PDA

View Full Version : Nismo847's Initial D Mini Zs

Nismo847
2005.04.19, 11:45 PM
I'm a big fan of Initial D. Tak's Trueno is the first Mini-z I bought and is the reason why I am now a MINI-Z Junky!!! Here are some of my Initial D bodies I own. I did change some of the bodies to look more like the ID anime. for example. KT FD didn't have a front plate so I made one also his rims were Black in Stage 3 and 4. Ry's FC in Stage 4 had White 5 star rims. Zack's GTR is from a white R32 body I got from the store here and add the McLaren Rims.

Projects in the Works
Team Emperor Evos: Kyle and Hawks (I'm Gutting an EVO III model to fit on a mini-z EVO VI body
Bunta's STI Subaru
Kylte's Black RX-7 Type R [FD3S]

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 12:01 AM
In the Initial D Manga and Anime that are unknown team members of the Redsuns that are mentioned. So I made one of those "unknown" 2nd stringer of the team.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2005.04.20, 12:10 AM
cool....very very cool!

HammerZ
2005.04.20, 01:14 AM
Someone else done a Nagazato R32 like mine. Look's like yours has the badges on it as well.

saiyan
2005.04.20, 03:12 AM
That's a very nice collection. :cool: Great job and i would like to see a pic of the final collection when you have all the cars. Any chance of any video of some slideways action?

arch2b
2005.04.20, 05:37 AM
i absolutely love your collection! i like that your branching out as well. i already have all the officail cars as well.

i painted an r34 to look like zak's but nothign as nice as your r32.

some other cars to think about.... bunta's wrx, the red mr-s, the other turbo trueno, the emperor's lan evo team, etc. etc.

cam2
2005.04.20, 06:02 AM
they look great! a little off topic but how did you get a hold of stage 3 and 4 if they're not on dvd yet?

El Tigre
2005.04.20, 08:25 AM
I'm a big fan of Initial D. Tak's Trueno is the first Mini-z I bought and is the reason why I am now a MINI-Z Junky!!! Here are some of my Initial D bodies I own. I did change some of the bodies to look more like the ID anime. for example. KT FD didn't have a front plate so I made one also his rims were Black in Stage 3 and 4. Ry's FC in Stage 4 had White 5 star rims. Zack's GTR is from a white R32 body I got from the store here and add the McLaren Rims.

Projects in the Works
Team Emperor Evos: Kyle and Hawks (I'm Gutting an EVO III model to fit on a mini-z EVO VI body
Bunta's STI Subaru
Kylte's Black RX-7 Type R [FD3S]
How about a better picture of the R32, what I could see it looks great, nice work.

arch2b
2005.04.20, 08:38 AM
they look great! a little off topic but how did you get a hold of stage 3 and 4 if they're not on dvd yet?
downloads ;) i didn't get them, they were forwarded to me. i will not take part in kaza, torrent or any site like that. the potential for trouble is not worth the risk.

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 09:30 AM

There is a Japanese Mall by my house that sells the Japanese Versions on DVD's. Japan is on Stage 4 ep.14. I got them there. The TokyoPoP's ID are Way behind in the stages. You can download them with Bit-Torrent but Arch2b is right, not worth the risk.

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 09:33 AM
How about a better picture of the R32, what I could see it looks great, nice work.

Thanks. I'll Post more pics when I get home from work.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.20, 10:55 AM
Awesome...I am totally addicted to that series and have all the T Pop ones on DVD. I cant wait to see the WRX....

cam...if you didn't notice, allan was playing them during the last gtg ;) . Did you get your FD yet? We may need a tuner gtg...I needed a new car and my deposit money landed on a bit of a rocket. I should be pickign it up from teh dealer a week from Saturday ;) sooner if I can get it all worked out.

arch2b
2005.04.20, 12:52 PM
i just bought and watched vol. 10 last night! i've already seen up to ep. 5 of stage 4 but i like watching ti with english dialogue as well.

