PDA

View Full Version : Thread Editing...???

geoffrey109
2005.04.23, 07:57 PM
Why can't I edit my posts now? I remember being able to delete, edit, or whatever I needed to do to my posts, now it's not available. Please reinstate it. I need to axe some of my stupid thoughts.....

G109

geoffrey109
2005.04.29, 08:51 PM
Well I guess you can edit your threads. The moment you make them. You however cannot come back to editing after it's been posted for a period of time. I'm not still quite sure about why this is......??? I generally purpose that one should be able to edit his threads anytime not when a time limit runs out...like this thread.......I wish I could edit........or delete.

Please actavate the editing feature of this forum.

Thanks!!!

geoffrey109
2005.05.26, 07:53 PM
Again, caught up in the Thirty Minute Time Rule........it's just crazy....we should be able to have at least 30 days.........not 30 minutes.....to edit our threads.......how hard could it be to change this demanding rule?

Come on..........we need more time to add, change, our opinions's on some of our thoughts, thirty minutes........is a beer......give us a break to allow us to change our thoughts...it takes a woman thirty minutes to comb her hair.......we NEED MORE TIME!!! We are men, and more importantly more time to have a opportinuty to change our posts......thirty minutes.........give me a break man........nothing can be done in thirty minutes........

For the Love of Pete.........change that rule..I beg you....that is not enough time...

I love this site.......and the forums........but if this resistriction continues........I will leave. I need more time to edit my posts from time to time, and if you dont' give me that time I need, I will leave. I feel I contribute to this forum with helpful information on setups and racing Mini-Z's, you must see this........your 30 minute rule sucks.......It's not always excactly the way I might think it is.......so I need to be able to change that thought.........or opinion........I may have posted......I've not been on a forum that had such a restriction like this.....to change your thoughts......at will.........If you are going to continue to make me not be able to change........then I have no other choice.....but to leave........these comments behind.........

In exactly 10 seconds, I will not be able to edit my thread.........not ten days....

I may change my mind........I'm not a woman......so I doubt it........but not in thirty minutes....mind you.......maybe in a couple days.....given the chance.
GR/C

Mondo
2005.05.30, 10:30 AM
There is a "preview" button to give you the option (not luxury) of actually previewing what you typed before submitting the Post.
Most Members just add a new Post the the Tread if they have something else to say or a change of opinion.
Understand that this site has thousands of Members and only a few Mods.
These rules are put in place for a reason.

geoffrey109
2005.05.30, 04:32 PM
These rules are put in place for a reason.

Could you simply explain what those reasons are? Every other forum I'm a member at allows us to edit our thoughts.....anytime without restrictions on time...

If I post a poll and the majority of the members here vote that you change the rule will you?

GR/C