PDA

View Full Version : Hey kids...

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.09, 04:32 PM
Sorry I haven't been online nor at the races. Full time managin' in El Daltano takes up a lot of my time. I've also moved to an apartment in East Ridge; with no internet or cable (yet). So today is the first day I had time to come to the folks' house and hop on the intronet. The best thing about this apartment complex is I'm the youngest person to ever sign a lease there. :D Nothin but friggin old folks every where! They all go to bed at 8 and make no noise at all! Best part is my apartment doesn't have that old people smell; they left the doors and windows open for a few days before I moved in to get that smell out. And guess what else?!? I have a tennis court. :D

I'll be at the races this Thursday 5-13 :D :D :D :D . I don't have any new toys though. :( Just the same old CLK AMG DTM with Hei Pao Positrak. ;)

Wait a minute!!! I DO have some new toys!! Week before last, I got rear-ended by a Freight Liner on the freeway. I gots me a brand new rear bumper and a freshly repainted trunk lid. I'm especially happy they repainted the entire trunk lid because there were some spots in the paint I couldn't get out for nothin.

Anyway, if anyone has a gigantic microwave you'd like to donate, or any frozen foods, bring it Thursday so I'll stop living on Taco Bell. Mmmmmm 1/2lb burritos mmmmm.

pHREDD
2005.05.09, 04:40 PM
We were wondering what happened to ya! Looking foward to having you back. We may have to come up and check out your tennis courts. Is it lighted? Not much has changed at the track I have a few new bodys, (like thats anything new) Allan has a couple "new to him" ready sets and Lamar and David have a few new bodies as well.

C-YA on Thursday!!

ruknd@aol.com
2005.05.09, 04:43 PM
Best part is my apartment doesn't have that old people smell; they left the doors and windows open for a few days before I moved in to get that smell out. And guess what else?!? I have a tennis court. :D
would someone please bring him some moth balls and a bowl of stuck together hard candy...preferably that ribbon crap?

Ninja
2005.05.10, 12:00 AM
lmao, you are sooooo right :D

Shaun
2005.05.10, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, I actually have this Thursday off! How early could I get to the rec center and be able to practice? It's been a while.
What track configurations have you all been running?

Look forward to seeing you guys.

Later

pHREDD
2005.05.10, 08:05 PM
we usually change the track each week. There is no telling what it will be this week. I think Lamar has Thursday off so he may get there a little early. Im sure he will post. Its good hearing from you Shaun. Looking foward to racing with ya

Shaun
2005.05.10, 08:38 PM
Yeah it's been a long time. I've moved into a new place. On 7 acres, very quiet, I love it. I'll probably be building an off-road track for my RC18T later on.

Can I get into the room at the rec center at 1PM? I really want to get as much time on the track as possible. :)

Where is the new room you guys moved into? Is it bigger?

pHREDD
2005.05.10, 08:46 PM
Yeah it's been a long time. I've moved into a new place. On 7 acres, very quiet, I love it. I'll probably be building an off-road track for my RC18T later on.

Can I get into the room at the rec center at 1PM? I really want to get as much time on the track as possible. :)

Where is the new room you guys moved into? Is it bigger?

The new room is a little bigger...and located on the other end of the hall. We keep it locked up and only a hand full of us have the keys....Im not sure if the guy at the center has a key or not. Im sure Lamar will get there early. He has a new job now and is working the night shift but Thursday is one of his days off. Im sure we can come up with something by Thursday.

Shaun
2005.05.10, 08:59 PM
Sounds good!

Ninja
2005.05.10, 11:49 PM
i wont be able to make it up till about 3 or so

Shaun
2005.05.11, 08:25 AM
i wont be able to make it up till about 3 or so

How late have you all been staying?

I'll plan on being up there around 3PM.

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.11, 08:43 AM
I reckon we stay until we get kicked out; usually 7-9??? I am scheduled to leave work at 5:30, but I've been staying late every night and haven't taken any breaks, so I'm going to try to scoot out early.

OH! How cool is the KB in Dalton? We got a new release of 1:64 Dub City cars; limited release. Walmart, Toys R Us, K-mart, and all the other KB stores don't have 'em. :D I can't remember the entire set, but the two I bought are '05 Ford GT white pearl with blue stripes and a raked stance, and an '03 AC S3 (super duper M3) that's silver. The M3 also comes in white; ghey, and the GT comes in yellow w/black stripes. I think there's a mid-90's Cadylak and an early-90's Stinkin Linkin Towncar. Pretty sweet cars. :cool:

Ninja
2005.05.11, 09:00 AM
dang eric, i didnt know you been hanging down here in my area, if i did i would have dropped by. we have been staying at the rec center till about 8:30. I will be running my BMW till i get my Enzo painted. i need to drop by Hobby Lobby and grab some paints this week. Eric if you want to try and put my ball diff in your car and see if it helps the handeling we can hook that up. I can already tell, this is gonna be a great week. :D

Ninja
2005.05.11, 01:35 PM
oh, by the way, here is a photo of our current track layout

pHREDD
2005.05.11, 03:22 PM
Current as in...your not going to change it this week? It doesnt matter to me either way.

Shaun
2005.05.11, 07:04 PM
Who's been able to make it up the the track lately?

