PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with lapz system?

machine
2005.04.20, 02:48 PM
I've got my finger on the buy button (metaphorically) but before i do buy the system I was hoping that someone would have some experience with this lap counting system.

IR transponders
Bridge
software

Like to here the good and bad.

Thanks

ruknd@aol.com
2005.04.20, 02:56 PM
i would wait for core...seems to be the best for the Z scale

machine
2005.04.20, 03:03 PM
I don't know, the lapz system is used by Kyosho over in europe all the time. And the core on looks good so far but it's about $500 more than the lapz. I've been wary of untested systems, I'll watch their progress and maybe later down the line it would be better but I need a system now as our Z class season has 4 stores looking to host races around our area.

arch2b
2005.04.20, 03:04 PM
there was a big much to do about the lapz then it just died off..... apparenly it's used alot in scandinavia but very little to be said about it elsewhere :(

machine
2005.04.20, 03:59 PM
the guys supplying me are out of denmark and shipping will be 2 weeks for a 100cm bridge with 10 transponders. I remember seing someone on the forums post a picture of his RCP track wit the Lapz bridge, time to do some looking... :rolleyes:

Z-as in Zorglup
2005.04.20, 04:42 PM
Heyy !!
I have lap-z system ! I think it's cool ! And yes ! Alot of mini-z'ers here in scandinavia use it !! ;)

machine
2005.04.20, 04:46 PM
Wicked can you tell me what it's like to transport and use? And how is the software interface will it hold up to a few years of racing?

:D

arch2b
2005.04.20, 05:18 PM
please do elaborate on teh lapz. include pictures/ screen captures if possible.

there was alot of buzz about it in the begining and then it disappeared.

machine
2005.04.20, 05:42 PM
I've just waiting for a shipping quote to come back but so far a system with 10 transponders, RX bridge, and software is 3.500sek which is about 620cdn which is about 500usd. Small box so i'm hoping shipping will be under $100 for 2 weeks.

I'll be happy to post pictures and a brief review on the setup when I get it up and running. :D

arch2b
2005.04.20, 07:31 PM
I've just waiting for a shipping quote to come back but so far a system with 10 transponders, RX bridge, and software is 3.500sek which is about 620cdn which is about 500usd. Small box so i'm hoping shipping will be under $100 for 2 weeks.

I'll be happy to post pictures and a brief review on the setup when I get it up and running. :D
brief... we need full and indepth :p so far no one else has been willing

machine
2005.05.02, 06:33 PM
well you can forget the review, the final quote on a system is a tad higher than originally thought, but I'd be waiting 2 to 4 months for a system to be built. :( by that time a Core system will be out (hoping) or a local guy will have made his transponders small enough to work with 1/28.

edrumcat
2005.06.17, 06:25 PM
Hi! This is my first post ! :)

The LapZ system itīs the more used counter lap in Spain&Catalonia Championships circuits. But the software system from Kyosho itīs really bad .
There are many bugs in this software and the clubs are ever waiting for new patches & updates. :rolleyes:

LapZ needs to have best software race.

Itīs the general opinion of the Catalonia pilots...

Bye