PDA

View Full Version : Dorks on Wheels ! Still going strong ! SE PA

imxlr8ed
2005.06.08, 01:00 PM
If you're in the SE PA area, stop by ! We are still racing here in Reading PA !
Every Sunday, no charge, no attitudes, just good clean fun ! (and alot of dirty driving :D ) RCP with a 27' backstretch ! (and we can still add to it !) All pics, directions, results, general info, is on our website !

http://www.minircmotorsports.com

or

http://www.dorksonwheels.com

TITANIUM
2005.06.08, 01:11 PM
looks to be a great time!...

PlagueWulf
2005.06.08, 01:17 PM
Yes that looks like a nice place to race, to bad I live so far away ;)

mini-z
2005.08.25, 02:11 PM
Check it out, you guys now have your own sub-forum! :)

gasman1
2005.08.25, 03:00 PM
Check it out, you guys now have your own sub-forum! :)

THanks a lot. That's great!!!

imxlr8ed
2005.08.25, 04:29 PM
Sweet !!! I'll inform my minions !!! Thanks a bunch ! :D

arch2b
2005.08.25, 08:23 PM
:d :d :d

arch2b
2005.09.08, 08:41 PM
so i hear you guys have your core system :p congrats! 2 more months.....

ruknd@aol.com
2005.09.08, 09:15 PM
core? ohh baby less hassel more driving next gtg! im looking foward to not sweating by sack off. You do ahve heat? :p j/k

imxlr8ed
2005.09.09, 12:54 PM
Yep... we will have heat. Still trying to find a larger location... I'm all but setup at 3rd & Spruce Rec Center (gymnasium), but I'm still shopping for more "schedule forgiving" venues. I was told that if I go with the Rec, it'll only be 2 days, 2pm - 6pm.... I'm not too keen on only having 4 hours each day... I still have to talk this through with the director though... I'll finalize all details sometime next week, post directions, give the secret passwords, illustrate the secret handshake.... etc...etc... :rolleyes:

arch2b
2005.09.22, 08:59 PM
so 2 of your members have core?

gasman1
2005.09.23, 06:31 AM
so 2 of your members have core?

yes we do. Me and Enzok

arch2b
2005.09.23, 07:53 AM
wow, most are lucky to get one system in their region and you have 2 in the same club :eek: :cool:

glad to hear your issue is being dealt with promptly regarding your unit. michael has always been good about those things with me.

you guys getting alot more practice? any ideas for the track layout for the nov. races yet? still can't wait to see what you can do with the 01 ;) i'm trying to get the wrinkles out of my f1 setup still :( still can't get the front traction or response set right. either way too much understeer or way too much oversteer. i'm also looking to tweak my overland setup a bit. i need a bit more understeer to clear corners faster without rollovers. i also need to get the f150 :rolleyes: i'm hoping that will be a nice race body with the lack of weight and lower cg. debating on weither or not to get 2 and paint one right off to match the mustang but i think i'll wait to see how it handles first.

gasman1
2005.09.23, 08:27 AM
wow, most are lucky to get one system in their region and you have 2 in the same club :eek: :cool:

glad to hear your issue is being dealt with promptly regarding your unit. michael has always been good about those things with me.

you guys getting alot more practice? any ideas for the track layout for the nov. races yet? still can't wait to see what you can do with the 01 ;) i'm trying to get the wrinkles out of my f1 setup still :( still can't get the front traction or response set right. either way too much understeer or way too much oversteer. i'm also looking to tweak my overland setup a bit. i need a bit more understeer to clear corners faster without rollovers. i also need to get the f150 :rolleyes: i'm hoping that will be a nice race body with the lack of weight and lower cg. debating on weither or not to get 2 and paint one right off to match the mustang but i think i'll wait to see how it handles first.

The track layout is in the mind of Imx. Scary place to go, but I'm sure it will be a good one. I do know we are trying to best the last gtg.

we can probably help with the F1 settings. We have found a setup that works pretty good. We runs 20s all around with stock springs. Take the middle screw out of the side plates. that helps the motor pod flex more. Got to credit Ruf with the info on how to set up an F1 though. He has a great tutorial on his site for them. Once we read through his paper, we had cars that handle great. Thanks Ruf!

imxlr8ed
2005.09.23, 10:20 AM
The overland course should be somewhere between a road course, and a crawler course... hope that narrows it down !!! :D

We'll test when more of the terrain is built, and we will let you know approximate required ground clearances. If I get my way... you'll have to know the CG of your vehicle too, that's usually a main part of flight requirements ! ;)

Mucho props to Ruf !!! F1 is finally reborn for us !
Thanks to Enzok for doing the research as well !

I should have a rendering of the GTG's road course as soon as I get an inventory of RCP.

Oh yeah... forgot to update, the GTG Nov. 5th & 6th event is now on the event thread.