PDA

View Full Version : Reflex Racing Products!!

pchan0
2005.06.30, 01:15 AM
Any of you guys tried their motor hooch? That thing rocks, my motor was faster than ever! Just one tiny drop is enough as inform from Ruf, its dialed!!

pchan0
2005.06.30, 01:26 AM
My car... :cool:

pchan0
2005.06.30, 01:31 AM
My pic table... :)

wkn
2005.06.30, 02:29 AM
yeah it makes it a lot faster but don't put to much in.

ruf
2005.06.30, 11:50 AM
If you put too much in, you can usually blow it out. Take a couple of practice laps at 1/4 throttle, and it should sling off and be super punchy! If you give it more than 1/4 throttle while the hooch is bogging it, then you'll just be wasting battery and you might be caught off guard when the motor finally does catch!

It also works well in 1/10 scale. That's where it originally came from.

pomme de terre
2005.06.30, 06:44 PM
nice ex10 :)

gasman1
2005.07.04, 11:11 AM
My pic table... :)

Where did you get that Powerstation distribution box?
I've been looking for something like that for a while now.

pchan0
2005.07.04, 12:22 PM
Where did you get that Powerstation distribution box?
I've been looking for something like that for a while now.

Hi, you can make DIY one very easily using radio shack shelf parts at about $25USD. I brought mine from Much More racing for around $35USD.

gasman1
2005.07.04, 01:22 PM
Hi, you can make DIY one very easily using radio shack shelf parts at about $25USD. I brought mine from Much More racing for around $35USD.

Thanks for the info

ph2t
2005.07.04, 07:15 PM
pchan, how do you find the atomic batteries?

cheers,

ph2t.

GR/C
2005.07.04, 09:55 PM

cheers,

ph2t.

Atomic Mini-Z Products (http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=2)

GR/C

pchan0
2005.07.04, 11:08 PM

cheers,

ph2t.

Do you mean how I liked them or where you can get them? I got them from the egr website. They are really great for 5 minutes qualify or main, they pack a punch with my charging setting during the first 5 minutes then slowly not as punch. Intellect so far are the best batteries I've tried!

TITANIUM
2005.07.05, 12:52 AM
pchan0, have you tried GP950's?
if so then i guess i should try Intellect...do they only come in 750mAh?

pchan0
2005.07.05, 09:40 AM
pchan0, have you tried GP950's?
if so then i guess i should try Intellect...do they only come in 750mAh?

Titanium, yes I've tried GP's 950mAh cells. Simply a sunday drive cells no punch, just long runtimes. So far Intellect only has 750mAh, are you not making runtime with 750mAh or just want more capacity? Atomics white and Intellects are the best in the market right now.

TITANIUM
2005.07.05, 12:36 PM
I am running gp950 simply because they are better than the other two brands I have tried....I thought gp950 were stronger & punchy...so apparently I need to try Intellect 750mAh's!!
thanks for the info.... :D

T Man
2005.07.05, 01:03 PM
Those Much More chargers are so sweet. They're really expensive though.

pchan0
2005.07.05, 01:37 PM
Those Much More chargers are so sweet. They're really expensive though.

Not really expensive and it charges the cells MUCH MORE better... :cool: :D

CristianTabush
2005.07.07, 02:06 PM
Have you guys tried Rayovac IC3's? That' what we run down here, we haven't found anything better. Ruf even tested them at his office (the company he works for actually made the machine or something that rayovac used to design the batteries). Both punch and runtime is better than everything we've tried.

ruf
2005.07.07, 02:15 PM
Still need to get ahold of some of those Intellect batteries to test out. We'll have some data on those in about a week.

TITANIUM
2005.07.07, 03:46 PM
be sure to follow up....i would like to know the intellect judgement..

gasman1
2005.09.21, 11:36 AM
Still need to get ahold of some of those Intellect batteries to test out. We'll have some data on those in about a week.

where can you get these batteries? can't seem to find them.

Aaronnn
2005.09.21, 11:41 AM
i have a bunch...they are good but i think they need a good charger to make them work well...(like a ice charger)
pnracing.com
has them...
and stellamodels.net

gasman1
2005.09.21, 12:13 PM
i have a bunch...they are good but i think they need a good charger to make them work well...(like a ice charger)
pnracing.com
has them...
and stellamodels.net

I have an ICE charger. Thanks for the info

Are they sold as Intellects on PN's site because I went there and didn't find them in their battery section. Are they relabled?

