PDA

View Full Version : Cedar City GTG Sept.

TITANIUM
2005.08.01, 01:18 AM
Sept. when?
did you guys decide?

briankstan
2005.08.01, 01:24 AM
I think we are planning on sept 3rd. Thats the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.01, 01:36 AM
ok! thats sounds great!
BTW, are you going to bring any track with you?

briankstan
2005.08.01, 01:40 AM
Well I am goint to see if anyone else want to come and carpool. then I can bring the wifes van, and fit alot of track and the timing system.

Will we be ok using the your warehouse that weekend?

TITANIUM
2005.08.01, 01:41 AM
yes, and most of the stuff is gone now, for even more room!

briankstan
2005.08.01, 01:43 AM
hopefully I can get at least 2 more people to come down with us. So me and Kelly and maybe 2 more. hopefully we can get 6 people or more.

TITANIUM
2005.08.01, 02:19 PM
thats allot of pizza i need to buy... :eek:

which is my pleasure to have you all here!

Lets Race!

rkk
2005.08.01, 03:25 PM
A long drive but I can't seem to find anyone here to race with.

TNB
2005.08.01, 03:26 PM
Where? Cedar City.

TITANIUM
2005.08.01, 04:41 PM

8-10 hours one way...?

Youíre more than welcome to race....

but thatís one HELLLL of a drive....

probably cheaper to fly than drive!....

briankstan
2005.08.01, 06:59 PM
it's 3 hrs one way for us. If you would like to come your more than welcome too. It will be a good time.

The more people we can get the more fun we will have. 6 or more would be great.

briankstan
2005.08.01, 07:03 PM

I did mapquest and its about 580 miles. so its will be around an 8 hr. drive.
580 miles.

you could alway drive real fast. :D

briankstan
2005.08.02, 12:01 PM
I sent a email to all the members of saltlake Mini-Z, hopefully a couple will want to come race with us. I'll let you know.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 01:53 PM
I will be up on the 11th for your Club Race!
i cant wait!
BTW, the Cedar City GTG is going to be an x-speed class instead of a stock 130 ok?
anyone is welcome to use a stock motor if they want...just as long as they know they have the option...
or we can do some stock only races, its ok with me...i just dont want to do stock the entire event...

briankstan
2005.08.02, 02:01 PM
no problem, I have an x-speed, I'll have to see if I can get one for kelly. and see if anyone else has them.

just remember that the Aug 11th. is stock motors only.

brian

TNB
2005.08.02, 03:35 PM
BTW, the Cedar City GTG is going to be an x-speed class instead of a stock 130 ok?
What about the PN Racing handout motors in the F1s (not that I've even fixed my F1 yet)?

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 03:59 PM
no problem, I have an x-speed, I'll have to see if I can get one for kelly. and see if anyone else has them.

just remember that the Aug 11th. is stock motors only.

brian

yes i remember...and i look forward to it...
i lov stock racing ....

btw, for the CC GTG i have many many x-speed type motors...i will just give one to anyone who wants one...

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 04:02 PM
What about the PN Racing handout motors in the F1s (not that I've even fixed my F1 yet)?

i dont think anybody has a F1 but u & i...so if you bring it...i will bring mine....
and yes, just a speedy will do....

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 07:21 PM
ok, all,
i will set the CC GTG for Sept.3rd!
:D

TNB
2005.08.03, 10:29 PM
I'll tell the cats about the trip later since I don't want to upset them now. ;)

davkin
2005.08.04, 01:54 AM
I'm actually considering going to this, however I don't want to drive 7 hours just to play with Mini-Z's for a few hours, sorry guys, I'm not that hardcore. :D If I can talk Luke into going down with me on Friday so we can get some R/C rock crawling at Three Peaks in that afternoon/evening then I'll go.

David

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 02:42 AM
I'm actually considering going to this, however I don't want to drive 7 hours just to play with Mini-Z's for a few hours, sorry guys, I'm not that hardcore. :D If I can talk Luke into going down with me on Friday so we can get some R/C rock crawling at Three Peaks in that afternoon/evening then I'll go.

