PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ninja, how do you like your Mini Quake?

moddogs
2005.05.16, 09:48 AM
I am thinking about getting one of them. I like the 4WD, tub chassis and 8 shocks!!! :eek:

Just wanted to know what are the weak points on it, meaning which plastic parts break on a stock car. The Mini Quake is COOOOOOL. I can just see mine now, li-ions with a Team Orion Elite brushless motor. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

konafreeride
2005.05.16, 09:01 PM
I am thinking about getting one of them. I like the 4WD, tub chassis and 8 shocks!!! :eek:

Just wanted to know what are the weak points on it, meaning which plastic parts break on a stock car. The Mini Quake is COOOOOOL. I can just see mine now, li-ions with a Team Orion Elite brushless motor. Ahhhhhhhhhh.
do you have any pics like on a web sight? i wanna c i might buy iv heard good things

Ninja
2005.05.16, 11:07 PM
i have had nothing but trouble with mine, i have broken

1 upper arm
1 lower arm
1 knuckle
1 tie rod
3 sets of differentials
4 sets of drive shafts

and people have had alot of trouble with the brushless on Mini Quake, it stutters and can cause damage to the drivetrain. even a guy i know with a 10 cell pack has problems with it cogging. i would go with an RC18T or a new Kyosho H8 if i had the choice. it is quite fast though, even in stock form (when it is running) if you wanted to spend an additional $150 on aftermarket alloy parts then it would be a great truck, in stock trim it could blow my MZM with 8 cells and SO4 out of the water. if you do decide to get one, order the alloy CVD's as soon as you get the truck, you will need them. you can check the forums over at http://www.one18th.com for more info and plenty of photos

moddogs
2005.05.17, 11:58 AM
You run 8 cells in your MZM? How does that run? Does it have stock eletronics any longer? Do you run an external turbo?

Ninja
2005.05.17, 11:07 PM
yes i run 8 cells in my MZM, i have swapped the board out for an Iwaver pro board, easier that fet stacking and just as cheap :D i think i have currently blown the fets in it though, so i am gonna have to find a way to regulate the voltage, or stack Pro fets :rolleyes: