PDA

View Full Version : Summer Series at Tom Thumb Hobbies in Columbus Ohio

Dustin
2005.06.06, 10:40 PM
Well as most of you have most likely seen the results of the spring series and enduro that were both allot of fun. Next week we will start the Summer Series. It will bring more good times and good racing as well. I will try to post pics, setups, and weekly results. Any talk about this series can be found here. It would be nice to see some local as well as nation talk about this race here.

Dustin
2005.06.09, 01:14 PM
Hi, My name is Dustin and I am addicted to RC. { response is “Hi Dustin” ] I will race Nascar, stock, and mod racer next week, but I am needing more. Is there any one who wants to race F1 [Not at the expense of Nascar but in addition to] or overland. I just want to try to get another class started. Mike’s rule is that we need three to make a class. I am one all we need is two more. I know there are a lot of F1s floating around not being raced in C-Bus. Or you can buy a new one. In my opinion this is the hardest class with the best racing. Check in here if you are interested in racing either of these new classes.

techno
2005.06.09, 05:50 PM
Hi, My name is Dustin and I am addicted to RC. { response is “Hi Dustin” ] I will race Nascar, stock, and mod racer next week, but I am needing more. Is there any one who wants to race F1 [Not at the expense of Nascar but in addition to] or overland. I just want to try to get another class started. Mike’s rule is that we need three to make a class. I am one all we need is two more. I know there are a lot of F1s floating around not being raced in C-Bus. Or you can buy a new one. In my opinion this is the hardest class with the best racing. Check in here if you are interested in racing either of these new classes.
i plan on making it up there on my vacation i can run all three classes but i will only be visiting

Dustin
2005.06.09, 10:37 PM
By three you mean stock and mod racer and Nascar? Is this correct.

techno
2005.06.10, 06:00 AM
By three you mean stock and mod racer and Nascar? Is this correct.
Racer ,F1 and overland

Dustin
2005.06.10, 04:57 PM
Be sure to post and let us all know when you are comin so we can prepair ;)

techno
2005.06.10, 05:40 PM
Be sure to post and let us all know when you are comin so we can prepair ;)
sure will and thanks

Dustin
2005.06.16, 11:46 AM
Ok, the results from week 1 of the Summer Series are as followes,

Production

1st Jeff, TQ, The new guy. This was his first week and he did great.
2nd Wes
3rd Mini Wes

Stock Racer

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd David Polner
3rd Jeff Old Dude
Mod
1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd Johnpaul Richards
3rd David Polner

Dustin
2005.06.29, 09:05 PM
Ok results from the second race of the summer series are as follows,

Production

1st Wess, TQ
2nd Jeff Johnson
3rd Justin

Stock

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd Luke Richards
3rd David Pollner

Modified

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd JohnPaul Richards
3rd Jason Vickers

Also nice to see some new blood come up from beyond Dayton. It was more than 1 1/2 hours drive. We have some local guys that will not travel 1/10 that far to race ...CHOGH COUGH COUGH... Keller also known as Latency, Abe also known as West F1, Sasso, Vallo, and others...CHOGH COUGH COUGH... Come back guys lets resurrect some old classes that have died off, like F1, Nascar, and Mod that has had low attendance as of lately.

BigVxxx
2005.06.29, 09:24 PM
Ok results from the second race of the summer series are as follows,

Production

1st Wess, TQ
2nd Jeff Johnson
3rd Justin

Stock

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd Luke Richards
3rd David Pollner

Modified

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd JohnPaul Richards
3rd Jason Vickers

Also nice to see some new blood come up from beyond Dayton. It was more than 1 1/2 hours drive. We have some local guys that will not travel 1/10 that far to race ...CHOGH COUGH COUGH... Keller also known as Latency, Abe also known as West F1, Sasso, Vallo, and others...CHOGH COUGH COUGH... Come back guys lets resurrect some old classes that have died off, like F1, Nascar, and Mod that has had low attendance as of lately.

