PDA

View Full Version : 4WD questions

Stoovey
2005.07.08, 05:47 PM
If I've got two motor running off the stock Monster OL ESC and battery configuration, will it put more strain on the ESC? Or will it just drain the batteries quicker? Should I consider a FET stack upgrade if I'm going to do the 4WD mod? What about running more batteries?

Also, how do I wire the front axle so it rotates opposite the rear? If they both rotate as normal, wouldn't the front direction oppose the rear direction, thus causing the OL to go nowhere?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I need answers so I can continue with my project. Thanks.

maestroelite
2005.07.08, 09:54 PM
If I've got two motor running off the stock Monster OL ESC and battery configuration, will it put more strain on the ESC? Or will it just drain the batteries quicker? Should I consider a FET stack upgrade if I'm going to do the 4WD mod? What about running more batteries?

Also, how do I wire the front axle so it rotates opposite the rear? If they both rotate as normal, wouldn't the front direction oppose the rear direction, thus causing the OL to go nowhere?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I need answers so I can continue with my project. Thanks.

Well, you can just wire one of the motors opposite of the other-should work perfectly. Either that or switch the magnets inside one of the cans.

Stoovey
2005.07.09, 02:01 AM
Well, you can just wire one of the motors opposite of the other-should work perfectly. Either that or switch the magnets inside one of the cans.

You mean, instead of red-red together and black-black together, I would wire red-black and red-black? Or something like that? Seems to me it would be like that, as the mod examples I've seen before never mention switching the magnets. Thanks.