PDA

View Full Version : SLC Mini R/C Summer Championship Race Three

davkin
2005.06.07, 08:00 PM
The third event of the SLC Mini R/C Championship will be held this coming Thursday June 9th. Right now the weather forecast is looking positive, so we will most likely be at Brian's at 6:00. However, his lawn will most likely be soaked, so he might want us back on the driveway this week rather than on the back porch. Even if it's cloudy and we have the occasional shower on Thursday I think we'll try and still run at Brian's, I have a tarp I can throw on the track to keep it dry during rain breaks if need be.

If we end up having steady rain that time in the day we'll meet at my garage at 6:30.

David

briankstan
2005.06.07, 09:22 PM
sounds like a good plan, see everyone on Thursday

Brian

davkin
2005.06.16, 12:40 AM
The event results and updated championship standings have been posted to the website. www.slcminirc.homestead.com

David

TITANIUM
2005.06.16, 01:55 AM
Youíre all so close but so far away....

p.s. I was in slc today and talked to Ben down at west valley hobbies...I talked him into committing to the SLC august GTG that I will also attend....(he will borrow mine or your all cars for racing)...( I know Ben from the WVC 10th scale days 1995-1999)

TITANIUM
2005.06.16, 03:55 PM
Youíre all so close but so far away....

I meant for me to join-in on the racing....not your point standings....(I hope no offence was taken)

davkin
2005.06.17, 12:21 AM
I knew what you meant. That would be cool to have Ben along as well, or anybody that want's to join. Maybe it would make more sense to hold a special gtg on a Friday or Saturday. I'd imagine that would make it easier for you.

We still on for the 24th in Cedar City? I tell ya, I'm more than ready for a road trip!

David

TITANIUM
2005.06.17, 01:21 AM
Yes, we are still on with the Cedar City GTG....I almost changed plans to go to Houston for the race down there...but itís a long story....
Anyway...we should have a guy named Guy, yourself, & me racing....
I will e- you some addresses & numbers....

p.s. the SLC August GTG will defiantly need to be a Friday evening...I just donít know which one yet...I would need to leave by 9pm though...so the earlier in the evening to start the better....in fact everybody should call in sick for the whole Friday afternoon so we can start very early.....
:D

bbeattie
2005.06.17, 11:16 AM
With everyone making changes at previous races to bodies and setup, I've given in and joined the club. I'm still doing research on bodies for the 02mm but I haven't picked a new one yet. Most people state the Enzo performs better, which is too bad, since I don't really like that body, or other MM bodies. So, I put some racing stripes and decals on it. I just hope it's not too much like Lukes now... What else can you do to a red car besides white stripes?

I've also cleaned the whole thing out and reworked the entire setup on the car. Shaved out the only rear cabon h-plate I have to make it softer, removed the spacer below the rear h-plate to get the backend to sit lower. The front is lowered, stiffer springs and so on. I've also been tweaking with the rear setup to get the car to stop spinning out, which became a huge problem at this race, after months of decent racing. I am about to say it's impossible to get the car to turn at the same rate both directions regardless of throttle. I'm no pro setup artist, so if anyone has some steps to get a car to run straight without power torquing, being able to have it turn at the same rate in either direction (Impossible for me so far) and also turn at the same rate when letting off the throttle and pushing on the trottle while turning, that would help. I'm going over to Brians tomorrow to run a bunch of different setups... (I really want to have it setup so turning right has the same results as turning left... The more similar the better I can drive).

Anyway.. I want first. :)

TITANIUM
2005.06.19, 01:37 AM
What else can you do to a red car besides white stripes?

:)

pink potka-dots :o

TITANIUM
2005.06.19, 01:48 AM
We still on for the 24th in Cedar City? I tell ya, I'm more than ready for a road trip!

David

you have my phone number from my e-mail right?...give me a call...when you get in town...
right now im in Reno doing some work...I will be back Tuesday....
I will get everything ready for the GTG....(this coming Friday...)
I hope I can get the warehouse....it depends on if equipment is out of the way or not....otherwise....its going to be in my garage...yuk!
I read that you plan on 8pm.....thatís fine...but, anytime is ok with me...im free all Friday......(I will be starting much earlier than 8pm...I donít get much run time in...but when I do, I like to go for hours & hours...sometimes a whole day...but thatís rare...)

davkin
2005.06.19, 01:11 PM
Ya, I've got your number. I'll probably call Thursday night.