David

whatcha mean play?....haha we will be racing!... :D

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 02:49 AM
I'll tell the cats about the trip later since I don't want to upset them now. ;)

and im not going to bother in telling guy about the race but a few days before...
maybe it wonít give him enough time to back out.....hahahaha.....

and that dude up at radio shack probably wonít show either...
so anyway at least it will be like last time ...the four amigos...or is that supposed to be three...oh, well whatever...olíay..... :D

davkin
2005.08.04, 09:14 AM
whatcha mean play?....haha we will be racing!...

Is it really racing if there's nothing on the line? :D

David

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 11:48 AM
Is it really racing if there's nothing on the line? :D

David

huh ? .......racing is racing whether there is anything on the line or not...

just curious what you mean...
what has to be on the line to make it a "race" for you?

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 11:50 AM
hey, David...i was watching pinks on speed channel...
now theres an idea....we can do that type of racing... :D

davkin
2005.08.04, 07:23 PM
just curious what you mean...

Well, there's racing and there's RACING. You're not gonna tell me there isn't a difference between just getting together a bunch of guys and having a litte pick-up racing and a real event where championship points or trophies are on the line? To me a get together is just playing around and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just need more reason than that to drive 7 hours.

now theres an idea....we can do that type of racing...

Why don't I just ship my car to you now? It would be easier and cheaper for me than to travel all the way down there to get beat on the track. :D That would be the end of Mini-Z racing for me too. I only have the one MR02 now, (well the OL as well, but I can't race that against MR02's) and I ain't gonna buy another one.

David

TNB
2005.08.04, 07:39 PM
Well, there's racing and there's RACING. You're not gonna tell me there isn't a difference between just getting together a bunch of guys and having a litte pick-up racing and a real event where championship points or trophies are on the line? To me a get together is just playing around and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just need more reason than that to drive 7 hours.
Yes, there is "fun" racing and there is "serious" racing. One type has more BS than the other and quite frankly, I've read enough threads about that garbage, heard enough complaints from so-called racers, and listened to enough track owners. For the one who breaks his antenna, tosses down his RC, and runs off crying like a baby--I can take a photo and post it on this thread. Then I guess the "racing" would simply be about saving face. However, if those are the kind of racers that this GTG is going to attract, I may go to Cedar City, stop in and say hello, and then leave since I could simply stay here, race, and hear the same garbage without spending $100 on gasoline doing it.

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 11:56 PM

Why don't I just ship my car to you now? It would be easier and cheaper for me than to travel all the way down there to get beat on the track. :D That would be the end of Mini-Z racing for me too. I only have the one MR02 now, (well the OL as well, but I can't race that against MR02's) and I ain't gonna buy another one.

David

I was just kidding around a bit...you seemed to want to have something on the line so I just thought that it didnít get more intense than "pinks" hahaha....

but anyway....if you donít want to call a gtg racing then thatís fine with me...
it really is no big deal...nor worth the typing about it...
you just caught me off guard with your down play of our GTG....
so like I said before....were not just going to play...we are going to race....
just like our last event, and the one before...
nobody won...nobody lost...but we raced....

feel free to have your own GTG "race free environment..."and if im invited Iíll try to show up and happily do race free laps with you & your group...

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 12:00 AM
Yes, there is "fun" racing and there is "serious" racing. One type has more BS than the other and quite frankly, I've read enough threads about that garbage, heard enough complaints from so-called racers, and listened to enough track owners. For the one who breaks his antenna, tosses down his RC, and runs off crying like a baby--I can take a photo and post it on this thread. Then I guess the "racing" would simply be about saving face. However, if those are the kind of racers that this GTG is going to attract, I may go to Cedar City, stop in and say hello, and then leave since I could simply stay here, race, and hear the same garbage without spending $100 on gasoline doing it.

TNB! im sure it will be the same as last time...an execellent time in my book!

besides, you cant back out...im having something special made up for you & everybody that will be there!
(it had nothing to do with davids comments...this was already pre-planned)

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 12:04 AM

i'm sorry I canít give you any better reason to race here other than the experience of it...

davkin
2005.08.05, 12:58 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt any feelings by "downplaying" the gtg. :D I guess since we already race twice a month here as well as have the occasional test and tune it's hard for me to get excited about driving 7 hours for a gtg. I enjoyed it when we played over there in June, but I had other things going on to interest me and make the trip worthwhile. I can see it would mean more if we didn't have regular racing with a good group already to have a special gtg, so I can see why you look so forward to it. I also have other interests in R/C as well as a scale model building hobby, (and I'm involved in a club and competition with that as well.) so I have my hands full as it is.

