PDA

View Full Version : Question about Frequency Crystals

mithuth
2005.06.30, 08:37 PM
I ordered my MZM and asked for A1, but received A2. This wouldn't be a problem, if the same thing didn't happen to my friend. He asked for A6 and got A2. Now we can't run our cars together. 8(

My question is this... Can I use my spare Xmods crystals in my MZM and controller as long as I make sure I am using the TX and RX in the right place?

bda52
2005.06.30, 09:35 PM
I ordered my MZM and asked for A1, but received A2. This wouldn't be a problem, if the same thing didn't happen to my friend. He asked for A6 and got A2. Now we can't run our cars together. 8(

My question is this... Can I use my spare Xmods crystals in my MZM and controller as long as I make sure I am using the TX and RX in the right place?

I am not sure what you mean by "in the right place" but from other posts on the board, yes you can use RS xmod crystals in Mini-Z's.

TheGiftedOne
2005.06.30, 10:04 PM
by "the right place" he just means the rx crystal in the reciever, and the tx crystal in the radio. yes it will work.

Draconious
2005.06.30, 10:48 PM
see: http://www.quantumrc.com/A_Frequencies.html

mithuth
2005.07.02, 07:54 AM
Thanks everyone. This saved us a lot of issues trying to track down some new crystals. Maybe later today I can grab some pics / videos of us ripping around the neighborhood. :D

bolter9
2005.07.02, 11:01 AM
I use xmod crystals in my Zs on a regular basis- gotta get "some" use out of my xmod investment :rolleyes: