PDA

View Full Version : My cheerokee monster..

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.13, 10:37 AM
Hi ppl... got my first monster and put a jeep body onto it.. monster is fun to drive... photos...

pHREDD
2005.07.13, 10:49 AM
Looks great. I have seen that body before and almost got it.

arch2b
2005.07.13, 10:53 AM
i've seen some nice tricker out liberty's. would it fit on an overland?

Boss302
2005.07.13, 12:16 PM
Why do you have Cheroke lables on a Liberty? :confused: :p

Looks really nice, kinda toyish, but VERY cool.

Stoovey
2005.07.13, 01:22 PM
That's a Cherokee, not a Liberty. That's why. Both look similar, but it is definitely not a Liberty.

toyjunker
2005.07.13, 01:31 PM
That's a Cherokee, not a Liberty. That's why. Both look similar, but it is definitely not a Liberty.

Hmmmmmmmm...

arch2b
2005.07.13, 01:33 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...
my thoughts exactly

toyjunker
2005.07.13, 01:40 PM
my thoughts exactly

Aha!

In the UK, where aeroelasticmz resides, our Liberty is indeed a Cherokee!

Jeep Cherokee UK (http://www.jeep.co.uk/jeep/page_cherokee.aspx?ID=446,0)

My apologies for doubting you, aeroelasticmz and stoovey. That tricky international re-badging issue got me.
:rolleyes:

arch2b
2005.07.13, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: that can lead to many misconceptions and understandings. why the new name for u.s. then? i understand some names just don't translate well but that situation can just be confusing as it's used in both countries yet on different models.

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.13, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: that can lead to many misconceptions and understandings. why the new name for u.s. then? i understand some names just don't translate well but that situation can just be confusing as it's used in both countries yet on different models.

Hi ppl..

Well to be honest, I dont know which one is true. it just happened to be a toy body that i pick up which i thought can fit onto my overland.

but it end up too long even for the H1 setting arch, so i kept it for few months until i have my first monster chassis.. pop it on and never noticed about the sticker saying if its cheerokee or liberty...

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.13, 01:52 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...

from the photos, mine definitely look like the liberty.. thanks for the photos..

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.13, 01:53 PM
Aha!

In the UK, where aeroelasticmz resides, our Liberty is indeed a Cherokee!

Jeep Cherokee UK (http://www.jeep.co.uk/jeep/page_cherokee.aspx?ID=446,0)

My apologies for doubting you, aeroelasticmz and stoovey. That tricky international re-badging issue got me.
:rolleyes:

aha... no problem toyjunker.. btw, like your toyota flat bed...

i guess its the manufaacturer of the toy company that got the label wrong and it confused all of us here...

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.13, 01:55 PM
Why do you have Cheroke lables on a Liberty? :confused: :p

Looks really nice, kinda toyish, but VERY cool.

ya its a bit toyish, i have added some black lining on it, if not its even worse.. like a toy car for youngs.. but it kind of fit well with monster setting..

but it looks a bit different in these photos, a bit more 'plasticky' .. the rear body is more shiny though it doesnt have the gloss coat thing like Kyosho body.. its the photo's effect I guess..

bda52
2005.07.13, 09:11 PM

Just like the Harrier and Lexus.....Liberty may have already been trademarked in the UK with another car company so the name Cherokee had to be used there. In the US, I believe the name was changed since the Liberty is quite a bit smaller than the Cherokee it replaced.

Dominick Shaunt
2005.07.15, 03:54 PM
which ever jeep body it is it looks pretty sweet on there !!! :)

aeroelasticmz
2005.07.15, 06:49 PM
Just like the Harrier and Lexus.....Liberty may have already been trademarked in the UK with another car company so the name Cherokee had to be used there. In the US, I believe the name was changed since the Liberty is quite a bit smaller than the Cherokee it replaced.

thats true bda, its the name that is confusing sometime...