PDA

View Full Version : has anyoen cut their comms?

ruknd@aol.com
2005.06.26, 12:02 PM
I have an orion lathe with a diamond bit..I was goingto try to cut a comm but I wasnt sure if its possible...anyone doen it...tips? The lathe may infact be too big.

pchan0
2005.06.26, 12:13 PM
I have an orion lathe with a diamond bit..I was goingto try to cut a comm but I wasnt sure if its possible...anyone doen it...tips? The lathe may infact be too big.

The comm size is very small on these motors, I guess you can true it on a new motor. Just skim it once to make sure it is true...

Zrc
2005.06.28, 08:17 AM
I can't imagine that the armature would even fit on the lathe. Most, if not all of them, are designed for 540 sized armatures.

Dustin
2005.06.28, 09:42 PM
You can not use a 540 lathe. You must use a lathe like is used for slot motors. There are a few different people who make slot lathes that will work for Zs.

Fast Ones
2005.08.09, 09:32 PM
Yes your armature comms can be cut. It does take a slot comm cutter to do so.

We offer Comm Cutting Services as well Dynamic BALANCING Services for small sized arms ( H.O. , 1/32 and 1/24 Slot Racing Armatures, Mini Z Armatures ). We have been Balancing arms for over 15 years now and our Balancing has won countless National and World Championships in Slot Car racing as well as National Championships in R/C and H.O. Racing.

We also Re-Charge Magnets.

If your really looking for Top Performance, we offer a armature Epoxying Service that will keep your wires in place for btter performance and reliability. If your running Big Wire Low number of turns arms, then this will increase your performance.

If you need more information and pricing, please contact me at fast1ron@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Ron