There are some artists playing during the day Friday and into the evening that I want to see, that's why 8:00 pm.

David

TITANIUM
2005.06.22, 02:14 AM
ok, we will be in the warehouse!!!!....
lots more room !!!!
the warehouse is just a mile away from the park grovefest will be held at....
if you want to do any Z'ing other than fridaynight just call me....im free this Saturday also!

davkin
2005.06.23, 01:47 AM

Cool. I'm all packed and ready to leave early in the morning.

if you want to do any Z'ing other than fridaynight just call me....im free this Saturday also!

I don't think I'll have much if any extra time on Saturday. I'm planning on doing some R/C rock crawling at Three Peaks Friday afternoon.

David

TNB
2005.06.25, 10:58 PM
lots more room !!!!
the warehouse is just a mile away from the park grovefest will be held at....
Well, how did it go? I'm tired here from spending the last two days at the track. Though it looks like my CP Cup Car, it's just a little bit larger. ;)

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album284/RCQS1_062505.jpg

TITANIUM
2005.06.29, 01:03 PM
you missed out here...fun time racing!

TNB
2005.06.29, 02:48 PM
As you can see, I was at the 1/4 scale track. Are you setting anything up for the Fourth of July weekend? I may be heading that way though I don't really want to, may be really bored, and need an escape for a while. The last time I did take the Kyosho Mini-Inferno but that was not the same since no body else was running R/Cs.

TITANIUM
2005.06.29, 04:37 PM
im sure we can plan a GTG during that period....just e-mail me your plans...

briankstan
2005.06.29, 06:38 PM
let me know if you get something together a couple of us might be able to swing by too

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.06.29, 06:48 PM
then lets plan something!...im free all that week and weekend...(except when the parade is going on)

Brian whereís your timing system! I hope you get it before your endro!
and especially before I come up in august!!!!

briankstan
2005.06.29, 09:23 PM
let's do it. what day do you think would be the best? I can also bring some of my track down if we wanted to create a bigger track. I don't think my mustang will hold alot but I should be able to get at least 1 wide L in it.

Still no word on the timing system. I hope it will be "soon" lol.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.06.29, 11:43 PM
well I believe itís in your and TNB's hands to figure a race time/date.
I donít know about bring track...
tnb, you want to bring some too?
eitherway, I have 2 wide-L's plus some extra...
my warehouse will probably accommodate up to 5 wide-Ls total...
so itís up to you two if youíre willing... :D
this will be a filming day if it goes down!...
guy (maybe), & myself will be there...
I could always invite the radio shack guy too....but heís flakier about showing up than Guy is...

so letís get it on!

oops one thing...i can't on a sunday.....
but the 1st or 2nd look good...even on the 4th (afternoon)...

briankstan
2005.06.29, 11:53 PM
Well it looks like we can get this GTG set up for july 4th weedend, What day would you prefer it to be on, and what time. I'm about 3 1/2 hrs. away, and can only spend the day, but I can alway drive back late.

I will also talk to the guys at our race tomarrow night and see if some of them are interested in comming, I already talked to my brother and he is in,

I guess if I wanted to I could borrow the wifes mini van, to fit more tracks, the only problem with that is I would have to let her drive my mustang. (that's a scary thought)

you can post your thoughts or just send me an email @ briankstan @ saltlakemini-z.com

brian

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 12:19 AM
I talked to TNB, this is going to be Saturday the 2nd...brunch till dinner sound good for you all?

p.s. bring however much track you want....

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 12:20 AM
myself, Guy & TNB have rsvp'ed!!!

briankstan
2005.06.30, 12:55 AM
count me in in, I will bring what I can as far as the tracks go, oh I'll bring my timing system too... oh yea, I don't have it yet, it's "comming soon".

you can count on me and my brother Kelly.

Can you email me directions and maybe some phone #'s to get ahold of you when I get lost, I don't know my way around Ceder City at all.

This sounds like it will be fun.

Brian

TNB
2005.06.30, 12:59 PM
tnb, you want to bring some too?
Since all my 50cm RCP Track is now stored more by tile type, not by L or Oval, it would be too much of a hassle to open all the boxes and try to re-sort tonight (or at all), so I guess the answer is "no". No, I don't want to bring any RCP Track. I'm also taking Tigger & Bennie and they take up a lot of room by the time I load them up in the carriers, their box, etc.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album664/LW14.jpg

I'll plan to see you Saturday though I'll need directions too since I've not been to the warehouse (or I can just meet you somewhere and follow you). Per your request, I'll toss in one of the Mini-Infernos. I may even toss in the Nomadio Sensor to show you though I'm using that with the mbX5 now and not the Mini Inferno--I just wish my second Nomadio car transceiver would arrive.