Have you had a lot of people showing up?

pHREDD
2005.05.11, 07:44 PM
we have 2 new guys...Allan and Lebron. all the usuall guys are still there. Todd, Lamar, David, Tim, Grant, Taylor and sometimes Eric. and Me :D

Ninja
2005.05.11, 11:53 PM
Current as in...your not going to change it this week? It doesnt matter to me either way.
im not sure, im starting to run out of ideas :o :rolleyes:

i know we have enough track to make 12 turns, i will have to work from that point :D ill see what i can come up with tonight

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.13, 10:50 PM
Won't git to race this Thursday. :(

BUTT! In our mail pack today, we got a bunch of company info about putting on R/C races with our cars and encouraging kids to bring their own to race, too. Of course, I couldn't demo mine (officially) on the clock, so I'd show my steezuff on an off day; like Friday. What do you guys think of demo races at Walnut Square Mall Friday? I'll go to the mall office Monday and try to set something up. Hopefully that super duper OMFG fine Natalie will be there. :o

Ninja
2005.05.13, 11:52 PM
im up for it Eric, do we need to come up with some sort of demo track?

pHREDD
2005.05.14, 12:04 AM
your talking after work right?

Ninja
2005.05.14, 12:16 AM
im off on Fridays, so that doesnt concern me :p

pHREDD
2005.05.14, 12:26 AM
what track are you planning on doing a demo with?

Ninja
2005.05.14, 12:53 AM
i was thinking i could take my Fatigue mats that i have here at home and build some sort of track

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.15, 09:19 PM
I'm off Friday, so it would be during store hours. I'm going to the mall office tomorrow to see if they'll let us do it out in the mall; in which case we would need a track. Otherwise, I can clear part of the store-front that's carpeted and outline a track on that.

I'm still not sure what time; I gotta smack around the mall management.

The carpet in the store is very thin and tough. It doesn't have as much bite as the rough side of the RCP track, but it is definitly more grippy than the slick side. I will also go down to Radio Shack and talk some $hit about their XMods. :D :D :D

pHREDD
2005.05.15, 10:20 PM
count me out....work has to come first :(

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.15, 10:59 PM
Well shucks. You in, Chunk and Todd?

Ninja
2005.05.16, 12:29 AM
im there, but Todd will most likely have something better to do :rolleyes:

pHREDD
2005.05.16, 08:23 AM
im there, but Todd will most likely have something better to do :rolleyes:

like work :rolleyes:

Ninja
2005.05.16, 08:25 AM
no, Todd is on vacation this week :D

pHREDD
2005.05.16, 01:24 PM
no, Todd is on vacation this week :D

Your right....I forgot :o

He is on a REVO quest!

Ninja
2005.05.17, 12:39 AM
pHREDD, Would you be willing to bring your video camera and digi cam this week so i can get some shots of us racing and possibly some video? there are several of us with new cars and bodies i know we would like to show off :D we need to think of a nice track setup to go along with it too ;)

pHREDD
2005.05.17, 08:22 AM
pHREDD, Would you be willing to bring your video camera and digi cam this week so i can get some shots of us racing and possibly some video? there are several of us with new cars and bodies i know we would like to show off :D we need to think of a nice track setup to go along with it too ;)

Sure I will bring it. Too bad I cant get there a little early :mad:

JTrusley
2005.05.17, 02:33 PM
Sure I will bring it. Too bad I cant get there a little early :mad:
that would be agood idea, leave the track like it is i like it like that. and we need to get some REVO vids and pics to

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.17, 02:42 PM
I'ma be able to race Thursday after all. I've switched schedules, and I'll get off Thursday at 5; like last week.

pHREDD
2005.05.17, 03:20 PM
I'ma be able to race Thursday after all. I've switched schedules, and I'll get off Thursday at 5; like last week.

Great, bring the evader to race the revo :D

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.17, 03:54 PM
Will do. :D I might have my ghetto $tinkin' Linkin done by then, too. :rolleyes:

Shaun
2005.05.17, 08:08 PM
Looks like some people are expanding their RC collections. :)

Couldn't make it last week, we had someone quit and I had to work on Thursday to cover. This Thursday looks good so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'll bring both of my little toys to play with. Where do you guys plan on running those Revos?

pHREDD
2005.05.17, 10:21 PM
right outside the rec center.....we missed ya last week Shaun ;)

Ninja
2005.05.18, 12:27 AM
ill try and posi-lock my mini quake, and see if it is faster than erics Evader :D ill bring an extra pack for ya eric :p

ChattavegasSE
2005.05.25, 04:26 PM
I'ma be racin this week, too. I gots me some new brushes, com oil, and cleaner for the big truck. No more sparky sparkies for me. :D I also figured out why the Evader's motor can flash fry a cow; the capacitor on the motor had broke off on one side. A lil solder later, it runs cool and supah fast. :D

techno
2005.06.10, 05:16 PM
I have some vacation comming in july and would like to invite myself down to race as it gets closer i would like to set up a date to come down and hang out
you still use the rec center ?

Ninja
2005.06.10, 05:38 PM
well we do but we dont, see the rec center closes at 6pm during the summer, so we have been showing up and bashing around with the REVO's for the past few weeks. dod you have any larger scale R/C's?

techno
2005.06.10, 06:37 PM
well we do but we dont, see the rec center closes at 6pm during the summer, so we have been showing up and bashing around with the REVO's for the past few weeks. dod you have any larger scale R/C's?
i have a savage 25 but it has not seen the light of day in a while and i have 2 tc3s

pHREDD
2005.06.10, 07:10 PM
bring your Mini-zs and your Savage and come on down...im sure we can work something out. :D

Ninja
2005.06.10, 07:54 PM
i have an Electric TC3 :D but i want an off-road nitro :(

techno
2005.06.10, 09:30 PM
i have an Electric TC3 :D but i want an off-road nitro :(
me too i think if i could trade my savage off i would gett a electric buggy

Ninja
2005.06.11, 08:34 AM
would ya be willing to trade that Savage for my TC3 and a couple Z's? :D

techno
2005.06.11, 09:39 AM