Thats VICARS not VICKERS :confused:

techno
2005.07.01, 01:18 PM
Im planning on making the trip up next wednsday it will be me and tre my son comming up

well looks like you wont be racing this week ill try next week then

BigVxxx
2005.07.02, 12:30 AM
Im planning on making the trip up next wednsday it will be me and tre my son comming up

well looks like you wont be racing this week ill try next week then

I don't have a calender nearby but I believe next race date would be the 13th of July. :)

Dustin
2005.07.02, 10:06 AM
My bad... VICARS

BigVxxx
2005.07.02, 04:25 PM
My bad... VICARS

That's cool. My MR02 is fixed and sems to be glitch free, trim is worked out. F1/CUP car has a blown pot. At least it lasted 4 years, might be able to adjust manually, we'll see. Got any cheap boards or pots? :D

Dustin
2005.07.03, 05:49 PM
Dude nice to here about the 02. Sounds like more stiff racing in 2. I've got 100 pots....... sitting in customs where they have been for the last month. No cheep PCB here either. Would love to see Nascar come alive so maybe we could finish with a full 6 weeks this series.

bigron
2005.07.04, 12:59 PM
Did I read that correctly, That racing is now on saturdays from noon til 5?

Dustin
2005.07.05, 10:16 AM
No racing is not on Sat. You must have read some old forums. We did race on Sat from noon to five but that was more than a year ago. We still currently race every other Wed night at 7:00. the next race date is July 13. Hope the see you there.

techno
2005.07.05, 10:54 AM
No racing is not on Sat. You must have read some old forums. We did race on Sat from noon to five but that was more than a year ago. We still currently race every other Wed night at 7:00. the next race date is July 13. Hope the see you there.
on the 13th you want to me to bring some of my rcp up with me if tom has the room

I plan on running:
production: me and my son he is pretty new and I stink
stock: me and (my son maybe) :confused:
mod: maybe depends how bad you need one on the grid as a speed bump :p
f1: if we have enough to make a grid

Tom Thumb Hobby
2005.07.05, 06:36 PM
on the 13th you want to me to bring some of my rcp up with me if tom has the room

No thanks Techno....We have about 7 or 8 wide "L"s already. I'll run out of room before I'll run out of RCP :)

Looking forward to having you come up and race with us. The last time you were here (K Cup event) was tooooo long ago. See you soon.

Mike

Dustin
2005.07.05, 11:26 PM
OK guys, We have one F1 coming from Cinci, Myself, We need one more. Please, Please, Please F1 does not get enough credit. I would love to run it again. It has been so long since I have run one. Any and all speed bumps are always welcome in Mod :cool:

Later and here is to some good racing come the 13th.

techno
2005.07.06, 07:22 AM
OK guys, We have one F1 coming from Cinci, Myself, We need one more. Please, Please, Please F1 does not get enough credit. I would love to run it again. It has been so long since I have run one. Any and all speed bumps are always welcome in Mod :cool:

Later and here is to some good racing come the 13th.

I plan on comming up early to play to make it worth my trip up there i hope mike dont mind?

BigVxxx
2005.07.08, 12:03 AM
I plan on comming up early to play to make it worth my trip up there i hope mike dont mind?

Mike opens up at NOON, I usually have the track up by 3 PM Tuesday so you can get plenty of play/practice time. :)

Dustin
2005.07.13, 09:35 PM
Ok here it is,

Production

1st Jef, TQ
2nd, Lee, AKA Techno
3rd, Justin

Stock

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd David Pollner
3rd Toman

Mod

1st Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd Jason Vicars
3rd David Pollner

Cup Car

1st, Dustin Richards, TQ
2nd Toman
3rd Lee, AKA Techno

Thanks for every one coming out. It was a good time and good to see some F1s and Nascars out again. Special thanks for Lee, AKA, Techno for him, and his soon coming down from Cinci and getting some new blood in C-Bus. Hope to see every one out again next week. There are alot of "racers" in Columbus who own cars and not coming out. I guess the weather and summer is keeping everyone occupied with other things. I guess the I should hope for some snow to get the attendence up :confused: :p

techno
2005.07.13, 10:28 PM
thanks! it was a great time had a blast and my son did too. next time ill be more ready thanks for the tips. Dustin (dont get a big head ) :D and crew are great drivers was neat to watch them do their thing hopefully some time real soon ill be able to edit the movies and post them it was my first attempt at it we will see what we have

Tom Thumb Hobby
2005.07.13, 11:35 PM
Dustin (dont get a big head ) :D and crew are great drivers was neat to watch....

Don't think it could get any BIGGER :D :D

It was great having you race with us. Hope to see you and your son back soon !!

Dustin
2005.07.14, 02:40 AM
Why all this talk about my head :confused: and not my looks :confused:

I just do not get it. :D