is the opening credit music available anywhere? i have the movie soundtrack and it wasn't on that.

there are a bunch of interesting cars featured in stage 4. i happen to like the ek-9 ;)

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 01:42 PM
i just bought and watched vol. 10 last night! i've already seen up to ep. 5 of stage 4 but i like watching ti with english dialogue as well.

is the opening credit music available anywhere? i have the movie soundtrack and it wasn't on that.

there are a bunch of interesting cars featured in stage 4. i happen to like the ek-9 ;)

I do Like the English verson better also. the guy who does the English Dub for Tak fits the character better then the Japanese voice, it's to deep. You have to see ep.6of 4th Stage!!! I think by far was the Best Race yet.

The open song is called Dogfight by Move. It's from there album BOULDER. There is a new Initial D Music Collection that just came out called "Initial D BEST SONG COLLECTION 1998-2004" it's on there.

http://avexmode.jp/animation/initial/initial.html

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.20, 01:47 PM
I like the english theme song too.....

arch2b
2005.04.20, 02:13 PM
I do Like the English verson better also. the guy who does the English Dub for Tak fits the character better then the Japanese voice, it's to deep. You have to see ep.6of 4th Stage!!! I think by far was the Best Race yet.

The open song is called Dogfight by Move. It's from there album BOULDER. There is a new Initial D Music Collection that just came out called "Initial D BEST SONG COLLECTION 1998-2004" it's on there.

http://avexmode.jp/animation/initial/initial.html
disc 2 track 11 to be exact. damn, it's expensive. i'll have to wait and pick it up cheap on ebay or something

HammerZ
2005.04.20, 03:48 PM

I have that track(Dogfight) on MP3, I love it. The theme songs for the english version. I've seen the trailers and the music is mixed better on those than the show. I have tried my DVD's on different players with the same results.

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 04:07 PM
I have that track(Dogfight) on MP3, I love it. The theme songs for the english version. I've seen the trailers and the music is mixed better on those than the show. I have tried my DVD's on different players with the same results.

Yeah!!! the girl singer is Hot Looking. The song is awesone. who would of thought that rapping in Japanese would sound pretty good. they pull it off well.

I have some cheap DVD player call Shinco but its NTSC free. it can play anything.
I heard the Apex DVD are also NTSC free. you can get them at Circuit City.

arch2b
2005.04.20, 04:13 PM
how did you manage to get it via mp3? rip from the dvd? can that be done?

HammerZ
2005.04.20, 04:45 PM
I D/L'ed it someplace. but it could be ripped from a CD. I don't have the software to get it from a DVD. The funny thing is I don't remember where I D/L'ed it from.

I also have the lyric's, it is in Japanese. I wish I had the English translation in these.

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 05:13 PM
how did you manage to get it via mp3? rip from the dvd? can that be done?

arch,
I found a site that has the full and the TV verson of Dogfight.
http://www.geocities.com/go2idmp3/MP3.html

cam2
2005.04.20, 06:20 PM
cam...if you didn't notice, allan was playing them during the last gtg ;) . Did you get your FD yet? We may need a tuner gtg...I needed a new car and my deposit money landed on a bit of a rocket. I should be pickign it up from teh dealer a week from Saturday ;) sooner if I can get it all worked out.

no rx7 yet :( they're hard to find and even harder to find unmolested and without some retarded body kit on them. i'm taking my time shopping for one.

i guess you picked up an s4? where did you get it? i used to work for Legend Audi/Porsche in amityville. occasionally i'd get a chance to take an s4 for a ride. i hope you got the 6-speed.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.20, 08:52 PM
no rx7 yet :( they're hard to find and even harder to find unmolested and without some retarded body kit on them. i'm taking my time shopping for one.

i guess you picked up an s4? where did you get it? i used to work for Legend Audi/Porsche in amityville. occasionally i'd get a chance to take an s4 for a ride. i hope you got the 6-speed.
Good guess! 2004 5k miles from Bernardsville Audi. I was getting sick of not having a warranty anymore and 8 miles per gallon plus the dwindling offroad jaunts made me think about looking into a real car...I always loved the S4 and loved it even more when they threw a 345hp V8 in it.