Aaronnn
2005.09.21, 12:48 PM
look under mr-02 section

gasman1
2005.09.21, 01:39 PM
look under mr-02 section

I just looked there. I must be blind because I don't see them in the MR-02 section or the Batteries section. I looking at www.pnracing.com

pchan0
2005.09.21, 01:41 PM
I just looked there. I must be blind because I don't see them in the MR-02 section or the Batteries section. I looking at www.pnracing.com

http://www.rckenon.com

Aaronnn
2005.09.21, 02:00 PM
oops, sorry, i should have linked you to that...
....rckenon is the sales side of pn.......

Aaronnn
2005.09.21, 02:03 PM
. Are they relabled?

i dont know for how long....
but ive had them for a month now and love them....

gasman1
2005.09.21, 03:12 PM
i dont know for how long....
but ive had them for a month now and love them....

Found them, thanks

PINCIR
2005.09.22, 04:36 AM
what is a motor hooch? can i use it on my stock mr 2 or do i need some mods?

Aaronnn
2005.09.22, 12:31 PM
its a comm drop for any motor.....look up RUF's web site

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.28, 08:24 AM
I ordered some intellect batteries also...with an energizer 15 minute charger will these batteries get the full potential like what you are talking about with the ice charger?

reggiethedorf
2005.11.06, 08:56 AM
whats teh verdict on intellect cells ? i got a pack for winning a C-main, and right out of the pack one was dead on arrival. i got that swaped, but now one of them is giving problems while charging in a varta charger, the light keeps on blinking, wont connect up well. i only used them for about 3 cycles, and they perform really well, but people at my local track say that after about 10 cycles their performance goes down the drain. as a result im "saving" the intellects so that i can run some races with them before they die after 10 cycles.

ruf
2005.11.08, 11:20 AM
The Intellect cells have great punch. We used them to win the stock and F1 world championships!

STAY TUNED FOR WC REPLICA PACKAGES! All of the parts that we used to build our winning MR02 and F1 bundled together!

bda52
2005.11.08, 05:41 PM
The Intellect cells have great punch. We used them to win the stock and F1 world championships!

STAY TUNED FOR WC REPLICA PACKAGES! All of the parts that we used to build our winning MR02 and F1 bundled together!

Cool! Could you give us a little guess (not quote) on about how much it would cost? Also, will you be including a copy of your setup sheet from the event?

(autographed so I can sell it on ebay....err I mean frame it....yea, that's the ticket!...LOL j/k)

bolter9
2005.11.08, 05:44 PM

definitely looking forward to this!! I can see my fellow racers trembling in fear!

CristianTabush
2005.11.10, 01:04 PM
Price range is probably going to be in the 250-300 dollar range. The cars will be blueprinted and individually tuned. Price may seem a little high but remember these cars will be set up with each and every option imaginable.

CristianTabush
2005.11.10, 01:06 PM
BTW, setup sheets should be up in our website as soon as Joe gets a little time and uploads them... He's just been really busy with work and business school apps lately.

bda52
2005.11.10, 01:16 PM
Out of my price range, darn it. :(

Thanks for the updates Cristian.

ruf
2005.11.10, 02:09 PM
Sorry bout the updates, like Cristian said, real life get in the way of the fun stuff every now and then! ;) Considering that a bone stock Mini-Z costs about $140, I don't think that $100-150 worth of INSTALLED hopups is that much at all. Just start adding up stuff like a diff, rear pod, disk damper, etc and you'll get the picture.

The F1 upgrade package will be offered as a tuning kit/parts bundle since F1 readysets are pretty scarce. With the price of the readyset OUT of the price, it should be much more affordable. The F1 honestly needs less work than the MR02 to get it up to speed. We may start taking in cars for blueprint building for a fee. Any of our local racers can tell you that our cars may not look that different from everyone elses, but it's the little details that add up to consistency and THAT is what ultimately wins you races.

The MR02 package will probably be sold as a readyset. We may offer the package by itself for you DIY guys to make it more affordable. We value what you guys think as our fellow racers, so feel free to email us with your input on what you want. We know what works for us, but ultimately its your car and we need to find out what works best for you.

bda52
2005.11.10, 03:27 PM
ruf, thanks for the additional update. I was thinking the hopup parts alone were going to be costing $250-300. I was not even thinking that would be an RTR set.