As far as the racing attitude, well, we've got a good bunch of guys here and that kind of attitude is never displayed here. If it ever is I'll nip it in the bud, it won't be tolerated in our Mini-Z club. That's a large part of what killed 1/10 on road racing here.

David

briankstan
2005.08.05, 01:10 AM
I know it will just be a good fun time. except this time it might be a little more challenging for your guys (Titanium and TNB). I know that we have improved since we last raced together. In my mind it doesn't really matter who wins as long as it's me. (oops did I type that :D )

All kidding aside as long as everyone does the best they can, than that's all that matters. It's always a fun time WIN or LOSE. I'm just here because it fun for me.

It will be nice to have a timing system there too. It's suppose to ship tomarrow.

Brian

TNB
2005.08.05, 01:59 AM
TNB! im sure it will be the same as last time...an execellent time in my book!

besides, you cant back out...im having something special made up for you & everybody that will be there!
(it had nothing to do with davids comments...this was already pre-planned)
Well I have mentioned it to my mom, yet I have not told the cats. That bad thing is that the more trips I make that way, the more my mom expects me that way each time there is a three-day holiday and she'd rather have me make it a four-day holiday. Not that it should matter since I should have lots of vacation time coming, but something does usually happen at the last minute.

By the way, I may have problems making the California trip come October since the office should be moved into a new building by November 1st which probably means last minute moving in October. I'm also checking into houses and townhouses closer to where I'll be working so I may end up moving around that time as well--I want to hold out here up until the last minute.
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt any feelings by "downplaying" the gtg. :D
Well if I took it wrong it may be because I am a mod at a forum with around 200,000 members and I read a lot of bs posts and complaints as well as hear a lot of bs complaints at the track. I just would rather not hear it if I have to drive several hours out of my way too.
I know it will just be a good fun time. except this time it might be a little more challenging for your guys (Titanium and TNB). I know that we have improved since we last raced together. In my mind it doesn't really matter who wins as long as it's me. (oops did I type that :D )

All kidding aside as long as everyone does the best they can, than that's all that matters. It's always a fun time WIN or LOSE. I'm just here because it fun for me.

It will be nice to have a timing system there too. It's suppose to ship tomarrow.

Brian
I'm hoping for a good time in Cedar City as well and you may just whip my butt anyway since I haven't even fixed my F1 more or less ran any Zs since the last trip. However, tonight I have been getting ready to run my Mugen mbX5 tomorrow if the local track is open--the bad thing is three of the off-road tracks are all racing on the same night (Saturday). I'll try to test and tune on Friday and race on Saturday.

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 02:16 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt any feelings by "downplaying" the gtg. :D I guess since we already race twice a month here as well as have the occasional test and tune it's hard for me to get excited about driving 7 hours for a gtg. I enjoyed it when we played over there in June, but I had other things going on to interest me and make the trip worthwhile. I can see it would mean more if we didn't have regular racing with a good group already to have a special gtg, so I can see why you look so forward to it. I also have other interests in R/C as well as a scale model building hobby, (and I'm involved in a club and competition with that as well.) so I have my hands full as it is.

As far as the racing attitude, well, we've got a good bunch of guys here and that kind of attitude is never displayed here. If it ever is I'll nip it in the bud, it won't be tolerated in our Mini-Z club. That's a large part of what killed 1/10 on road racing here.

David

no comment....i want my thread back..........

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 02:28 AM

Brian

i agree !
and also, as good as you raced with a stock radio...i expect your going to do some tango with us, now that you have the new radio!

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 02:38 AM
I'm hoping for a good time in Cedar City as well and you may just whip my butt anyway since I haven't even fixed my F1 more or less ran any Zs since the last trip. .

it will be a good time... just like the last...
good old fashion racing attitudes,
with the added pizzas!
and also yes, maybe a whippin by the SLC boys....

davkin
2005.08.05, 07:47 PM
and also yes, maybe a whippin by the SLC boys....

Well, not by me, even if I did show up. :D Brian is doing quite well now, much better than me now but that's not saying much. However he made the mistake of letting Chad drive an MR02 so Chad bought one and is kicking butt again.