Yes it is the 6SM...I think convertible and automatic are a crime for an S4...ok for the average 4 ;) . Being a former Audi/Porsche/VW dealer employee...any opinion?

The FDs have always been another fav of mine but yes they are oftened tuned higher than a fiddle (too much Dukes of Hazzard) and once you blow one thing on a rotary it all blows like a stack of dominoes. An ok yes...no need for the gheto kits either.

Nismo847
2005.04.20, 09:55 PM
GTR with Lights

saiyan
2005.04.21, 01:22 AM
nismo847, that looks good. Are those the stock mini-z kit lights? They look really brite. I got a bunch of light kits for my cars and some additional 5mm super leds for runninglights and KC lights.

cam2
2005.04.21, 03:56 PM
...I always loved the S4 and loved it even more when they threw a 345hp V8 in it.

Yes it is the 6SM...I think convertible and automatic are a crime for an S4...ok for the average 4 ;) . Being a former Audi/Porsche/VW dealer employee...any opinion?

careful where you leave it! i know 2 people who have had their s4's stolen. and if they can't get in the car they will steal your xenon headlights. it sounds silly but it's true.
my bro in law bought an 05 with the insurance money from the theft. he got the automatic and tries to justify the tiptronic is the same as a manual trans :rolleyes: then i begin to point and laugh at him :) the new s4 is much faster than the previous generation but the auto just kills me.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.21, 05:18 PM
careful where you leave it! i know 2 people who have had their s4's stolen. and if they can't get in the car they will steal your xenon headlights. it sounds silly but it's true.
my bro in law bought an 05 with the insurance money from the theft. he got the automatic and tries to justify the tiptronic is the same as a manual trans :rolleyes: then i begin to point and laugh at him :) the new s4 is much faster than the previous generation but the auto just kills me.
No, they make the new one in 6 speed too but they're jsut coming into the states. The 2004-2005's ahve the same power as teh new ones too...its the pre 2004 that have the twin turbo get up. What year was your bro inlaws? I know that pre 2004 the lockign mechanism was easy to disable and WIDELY stolen. Heard they solved teh problem...hoping its true...also hoping the avant is a bit of a theft deterrent :p .

S4 triptronic is ok...for some :rolleyes: not sure it would make my blood rush...but take away the clutch and shifter then I guess its the same :p . Ill spare the analogy to a different gender's car :D .

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.21, 05:26 PM
No, they make the new one in 6 speed too but they're jsut coming into the states. The 2004-2005's ahve the same power as teh new ones too...its the pre 2004 that have the twin turbo get up. What year was your bro inlaws? I know that pre 2004 the lockign mechanism was easy to disable and WIDELY stolen. Heard they solved teh problem...hoping its true...also hoping the avant is a bit of a theft deterrent :p .

S4 triptronic is ok...for some :rolleyes: not sure it would make my blood rush...but take away the clutch and shifter then I guess its the same :p . Ill spare the analogy to a different gender's car :D .

Nismo847
2005.04.21, 10:42 PM
nismo847, that looks good. Are those the stock mini-z kit lights? They look really brite. I got a bunch of light kits for my cars and some additional 5mm super leds for runninglights and KC lights.

I think it might be my dig-cam why they look really brite. there not stock mini-z kit lights. they are crap LEDs from radioshack but they do the job. :D

Ken Mifune
2005.04.22, 02:21 AM
Nismo847, Very nice Intial D set. Where's your local hobbyshop? Any racing there?

