PDA

View Full Version : PeP Boys floor mats

SteelHead
2005.07.10, 12:02 PM
I've seen a lot of tracks made from these mats(not just the Pep Boys ones)and was wondering how many tiles it would take to cover a 10x20 foot floor?And has anyone ever used electical conduet for track beaires.I use it outside for my 18th scale stuf and it works great.Thanks, Garrett :D

DogbreathRacing
2005.07.10, 12:26 PM
10X20 floor requires 50 2X2 tiles to cover :)
I turn the flat cut end of the tiles up for barriers then duct tape them

saiyan
2005.07.10, 02:38 PM
Electrical conduit is nice in that it is flexable and would help with laying out a track design, but i think it would be to hard once you secure it. I wouldn't want to crack a body shell on it. I like the idea of using the flat edge pieces for barriers though or maybe some other foam product like maybe pool noodles or something. One of our local guys who is also on this forum (dustyweasel) just baught some fatigue mats for track use, so i'm sure we'll get to try it out and see what will work.

maestroelite
2005.07.10, 03:12 PM
I think Sam's Club has the best deal on these, its only $16 for 8 2x2 tiles. They work pretty well, especially for the price. Between me and a friend we have 40 tiles and it can make a pretty good size track.

saiyan
2005.07.10, 03:18 PM
Does Sam's club require a membership?

bda52
2005.07.10, 03:52 PM
Does Sam's club require a membership?

Yes they do. I do not remember the amount though.

saiyan
2005.07.10, 05:14 PM
Well i will see if someone i know has a Sam's club membership, but i doubt it, so i'll look else where for them, maybe Pepboys.

SteelHead
2005.07.10, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

rkk
2005.07.12, 05:45 PM
Just bought RCP I'll be looking to get rid of mine. I had 80 tiles but let me see how many I am using in my gym. If anyone is interested We can talk. Best if you are in Denver area to bebat shipping but I think we can still make a deal.

rkk
2005.07.12, 10:12 PM
OK so I have some extra tiles now. About 40 to be exact. Not all of them fit together perfectly. They are the same interlock pattern but 2 companies so not a perfect match. $1 per tile plus shipping. If I am out of line here please pull this post.

cdog4w
2005.07.14, 01:09 PM
OK so I have some extra tiles now. About 40 to be exact. Not all of them fit together perfectly. They are the same interlock pattern but 2 companies so not a perfect match. $1 per tile plus shipping. If I am out of line here please pull this post.

I'd be interested in 20 or so if you can give me 20 from the same company? Or all from the same company if its 30 and you don't want to have leftovers from 1 company. Can you maybe get a shipping quote to Seattle? 98101?

Would it come with the border pieces? Appreciate it!

AtlRC
2005.07.15, 02:39 PM

Can you tell me if any of the tiles that you have are from Pep Boys, and if they are 13mm thick(slightly over 1/2") and light gray in color? If so, I'd like to buy as many of this type that you have. I'm trying to match the ones that I have (from Pep Boys) and they quit selling these exact kind. They are still selling them, but now they are 3/8" thick.

Thanks!

rkk
2005.07.15, 04:10 PM
Actually none of them are from pep boys I'll have to measure. A good protion of them are already spoken for. How many are you looking for AtlRC?

cdog4w
2005.07.15, 05:29 PM
Any update on shipping cost rkk? The prospect of higher quality track and more of it has me drooling :)

This is what I'm working with now: http://cstanleyw4.home.comcast.net/rc/epoch/

Tried a few different ways of securing the mats, but it turned out simple masking tape was all it really needed. In the end tho they're warping a bit (from storing standing up), so the track is feeling a bit abused. I think the jigsaw interlock would really help on that.

AtlRC
2005.07.24, 08:54 PM
Actually none of them are from pep boys I'll have to measure. A good protion of them are already spoken for. How many are you looking for AtlRC?

If the dimensions are correct and the color is a light gray, I may take as many as you have left. I need the 13mm thickness. LMK. Thanks.