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 01:13 PM
tentatively, letís meet at 11am...
no reason to drive all the way out to my house to meet...
so just call my cell when your done with the family breakfast...
but anyway the warehouse is 621n. 400w. (red metal building)

I canít wait to tell you my off-road track plans!!!...
maybe planning on getting a few half8's...one for each boy in the family :D

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 01:15 PM
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album664/LW14.jpg .

those would look real good here in cedar... :D
let me know when the garage sale starts...

TNB
2005.06.30, 01:42 PM
tentatively, letís meet at 11am...
I canít wait to tell you my off-road track plans!!!...
maybe planning on getting a few half8's...one for each boy in the family :D
I'm assuming you'll need to purchase two Mini-Infernos at once though I have a second, but it is disassembled. Disassembled, disassembled... Disassemble No 5? No disassemble. I swipped the spur gear and tires. It's also taking forever for the shop here to get the Atomic alloy spur gears, so I may just make an ebay purchase soon so I can simply re-assemble the second Mini-Inferno.

If I were to sell the RCP Track, it would probably be during the summer since I don't plan to set it up during the hot summer months. After that, who knows since it will be cooled down.

briankstan
2005.06.30, 01:59 PM
I'll see you at 11 then. I will just print out a map from yahoo maps. I will be bringing some track, it all depends on if some other people want to carpool down.

Sounds like everything is set.

I'll see you on saturday.

brian

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 02:05 PM
I'm assuming you'll need to purchase two Mini-Infernos at once .

actually three, donít forget about me... :D

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 02:05 PM
I'll see you at 11 then. I will just print out a map from yahoo maps. I will be bringing some track, it all depends on if some other people want to carpool down.

Sounds like everything is set.

I'll see you on saturday.

brian

directions sent....

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 02:09 PM
TNB, btw, bring your stock motor for your mr-02...
Guy isnít ready for x-speed yet, and the guys from SLC usually only run stock.
it will be really fun...you will see...me & you will be doing the tango down the straight ! lol

TNB
2005.06.30, 02:46 PM
Stock? Ok, as long as I don't have to use alkalines and the stock radio. LOL. Since I just called my mom, I can't back out now. On Saturday, it's breakfast, some Z runing, and then some play around 7PM--I haven't had a good catnap through a play since I saw "Cats" in NYC.

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 02:51 PM
no alkalines...lol
and defiantly no stock TX radios!

also, bring your F1 to run a time or two with me...
and also, your mod mr-02 if you want...

TNB
2005.06.30, 02:54 PM
I feel like I'm watching Chech & Chong's "Up in Smoke"--"the request line is now open!" I might as well toss in a Monster and Overland too. ;)

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 02:58 PM
and then some play around 7PM--I haven't had a good catnap through a play since I saw "Cats" in NYC.

I hope itís not a Shakespeare play...blah blah boorrriiiinnnngg.....

TITANIUM
2005.06.30, 03:06 PM
I feel like I'm watching Chech & Chong's "Up in Smoke"--"the request line is now open!" I might as well toss in a Monster and Overland too. ;)

LOL...just make sure your hot motor dont burn the body all at once...LLLoL

TNB
2005.06.30, 03:10 PM
It is though I don't know if the play will be inside or outside... 7PM is all I know. As long as I don't snore and can still look like I'm awake. It was difficult for me to stay awake in "Cats" and the actors were jumping around right next to me and I really wanted to watch "Cats"--though the music just put me to sleep in that one instead of boredom. I will write that I never fell asleep through Sigfriend & Roy. Now, I think I will go take a catnap. Meow!

TNB
2005.07.03, 08:40 PM
It was nice to run the Zs again and more so with a couple of new faces as well. And today, Bennie got to chase the Monster around. By the way, the play wasn't too bad and I managed to stay awake--each time I started to snooze off, applause. Enjoy the parade.

TITANIUM
2005.07.04, 12:15 AM
most excellent time racing with all of you guys!!!...
i cant wait til august!

briankstan
2005.07.04, 05:43 PM
thanks, Kelly and I had a blast. I will say that the drive home was long. Looking forward to racing with you guys again.

Brian