(kinda on topic) Arch, How's the CRT? Any plans to go Initial D in that scale?
http://www.upgrademotoring.com/models/aoshima/intialDmodels.htm

arch2b
2005.04.22, 05:31 AM
i've considered it but i just can't find those kits for a cheap enough price.

the crt is on track....just got sidelined by the new m18 and gtg racing. i hope to work on it this weekend and get it running around atleast.

saiyan
2005.04.22, 08:24 AM
As long as they light the way in the dark, theye're doin their job ;) . Lookin over your I.D. collection makes me want to get 1 goin of my own. :cool: To be honest i have only gotten to see 1 episode at a friends house, it was pretty good. I guess it's time i went out and start collecting the vids too. I've read some of the manga of I.D. and liked it. I'll have to keep an eye out for the I.D. bodies.

arch2b
2005.04.22, 09:02 AM
keep an eye on the shop or email the shop as they should have or be getting tehm all again as they were re-released for the mr-015

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.22, 01:25 PM
I got the first episode months ago...watched it that night couldn't stop at teh cliff hanger...I ended up getting 2-5 that night....its a great story

arch2b
2005.04.22, 01:36 PM
I got the first episode months ago...watched it that night couldn't stop at teh cliff hanger...I ended up getting 2-5 that night....its a great story
that is one of the hooks in the series that keeps you coming back :p they always end a show in the middle of something that way you have to keep watching to find out what heppens.

Nismo847
2005.04.24, 12:01 AM
Some of you might of seen this before, but those who haven't check it out I thought it was Awesome. you will see a bunch of Drifting video clips. there is even one of Tak's 86 drifting pass a EVO.
http://mini-z-ae86.web.infoseek.co.jp/douga.htm

wkn
2005.04.27, 09:06 PM
man your cars are sweet i cant wate till i get my ae86 body initial d style.

arch2b
2005.04.28, 08:03 PM
here are some pictures of some other id cars you might not be aware of

Nismo847
2005.04.28, 09:58 PM
here are some pictures of some other id cars you might not be aware of

Thanks arch2b, Great Pics!! once I finish Sudo of Emperor Black Evo, Kai Kyoko's Black FD3S RX-7 this my Next Project D car. I can use a autoscale FD body but I am going to have to customize the hood and the front end.

Nismo847
2005.05.01, 02:18 PM
I just finished my Emperor Black Lan EVO.

saiyan
2005.05.01, 04:37 PM
Shhwweeet! The evo looks good in black. :cool:

HammerZ
2005.05.01, 05:29 PM
That is a killer collection you are building there.

Nismo847
2005.05.01, 11:19 PM
That is a killer collection you are building there.

Thanks HammerZ. I'm also stating on Hawk's Monstar EVO. I've just finished making the decals in Adobe Illustrator. I haven't painted body yet but I did Print out the Decals to size them to the body. I'm also going to make the cut teams decals on the wing.

williams F1#3
2005.05.10, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know how far the series goes in its book form? i think i have up to like 11. Ijust started reading them again about a week ago after a couple of months gathering dust under my bed. Anyone know where i can get more?
P.S. if u want a sileighty in GT4, beat silvia sisiters. its a real easy race, specialy with my 450 hp s14 :cool: (Does a 56 at tuskuba)

Nismo847
2005.05.11, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know how far the series goes in its book form? i think i have up to like 11. Ijust started reading them again about a week ago after a couple of months gathering dust under my bed. Anyone know where i can get more?
P.S. if u want a sileighty in GT4, beat silvia sisiters. its a real easy race, specialy with my 450 hp s14 :cool: (Does a 56 at tuskuba)

hey williams F1#3,
The books are awesome!!! The Tokoyo Pop Initial D Books go up to 17. The Japanese Series are at 30
DiscountAnimeDVD has them for 7.49 and shipping is cheap also. here's the link
http://discountanimedvd.com/product_list_category_book.asp?cate=1

williams F1#3
2005.05.11, 02:58 PM
hey williams F1#3,
The books are awesome!!! The Tokoyo Pop Initial D Books go up to 17. The Japanese Series are at 30
DiscountAnimeDVD has them for 7.49 and shipping is cheap also. here's the link
http://discountanimedvd.com/product_list_category_book.asp?cate=1
great thanks im not so far behind after all :D

arch2b
2005.05.11, 03:02 PM
the books make great reading for the train :D too bad i only have 1-3. even at about $7-8 per book they are still to expensive for me. i'm lucky to get the money for the video's.

