PDA

View Full Version : Mini q series. anyone seen this before?

aeroelasticmz
2005.06.22, 05:35 PM
Hi ppl,

came across this item in Ebay,

http://cgi.*******o.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5982775865&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

the * stands for e b a y . c

to see it, copy the link above and paste it on your browser then replace the * by e b a y . c

it looks like mini z, but slightly longer. anyone has any idea about it performance? or generally how does it comapare to mini z...

there is a picture attached below..

Samuelf
2005.06.25, 04:39 PM
Hi ppl,

came across this item in Ebay,

http://cgi.*******o.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5982775865&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

the * stands for e b a y . c

to see it, copy the link above and paste it on your browser then replace the * by e b a y . c

it looks like mini z, but slightly longer. anyone has any idea about it performance? or generally how does it comapare to mini z...

there is a picture attached below..

That one looks kind of cheap. I kind of like the cheesy copy of the Kyosho Mad Force body... They even stole the design concept of the logo. ;)

Actually, the body looks better than that of the Iwaver Monster (Not that I use the body when I run around trashing and bashing with mine... ;) and could probably be painted to look quite ok. A good/cheap way to get a new set of tires/rims and a paintable body, perhaps?

techno
2005.06.25, 05:08 PM
That one looks kind of cheap. I kind of like the cheesy copy of the Kyosho Mad Force body... They even stole the design concept of the logo. ;)

Actually, the body looks better than that of the Iwaver Monster (Not that I use the body when I run around trashing and bashing with mine... ;) and could probably be painted to look quite ok. A good/cheap way to get a new set of tires/rims and a paintable body, perhaps?
the hummers they have look cool and they also have jeeps and difrent treaded tires on some

arch2b
2005.06.25, 08:05 PM
i wonder if the unimogs could be modified to use 1:18 motor and electronics?

aeroelasticmz
2005.06.26, 11:10 AM
Hi..

honestly all your suggestions are good but I guess no one can answer the questions now, seems like nobody has own this stuff.. maybe it just came out in australia..hopefully someone can answer this questions soon..

but the price is really cheap, i saw one ended on Ebay with less than 10 australian dollar, its the shipping that cost more than that...

TNB
2005.06.26, 11:46 AM
That looks like a copy of the Kyosho Mini-Z-Monster Mad Force Color Type 6. Even most of the other body types are very similar to Kyosho color schemes except with "Top Speed". That black one with the gold wheels must be their version of one of Kyosho's 40th Anniversary Editions. However, at least all the tires appear to be going in the same direction though in some photos they look slightly different too.

http://www.mini-z.jp/modules/catalog/photos/79.jpg

If you purchase one in order to attempt to save a few bucks and the electronics are garbage, then you'll know one reason why it is priced cheap. After all, look at that transmitter radio and read where the site specifically states that they are available in "3 different frequents." Why not at least 6? To me that is a big red flag.

Have fun and make a follow-up post after you purchase one.

aeroelasticmz
2005.06.26, 04:52 PM
Ya TNB thats true.. I post this here just to see if anyone know more about these trucks. might be another option for us to use some alternative parts such as the bodies on kyosho...

Mondo
2005.06.27, 07:11 AM
These are made by Timber in Hong Kong (http://www.timber.hk/items/9296/index.htm)

Look at the photos in the link and you'll notice the following:

No wheel nuts on wheels - probably push/friction fit to the axle/s
Totaly sealed motor enclosure
No articulation/links on the chassis at all - it seems to be a monocoque chassis design
They even have a big brother version too!

It seems they borrowed the look and feel of the MZM by means of the wheel design, wheelie bar, bodyshell and battery covers.
On closer inspection this is just a cheapie dressed up :)

See the rest of the el-cheapo Timber range here (http://www.timber.hk/)

aeroelasticmz
2005.06.27, 04:56 PM
Very good information Mondo, thanks.

I think this is much worse than iwaver. But some of the bodies do look nice, imagine putting the military version of H1 on kyosho mini monster, will be nice i reckon..

carfreak_22
2005.06.27, 05:10 PM
oh man! I wanna pop one of those jeep bodies on my mzm.

kehern15
2005.06.28, 04:57 AM
has anyone seen the video? i dont have an e bay account so i cant view it...

azzachaz
2005.06.28, 11:59 PM
They dont seem too bad on the vid

They are like the iWaver00/palmrunner version of the iWaver04/MZM

Samuelf
2005.07.06, 04:48 AM
Even if the rims aren't usable, perhaps the tires are the correct dimension. They look pretty nifty too... I'm probably going to end up buying one just to check them out and then give it to my daughters. =)

Samuelf
2005.07.06, 04:50 AM
Hmm.. After a closer inspection of the pictures it kind of looks as if the tires aren't wide enough... Oh well. Perhaps I'll get one anyway. =)

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.06, 09:17 AM
Even if the rims aren't usable, perhaps the tires are the correct dimension. They look pretty nifty too... I'm probably going to end up buying one just to check them out and then give it to my daughters. =)

Hah thats a good idea.. your daughter should be delighted too... tell us how you find the truck work.... thanks...