PDA

View Full Version : RCP Surface....???

geoffrey109
2005.05.14, 07:26 PM
Setting up my two new Long L's, I wonder what is the best to practice on for the Championship Races.......

Please Vote on this......

Right now, I have all the pieces setup for smooth, thinking this is what they race on.......

G109

TNB
2005.05.14, 11:47 PM
The only races that I know of which were held on the smooth side were those run by Radio Shack.

geoffrey109
2005.05.15, 12:28 AM
The only races that I know of which were held on the smooth side were those run by Radio Shack.

Then the Championship Races are setup and run on the high traction side? Railto, Net Zone.......HobbyTown, and the Las Vegas Final is on the High Traction side...?

TNB
2005.05.15, 12:30 AM
To my knowledge, all the Kyosho and PN Racing races ran on an RCP Track have been on the tectured side.

geoffrey109
2005.05.15, 05:06 PM
Well we put the track together today and ran some laps on the smooth side. I see I am going to have to flip it over. The Murcielago was breaking traction and sliding all over the place. Although I'm not 100% sure if I'm setup correctly or not until I try the high traction side...It was still fun and still a fair amount of foam dust on the cars as well. I was only a little disappointed that the car didn't hook up better then I thought it would...I'm still going to test this same setup on the texture side.......then determine if it needs changes.

All in All.........I do love those RCP Tracks...It's a pleasure to crash and not damage your car.

The car ran surprising long with those Speed 900 batteries I got here at the shop. I have 96 Powerizer batteries from batteryspace both AA's and AAA's and felt those Kyosho batt's surperior in run time. I will however use those Powerizer 850's for practice....I have 48 cells. I'm learning to deal with charging them, what a pain....

Anyway keep voting on the surface, I vote High Traction.....

G109

geoffrey109
2005.05.16, 11:15 PM
Race Course flipped. WoW!!! Although it's my first run on this new track I feel I'm pretty close with my setup. Because the two long L's only make a 10 x 20 I feel maybe only a regear is inorder for now. It's really too soon to say. I got one good run in over thirty minutes.......The Murcielago is really hooked up but feel it would be just a little better with one pinon gear down......for now. There's a sound of traction I've never heard before practice racing this car, on this new track.

All I can say is thanks to everyone!!!!

And hopefully see you in the rear view mirrors........

G109

TNB
2005.05.16, 11:17 PM
And hopefully see you in the rear view mirrors...
You mean that you don't remove them from your Lambo Murcielago? Don't loose them. ;)