btw, i bought 1-3 from rs for $5 i think it was. i wonder if they ever had other issues/bundles?

williams F1#3
2005.05.11, 03:12 PM
the books make great reading for the train :D too bad i only have 1-3. even at about $7-8 per book they are still to expensive for me. i'm lucky to get the money for the video's.

btw, i bought 1-3 from rs for $5 i think it was. i wonder if they ever had other issues/bundles?
i started my collection with the rs set. They came out about the same time the id zipzaps came out. i would not be suprised if those two events are related ;)
$10 is a bit steep for a book i finish in 1 night!

arch2b
2005.05.11, 03:31 PM
i've even saved a search for ebay but never see them for reasonable prices :( you do see alot of the rs bundle listed for twice or triple what rs is selling them for.

if i could find a series fo them for cheap, i would gladly pick more up.

anyone interested in loaners? i've already lent my 1-3 to chuckyluv. i'd like to read any others.....

HammerZ
2005.05.11, 05:13 PM
Is there any difference in the RS bundle or the Tokyopop book's? Tokyopop has put those out longer than the videos. I think I've seen them listed up to issue #19 or so.

williams F1#3
2005.05.11, 06:13 PM
Is there any difference in the RS bundle or the Tokyopop book's? Tokyopop has put those out longer than the videos. I think I've seen them listed up to issue #19 or so.
The only difference is that the rs bundle IS the tokyopop set :p
the set came with volumes's 1-3.

HammerZ
2005.05.12, 04:43 AM
:( you do see alot of the rs bundle listed for twice or triple what rs is selling them for.

I was just asking if it had a RS logo on them someplace.

The only difference is that the rs bundle IS the tokyopop set :p
the set came with volumes's 1-3.

On ebay it seems that RS stuff is a gold mine.

Nismo847
2005.05.12, 11:31 AM
The anime is great for visuals of the races that the books can't capture, but the Manga books have way more plots of all the characters the anime leaves out. It even explains the technical information about the cars during each race that the anime lightly explains. It's good to experience book Anime and Manga.

arch2b
2005.05.15, 08:22 AM
oh, i forgot another possible car..... the white altezza. that should be much easier to make as they already produced a white altezza i believe? it's run by a group from stage 4 episodes

williams F1#3
2005.05.16, 03:03 PM
LOL just saw a silver eight six on the way home from school. preety crapy.

warfile
2005.05.16, 06:35 PM
I'm waiting for my initial D bodies to arrive(3) and i was curious about the this anime that after i read this thread i bought the 1 stage box dvd on ebay!
I'm sorry that the dvd doesn't have subtitles in portuguese! :(

Boss302
2005.05.20, 03:18 PM
HammerZ, The RS bundle doesen't have "Radio Shack" printed anywere,I also have the RS bundle and the 7th one. :cool: Im gonna try Lime wire and see if I can download a movie.

MuHahaha! Im downloading #4 right now.

Is limewire illegal? :confused:

arch2b
2005.05.20, 07:26 PM
anytime you download copywrited material you run the risk of it either being illegal or getting tracked/caught doing it illegally. i personally do not visit/participate with or in any public download sites, other than something like driverguide.com which can come in handy if your maintaining old pc's.

Nismo847
2005.05.22, 10:26 PM
HammerZ, The RS bundle doesen't have "Radio Shack" printed anywere,I also have the RS bundle and the 7th one. :cool: Im gonna try Lime wire and see if I can download a movie.

MuHahaha! Im downloading #4 right now.

Is limewire illegal? :confused:

Boss302, you can Download ID Stage 4 from www.animesuki.com, their torrent files. heres the link

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/402.html