PDA

View Full Version : Got my Son and Myself both a Monster & did 6 Cell Mod

deam
2005.07.29, 01:33 PM
Hello everybody here,

I just got my son (3 1/2 Years old, and good learning :) ) and myself a Mini-Z monster, I have the 40th SE Model.
Today I did the 6 cell Mod, that is already an improvement.
I had a Nitro Shumacher Fusion and a Mad Force 1:8 so I am used to speed....
A few years ago I designed a custom chassis for the Mad Force, but I had some private priorities to take care of, so I stopped making them and stopped RC.
But once you got in you can't get out... ;) BUt this time I haven't and don't want to spend that kind of money anymore... I want it to be fun. So I looked into Mini-z and you can do a lot of custom work on your Mini-z and don't get broke, and break your Mini-Z and it will be still fun to repair... (try blowing up a Brushless controller of your E-Maxx like I did... :( )
O.k. enough about myself....
Since I did the 6 Cell Mod, I started thinking about making a custom chassis for it, I already started drawing in my CAD prog. But aree there any special wishes from users here? or Things I should be aware of?
I know Lithium will be faster, but the design I have planned will be easy to create a version to let it hold 2XAA sized batteries, and since I don't know yet If I can / will produce them in a greater quantity, I already want to be sure. Most people could enjoy the chassis. (I won't post any pictures until it is finished since I have some bad experience with a business copying my design.

So people please help me out, to design a nice and functional chassis, for this little monster!

Dimitri

The Netherlands

Mondo
2005.07.30, 04:55 AM
Dimitri

Welcome to Mini-ZRacer.com
Nice to see another European based Member, there are some but Most of our Members hail from North America.
It's good to see another modifier too, we have quite a few Members who embark on modifying their monsters, everything from FET stacks, Li-Ions and Coreless motor modifications.
Enjoy your stay at Mini-ZRacer.com and we look forward you your contributuions
More importantly, you and your son have fun with those little Monsters ;)

deam
2005.07.30, 05:03 AM
Dimitri

Welcome to Mini-ZRacer.com
Nice to see another European based Member, there are some but Most of our Members hail from North America.
It's good to see another modifier too, we have quite a few Members who embark on modifying their monsters, everything from FET stacks, Li-Ions and Coreless motor modifications.
Enjoy your stay at Mini-ZRacer.com and we look forward you your contributuions
More importantly, you and your son have fun with those little Monsters ;)

FET Stack will be indeed the next thing to do....

Ang
2005.08.06, 11:18 AM
Any pics of the 6 cell mod ? How's the run time ?

deam
2005.08.15, 01:47 PM
Not any pics at the moment, I am looking for a cleaner setup on the 6 cell. Because I couldn't get the Body on. I am going to design a little chassis for it I think. Runtime is a bit dissapointing. My time is focused on another project right now - Brushless MiniZilla- But after that I'll continue on the Mini-Z again. But I'll think I go lithium... since I got myself a good charger for Lipos in the MiniZilla.