in 2007" :cool:

There is a slideshow (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/060611_Rallye_de_Molsheim_2006/default.htm) of 95 images

And 3 videos each around 25 mb.
It is better to watch the videos in the correct order (1/3, 2/3, 3/3). The 3 videos make for a 16'30'' show... Have some popcorns, sit back and enjoy ;)
1/3 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/060611_Rallye_de_Molsheim_HD1-3.WMV)
2/3 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/060611_Rallye_de_Molsheim_HD2-3.WMV)
3/3 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/060611_Rallye_de_Molsheim_HD3-3.WMV)
It might be better to "save links as" instead of clicking them.

color01
2006.06.14, 03:16 AM
fovea, that's just over the top... i am in love with that course. with the rally starts and everything! :)

marc- someone made a mountain course for ZZ's and bits; i would love to see a 1/28 akagi though. we've already got everything we need from kyosho right? AWD's, drift tires, an FC, FD, and 86... now to find a hospital courtyard. :D

marc
2006.06.14, 10:04 AM
fovea, that's just over the top... i am in love with that course. with the rally starts and everything! :)

marc- someone made a mountain course for ZZ's and bits; i would love to see a 1/28 akagi though. we've already got everything we need from kyosho right? AWD's, drift tires, an FC, FD, and 86... now to find a hospital courtyard. :D

Why would we need a hospital courtyard? Mental hospital? LOL! Just kidding. Actually, we'd need a hill side that we could carve out the road with. Add some sharp hair-pin turns and nice twisties. That would be a blast. I picture the streights to have grip for flat out racing, but the sharp turns and hair-pins to have a slippery surface for sliding around on. Don't forget the Skylines and Evo's! I've got an AWD Mini-Z with the Initial D FC3S on it, it just needs a new motor and it should be good to go. Would like to find some TopCad alloy BBS wheels for it. OH and for added atmosphere, a soundtrack to Initial D blasting through a stereo system while we race the mountains!

marc
2006.06.14, 10:09 AM
A reply to Fovea's comment about the AWD not holding up it's promisses. It probably was not designed for the bumpy road conditions that the Rally coarse had. It looked like it was more suitable for the Overlands and not for the cars. I think the AWD will do better on a scaled down model of Akagi with a smooth road surface and slippery sharp turns and hair-pins as stated above.
Perhaps if the AWD's suspension could have been lifted like on Rally cars, maybe then it would've been better if it had more suspension travel. Thats just my thought. Anyone else?

dean
2006.06.14, 10:07 PM
Also ..try stretching a second tire over the first for bigger diameter tires .. maybe it will absorb bumps batter.

Great track :p

Fovea3d
2006.06.14, 11:48 PM
Also ..try stretching a second tire over the first for bigger diameter tires .. maybe it will absorb bumps batter.

Great track :p

This is what most of the pilots did actually not to absorb bumps but for better ground clearance. On the Stratos I used thick Cobra "classic" tires on regular rims at the back and soft tires from a 1/24 Tamiya kit in front. Suspension was set as soft as possible with the narrowest H bar I could find. I also dremeled the knucles a few mm to give more travel to the front suspension. In addition I installed a second triangle shaped absorber (with the triangle shaped off) under the H, chassis side, to raise the car a few more mm.
Yes Marc your remark is right about the limitations of the suspensions on the AWD. On the other hand, Overlands where prone to rollovers on that course, particulary at high speed. Overlands are a separated category on that rally anyway, their behaviour is completely different. They have better control and stability, but only at low speed. To go fast, a racer is needed :D
I think good balance has to be found with enough ground clearance, good susp. travel and a car not too tall. But this is also what makes that rally interesting ;)

Its also great to be able to do this (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/050820Brumath/Rallye%20206%20vs%20Stratos%20Brumath.WMV) with a MR01 :D

CUSTOM
2006.06.17, 05:12 PM
the server isn't responding so i can't download it. :confused: is it being modified right now or somthing? can you host it somewhere else?

Fovea3d
2006.06.17, 05:18 PM
the server isn't responding so i can't download it. :confused: is it being modified right now or somthing? can you host it somewhere else?
I tried 1 minute ago and it worked. Remember to save all 3 file on your HD, playing the link directly in your mediaplayer can cause errors. Also keep in mind this is not a pro server and is limited to 3 users max. But try again, its worth it :D

CUSTOM
2006.06.17, 05:24 PM
then there are 3 users 24/7.

saiyan
2006.08.05, 03:45 PM
So have there been any rescent racing on this lay out? Does the guy that owns this G scale have an OL yet?

Fovea3d
2006.08.05, 04:11 PM
So have there been any rescent racing on this lay out? Does the guy that owns this G scale have an OL yet?
There will be another race together with our mini-z neighbours from Germany somewhere around end of September. This time we will probably have a HD videocam for better quality vids. There is no owner there, it is a G-scale train club and they are around 10 members to work on this layout, and yes, one of them got the mini-z virus, he bought an OL, AWD, MR01-02....
Where you able to view the videos Saiyan?

saiyan
2006.08.05, 04:44 PM
I tried back when you originally posted the rescent ones and could not get them to run like the others, but i will try again later when i have more time . I have to out apartment hunting. :rolleyes:

Digisane
2006.08.10, 08:25 AM
Awesome track!! I've always dreamt of building on like this.

Digisane
2006.08.10, 08:26 AM
Awesome track!! I've always dreamt of building on like this.
I meant building a track like this..

akura2
2009.07.12, 05:00 AM
I know this is pretty crazy to bump a thread this old... but is there still anything going on at the track?

thanks

Fovea3d
2009.07.13, 05:39 AM
I know this is pretty crazy to bump a thread this old... but is there still anything going on at the track?

thanks
Hi akura! No, its not crazy. The layout is still there owned by a club operating G-scale trains but there is no interest from the mini-z drivers for racing there even though they are invited to do so. It seems that what was done once (rally) was OK but not worth enough to replicate. Shame...