PDA

View Full Version : gallery help....

konafreeride
2005.05.16, 09:40 PM
ok i just got the gallery but all my pics are to large is theri a way that i can just push a botton and it makes it the right size? i have window XP home editon plz help i have lots of pics

arch2b
2005.05.16, 09:43 PM
please post gallery related questions here....

the new gallery (only for new gallery requests) is well, new so we are all still working to figure everything out. it's a very popular format (photopost) so hopefully some more experienced people can help us out with the questions here ;)

konafreeride
2005.05.16, 09:46 PM
please post gallery related questions here....

the new gallery (only for new gallery requests) is well, new so we are all still working to figure everything out. it's a very popular format (photopost) so hopefully some more experienced people can help us out with the questions here ;)
im sorry i posted in the wrong and thx for your help

arch2b
2005.05.16, 09:49 PM
np :p :)

konafreeride
2005.05.18, 11:39 PM
can anyone help me plz plz plz lol

Ninja
2005.05.19, 12:16 AM
is it just the file size that is too large or is it the whole resolution?

konafreeride
2005.05.19, 01:11 AM
is it just the file size that is too large or is it the whole resolution?
UT SAYS THAT THE FILE IS TO LARGE

arch2b
2005.05.19, 05:26 AM
if your images are too large than you have to resize or compress them prior to uploading.

open tehm in photoshop or something similar and resave. there is always an option for jpg to change the compression ratio or you can change the output dimensions to something compatible with the gallery.

Ninja
2005.05.19, 06:21 AM
its simple, open them in paint, and save as JPG image, this will greatly reduce the file size

saiyan
2005.05.19, 10:03 AM
Right click on the pic and click EDIT (you should now be in paint), then go to IMAGE at top of screen and click. Then go to STRETCH/SKEW and click. Then put the same value less then 100 in the first 2 spots. Your current uneditted pic is considered to be 100%, so if you put in a smaller percentage it will downsize it. I usually go with 50% to start and that usaully works for uploading. Now save it and it is downsized. I typically save it with the same file name plus a 2 to note it as an edit. You never know when you might want the full size pic in the future.

konafreeride
2005.05.19, 10:24 AM
Right click on the pic and click EDIT (you should now be in paint), then go to IMAGE at top of screen and click. Then go to STRETCH/SKEW and click. Then put the same value less then 100 in the first 2 spots. Your current uneditted pic is considered to be 100%, so if you put in a smaller percentage it will downsize it. I usually go with 50% to start and that usaully works for uploading. Now save it and it is downsized. I typically save it with the same file name plus a 2 to note it as an edit. You never know when you might want the full size pic in the future.
thx very much ill get a album today.. im at school right now lol