PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-Z track in New York

jjlove
2005.05.12, 08:59 PM
A new hobby shop and track opened in newburgh ny on monday 5/09/05 and the 1st race is friday 5/13/05 @ 7pm.

The web site is www.ttminisports.com

I have been running some hot laps for fun and the surface is great.

They are soon to build a dirt track down stairs for the new half 8's

Twenty-Se7en
2005.05.13, 06:44 AM
if anyone is in the neighbourhood I'd like to see some videos of a race on that track. Looks nice... not many hobby shops go for a custom built yet modular (sort of) track. Looks very interesting!

michvin
2005.05.13, 10:36 AM
looks like a parking lot after the track we're racing on now :D
How far is it from NYC?

ruknd@aol.com
2005.05.13, 03:35 PM
it's about an hour and a half from NYC, mees thinks. I think it is great the site points out it has "red and white kerbing"...makes for good kerb appeal :rolleyes:

jjlove
2005.05.13, 03:52 PM
it's about an hour and a half from NYC, mees thinks. I think it is great the site points out it has "red and white kerbing"...makes for good kerb appeal :rolleyes:
It is about 1 hour north of the city. Call the shop for directions. After U get off the newburgh exit of the nys thruway it is about 5 minutes.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.05.13, 04:05 PM
do any of you race at barnstormers too?

jjlove
2005.05.13, 10:57 PM
do any of you race at barnstormers too?
Yeah, but not in a while. If U have been @ the barn, Tony would sometimes run the races. He is the one who opened TT mini sports. The other T is for Todd that owns Tarmac.

I just got back from racing and it was a blast. Small turn out but still fun. The ko lap counting system will be in by the end of the month. For now he is hand counting on auto score. We were turning around 40 laps in 5 mins with the different layouts and bone stock mr-01 and mr-02's.

chuckyluv
2005.05.15, 09:50 PM
Yeah, but not in a while. If U have been @ the barn, Tony would sometimes run the races. He is the one who opened TT mini sports. The other T is for Todd that owns Tarmac.

I just got back from racing and it was a blast. Small turn out but still fun. The ko lap counting system will be in by the end of the month. For now he is hand counting on auto score. We were turning around 40 laps in 5 mins with the different layouts and bone stock mr-01 and mr-02's.nice looking place...being in east as well,any chance you guys ever tried to make dirt modified mini z.. i once made a custom body and then remembered some 1/32 slot car bodies of mods...being in brett "the jet"s home area just a thought..hope to get in area soon. attended newburgh auction for several years and hope to steal a trip back now that a track in area...best of luck to you all!

Blackno3
2005.05.15, 10:34 PM
If I was coming from Albany NY would I take exit 17 off the NY state thruway?
Also did you prepay for the KO system? Because just about every shop in the US has called me with the same problems that we had with it.

jjlove
2005.05.16, 09:43 PM
If I was coming from Albany NY would I take exit 17 off the NY state thruway?
Also did you prepay for the KO system? Because just about every shop in the US has called me with the same problems that we had with it.
What problems are other tracks having with the lap counting system?

Blackno3
2005.05.17, 09:03 AM
It’s to complicated to explain on the forum I’ll just give your shop a call. When are you at your shop and what exit are you guys at off the NY state thruway?

machine
2005.05.17, 01:23 PM
I got a question about track fees, is there really that much interest and people coming out daily to charge for track usage? The reason I ask is that there is a few shops locally that have Z tracks and there isn't a constant customer base to warrant the fees. Granted the Z following isn't as big in western Canada as there are 3 shops that carry K cars IW cars locally that even have an area big enough to run them indoors.

Blackno3
2005.05.17, 02:12 PM
The answer is simple if no one is willing to pay to use them then you won’t have any local tracks to race at. At some point the local shops will realize that the tracks are taking up valuable commercial space and start to see them as useless overhead.

ttminisports
2005.06.04, 10:57 PM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the kind comments about our Mini-z track!

