PDA

View Full Version : Shop update, and a question

MeanRex7
2002.03.05, 06:00 AM
Nothing against it, but it's not exactly user friendly, loading a popup w/ not much info and usually not a picture isn't fun
Maybe some guys would be kind enough to write some descriptions of the parts (or a couple of them) like a paragraph or two. And you could add a picture of packaging.
Yes it would be a major site update, but truthfully, you shop isn't very user friendly, but it is nice and has plenty of parts ;) And I haven't seen a whisper of bad product or service about you, congrats

And also, do you carry ready to go Mini-Z's? I'm looking for the Initial D RX-7, or any FC (2nd gen RX-7's frame code, actually its FC3S)

Sorry if you thought I was a little harsh, but this is my true opinion. I try not to polish things up

My e-mail is same one used for signup

Thanks,
Ben Martin

jandirks
2002.03.05, 07:18 AM
I agree... espacially for beginners in R/C like me more specified info is welcome!

mini-z
2002.03.06, 12:04 AM
I think there are pictures and descritions for most of the parts, however it can take some time to update the newest parts we get in - we list them as soon as they are inventoried so that people can get their hands on them ASAP - and sometimes don't get a chance to add the details right away (esp. on items that have been discussed heavily in the Forums). We are in fact working on a complete overhaul. When that page was design, ne thrown together, we had no idea there might one day be this many products. So we're working on it, and thanks for the feedback!

Draconious
2002.03.06, 12:53 AM
well small tip that I just thought of... some users have the pop up ability totalydisabled in their browser, to prevent ads from popping up, thus any time the pop up window commands etc are used, it just dont do anything... so there might be a LOT of ppl who are not getting the pop ups and thinking its a broken link... broken link usualy means shop else were to some people...

ded
2002.03.09, 10:01 PM
I definately agree on a revamp of the shop.

Long list type shops kind of make my head spin.

Maybe instead of having the product categories take you further down the page, it could take you to a new page, with only that kind i.e "alloy parts"

Also, for the newbie like me... pictures always help. They do take up bandwidth and time and energy and all of that... but everyone like to look at what they are going to buy. (everyone meaning me) ;)

Maybe you could also make more specialized product pages... the more newbie friendly the better IMO. i.e. a have turbos on one page and motors on another... with a description of what that part basically does. "turbos do this, install in x minutes and can increase top speed by as much as x%"

Those are just ideas :D

mini-z
2002.03.10, 06:16 PM
Maybe instead of having the product categories take you further down the page, it could take you to a new page, with only that kind i.e "alloy parts"

ded, that's exactly how it will work ;) I love the idea of the beginner's guide too.

ded
2002.03.10, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by mini-z

ded, that's exactly how it will work ;) I love the idea of the beginner's guide too.

Now all I have to do is get my paypal account working... so i can hurry up and be broke again!

:D :D

PorscheGuy964
2002.03.28, 11:47 PM
Now that Mini-zracer.com is becoming bigger you definatly need to upgrade the shop definatly with more info and pictures....will make it easier for poeple to navigate instead of just a long page....

Nap
2002.03.31, 03:34 AM
It would be good if it was easy to see if the parts where for looks or for performance.

I would also like to see in the descriptions for parts the likely effects of installing ie performance boosts.

Other wise the shop is great:), It is great to get such an extensive list of parts availible

mini-z
2002.03.31, 10:43 AM
Cool, keep the feedback coming and we'll work on incorporating it into the site!