Thanks.

pchan0
2005.11.10, 03:37 PM
Out of my price range, darn it. :(

Thanks for the updates Cristian.

I want Joe Chen's autograph!!!!

ruf
2005.11.10, 03:47 PM
pchan - Hahaha! The funny thing is that there were some little kids that wanted us to sign their t-shirts. We signed a lot of shirts (everyone did) as mementos from the race, esp for the guys from overseas. Kinda made me feel famous even though I know that's FAR from the truth! ;)

bda - Would you be willing to pay $300 for a race-readyset? It's going to be tough to get it to $250, especially including labor. It takes me at least 3-4 hours to build a Mini-Z the way we like. Even at minimum wage, it's $30 over the price of the parts, and I don't think my time is worth that. That's why I'm kind of more interested in putting out the parts packages. Custom built and blueprinted cars would be special projects.

bda52
2005.11.10, 03:59 PM
bda - Would you be willing to pay $300 for a race-readyset? It's going to be tough to get it to $250, especially including labor. It takes me at least 3-4 hours to build a Mini-Z the way we like. Even at minimum wage, it's $30 over the price of the parts, and I don't think my time is worth that. That's why I'm kind of more interested in putting out the parts packages. Custom built and blueprinted cars would be special projects.

Honestly, no but there is a huge reason. In my area, I am the only one running Z's that I know of. The only places close to me that runs them is Tom Thumb's (3.5 hours one way) and DoW (4.5 hours one way).

If there was some group closer to me, yes the interest would be there in an RTR. Personally I would be interested more in just the hop-ups, kind of like how IW offers the alloy all-in-one kit.

ruf
2005.11.10, 04:20 PM
I see. That's what I figured most ppl would be interested in. It's definitely an effective improvement and it lets us sell you the parts cheaper while still making a little money. Kind of like AE's Factory Team upgrade.

The only issue is that I see cars every weekend with all the same stuff as we have, and they're just not as smooth, fast, consistent, predictable, etc. There's just no bolt-on hop-up part that can replace polishing, shimming, and shaving until everything is just right.

bolter9
2005.11.10, 04:30 PM
I see. That's what I figured most ppl would be interested in. It's definitely an effective improvement and it lets us sell you the parts cheaper while still making a little money. Kind of like AE's Factory Team upgrade.

The only issue is that I see cars every weekend with all the same stuff as we have, and they're just not as smooth, fast, consistent, predictable, etc. There's just no bolt-on hop-up part that can replace polishing, shimming, and shaving until everything is just right.

offer all three options maybe. A ready set that's pre-tuned, an option to send your car in to get the work done, and then a package with the parts and a downloadable PDF/video that includes instructions on how to perform the manual tweaks that you guys do. (you can charge for the PDF too!)

I'd go for the parts kit, and I'd definitely pay money for good instructions on the custom tweaks.

bda52
2005.11.10, 04:31 PM

Maybe instead of producing an RTR set and putting that capital into it, make it so customers could send their Z to you to get the upgrade fitted. (You can be the Chip Foose of Mini-Z's...LOL) Specify that this upgrade is designed for Kyosho MR-02 but you would be willing to install on Gen 1 IW02 and Firelap02's but results may vary.

lfisminiz
2005.11.10, 10:21 PM
Im in let me know when your ready.

LBRC
2005.11.11, 01:55 AM

So-so true.

$300 didn’t sound bad at all for what you’d get, especially when you consider that with a working example of what a car should feel and drive like it is much easier to improve other or future cars. Alas it seems like people will always be willing to pay more for something that looks fast, or might be straight line :rolleyes: , but have trouble forking out the extra cash for something that has faster lap times.

bolter9
2005.11.11, 03:01 AM
So-so true.

$300 didn’t sound bad at all for what you’d get, especially when you consider that with a working example of what a car should feel and drive like it is much easier to improve other or future cars. Alas it seems like people will always be willing to pay more for something that looks fast, or might be straight line :rolleyes: , but have trouble forking out the extra cash for something that has faster lap times.

I'll take better handling over straight line speed anyday. That was the concept back when I used to ride motorcycles...anybody can whack the throttle in a straight and do 160mph...but it takes real skill and a good setup to be fast through the corners. For the record, I wasn't that fast :p

ruf
2005.11.11, 12:01 PM
Haha! I like to track my RC51 when I get time. It scares the crap out of me when I get the stickers sucked off my plastics by semi-pro 600 guys but its still fun! :)

The F1 kit is posted! :D