I hope that all of you who came in the past few Friday & Saturday Nites ,had a great time. I was surprized how many of you enjoyed the 1:32 Scale Slotcar track! There was more cross-over interest between R/C cars and slots than I ever thought possible. I quess we can't resist anything with wheels on it!
I know I enjoy both myself.

Until next week.

TT

williams F1#3
2005.06.12, 10:57 AM
I saw that you only have a stock and modified class. Hows about an open class? Or even a non-turbo/FET open class?

ttminisports
2005.06.25, 09:46 PM
I saw that you only have a stock and modified class. Hows about an open class? Or even a non-turbo/FET open class?
We could run an open class if people show up with them.

philly
2006.04.09, 10:36 PM
is this track in paramus

MINIz guy11
2006.04.11, 10:23 AM
dude, it says new track in NY.

EMU
2006.04.11, 11:21 AM
is this track in paramus
TT minisports racing centre
2424 rt 32 suite 101
new windsor, ny 12553
phone: 845-534-1112

MINIz guy11
2006.04.11, 01:27 PM
that place looks cool with that overland track.

jjlove
2007.12.08, 06:47 PM
Just a little update...Here are the classes that we are running on Friday nights.

RWD Class - No limitations
AWD Class - No limitations
High Mount Class - Limitations, kit motor and kit PCB
Overland Offroad - Limitations, kit motor and kit PCB
.....New Class......
Porsche Cup Spec Class - Limitations, no upgrades of any kind are allowed except for metal wheel nuts. Kit settings for toe, camber, offset, and kit springs must be used. Kit tredded tires on classic rims must be used. Cars will be inspected each race. Older style PCB with out the higher power output must be used. This class is designed to allow for very close racing, door to door...bumper to bumper.

I just set up my car last night and I am surprised how well a bone stock MR-015 car can go with just a little fine tuning. All I did was align the tires on the rims, grease the king pins and the rear shock and it went really good.

michvin
2007.12.08, 11:36 PM
Just a little update...Here are the classes that we are running on Friday nights.

RWD Class - No limitations
AWD Class - No limitations
High Mount Class - Limitations, kit motor and kit PCB
Overland Offroad - Limitations, kit motor and kit PCB
.....New Class......
Porsche Cup Spec Class - Limitations, no upgrades of any kind are allowed except for metal wheel nuts. Kit settings for toe, camber, offset, and kit springs must be used. Kit tredded tires on classic rims must be used. Cars will be inspected each race. Older style PCB with out the higher power output must be used. This class is designed to allow for very close racing, door to door...bumper to bumper.

I just set up my car last night and I am surprised how well a bone stock MR-015 car can go with just a little fine tuning. All I did was align the tires on the rims, grease the king pins and the rear shock and it went really good.Do you have pictures of the track? What time does the racing starts on Friday?

jjlove
2007.12.09, 08:21 AM
Kind of hard to see from this pic...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9117/track2yv2.jpg

Here is a shot of overland racing...
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4006/overlandtrack2sp2.jpg

Here is a short clip of some 2wd racing...
youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1fDniOO0U)

We start around 7pm but you can get there anytime before that to set up. He opens up at 10 am. Check out the website. (www.ttminisports.com)

jjlove
2007.12.09, 10:31 AM
I forgot to mention that we are using CORE for lap times so bring your card if you have one already.

jjlove
2007.12.18, 08:07 PM
Here is a link for the rules of the new Porsche Cup.Link (http://www.ttminisports.com/SUPERCUP.pdf)

This friday 12/21/07 is the 1st race of the new class.

Slubben
2008.09.19, 10:31 AM
Anyone know if this great place to race mini-zs and slot cars is still around?

ttminisports
2008.11.13, 05:19 PM
Still open & still racing. New store track designed more towards 1:18 scale 18R's & Tamiya Mini Coopers. Pics of the track at -> www.ttminisports.info. Racing on Wed, Fri nights & Sun afternoons.

fraga
2010.10.14, 11:27 PM
The website is down. Is this track still open?

Scrapper
2010.10.15, 03:07 PM
i think from my knowledge they are closed Javier

ActionRC
2010.10.18, 12:26 PM
Closed. :(