PDA

View Full Version : what kind of batteries do you use?

mersingt
2005.06.08, 09:10 PM
what kind i was thinking of getting some rechargeables

arch2b
2005.06.08, 09:17 PM
please do a search on batteries. there are only so many to choose from and just about all have been reviewed thoroughly :p

me, i prefer the rayovak IC3's

mersingt
2005.06.08, 09:25 PM
please do a search on batteries. there are only so many to choose from and just about all have been reviewed thoroughly :p

me, i prefer the rayovak IC3's

sorry im just trying to maybe get into mini-z's....although its gonna cost some money :mad: i might be buying from the shop and its gonna be the ol teh bearings and soem tires and batterys....thats gonna be expensive...

arch2b
2005.06.08, 09:29 PM
np :p it's definately not a cheap hobby :o

Rev.Chuck
2005.06.08, 10:18 PM
Search is your freind. But, I use the radioshack batteries and charger. They work fine for me. I only run for twenty or thirty minutes before going on to other things like cooking dinner so I have never run them down in one shot tho.

mersingt
2005.06.08, 10:31 PM
Search is your freind. But, I use the radioshack batteries and charger. They work fine for me. I only run for twenty or thirty minutes before going on to other things like cooking dinner so I have never run them down in one shot tho.

which ones? the xmod ones i heard they stink

bda52
2005.06.08, 11:06 PM

I have not had a problem with RS's xmod batteries. The ones arch mentioned have a quicker recharge, 15 mins, compared to RS at 1 hour.

Rev.Chuck
2005.06.08, 11:29 PM
One of the joys of the internet view point, things are either great or they suck.
There are probably better batts and chargers out there than the RS setup. But mine never set the house or the car on fire. They never failed to charge up. The charger had a little light to let me know that it was charging and when it was done. It was cheap. The car ran fine with them. There were twelve places within fifteen minutes of my house stocking them*.
I had two sets of batteries, so even when I ran it a bunch on the Xmod(which ate batteries) I never had to wait for charge. For the guy that races against other people there are systems that work better. If you run one around the house for fun it will probably never matter.

* This is a big deal. Many people like to see and hold something before buying. Unfortunatly there are not to many Hobby shops around, so the internet is the only place in town.

Ang
2005.06.09, 08:54 AM
Guess I'm the only guy who runs a 6 cell AA on an Overland Bigfoot. I don't have to change the batteries :)

solartech
2005.06.11, 07:03 PM
looks heavy!

solartech
2005.06.11, 07:04 PM
to start out with, the R.S, batterys are good but for racing I would use some rayovacs

will3kgt
2005.06.12, 03:29 AM
I have energizer 850Mah when I'm not trying to use Lith-Ions.