Anyways, I've decided for sure I'll be going to Moab the next week. Two trips a week apart is a little too hard on my bank account and life in general so I'll pass on this Cedar City GTG, though I will most likely be seeing you in a few days Aaron, that is unless you're plans have changed.

David

TITANIUM
2005.08.05, 07:59 PM
no change...im looking forward in running with the big SLC club!
btw, you never gave me a report back of the GPM tires...
did you like them? did they help?
if youíre interested... I now have found a better RCP set-up for stock 130 racing...
GPM 25d "A" type fronts, & GPM 8d slicks rear...
excellent set-up I think....but it wont work well with anything
other than stock 130....

briankstan
2005.08.05, 11:33 PM
Well, not by me, even if I did show up. :D Brian is doing quite well now, much better than me now but that's not saying much. However he made the mistake of letting Chad drive an MR02 so Chad bought one and is kicking butt again.

David

I disagree, Yes, chad won both races, but I fiished only 1/2 lap down on the 50 lap race and only 2 down on the 100 lap race. concidering that I was down the 2 laps after about 10 laps (poor driving on my part) He didn't gain anymore on me for the following 90 laps. he was driving really good. I just wouldn't say kicking butt.

I would rather be beat by better driving than win with superior equipment. My hat is off to Chad and how consistant his driving is. I'm trying to be more consistant myself. I'm actually glad that both he and Luke decided to purchase new cars. I don't really care who wins, I just want the races to be as competitive as possible, and Luke car had some serious issues.

I personally would love it if we all finished on the same lap, even if I was the last to cross the finish line. that would be one heck of a race.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.06, 01:10 AM
I personally would love it if we all finished on the same lap, even if I was the last to cross the finish line. that would be one heck of a race.

Brian

I SECOND THAT! Most excellent Racing attitude!
:D

briankstan
2005.08.12, 01:17 PM
Aaron,

thanks for comming up here to race with everyone. I had a great time, everyone else did as well.

So how was it driving with 6 other cars on the track. It's alot more fun then running by yourself, huh. Plus it's great practice for your cup races.

So what did you think of everyone? and their driving? Everyone has been improving quite a bit lately and the laps between everyone in our races is getting alot closer.

it would be great if you do end up moving to salt lake somewhere. It would be great having you at all of our races. Keep me updated on what happens with that.

I'm looking forward to the Cedar City GTG. I guess it looks like it's going to be at least You, me, kelly and TNB, anyone else plan on comming?. it would be nice if we have 6 or more drivers.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.12, 03:12 PM
ya i just think your club is great!, and all the members are great!...
fun to be around...
i hope to race again with you all!

as for moving to slc...it is my primary job search area so lets hope for the best.
for those who dont know...Alltel communications purchased the company i work for (western wireless) and the new management is not adopting our platform...
in otherwords they dont want to let me go, but if i dont move to a company location and sit in a cubicle i will need to be let go.....
they are base in little rock and i dont want to live there...(but if i cant find a good job i may just need too...)

there are a few jobs avail in vegas....but i havent applied yet...im really looking at SLC...(since slc is where i went to high school it feels like home to me)

anyway wish me luck...

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 01:45 AM
two weeks away, any news of any other racers coming other than Brian, Kelly & TNB?

briankstan
2005.08.21, 02:18 AM
two weeks away, any news of any other racers coming other than Brian, Kelly & TNB?

I'll ask again at our next race this thursday. All they will have to do is ride along with us.

Brian

p.s. How is the job hunt going?

TITANIUM
2005.08.25, 01:21 AM
well im not having luck with slc...
and I still want to remain with my current employer im shooting now for a job with them that is in Denver ...it is about two steps forward of my current position...so lets hope it works out!....

anyway, it is possible that this sept 3rd CC GTG might be the last one... :(

whereís the lap timing system?!!!...(it will be shipped tomorrow over, and over again...man if they ship you any more "tomorrow" you will have enough for everybody on mzr to have one...hahahaha)

davkin
2005.08.25, 01:21 AM
So, is this still on? I almost hate to say it but I'm reconsidering and may be going. I have a friend performing at the Iron County Fair on Friday, so that gives me more than one reason to make a trip. My bank account will be screaming uncle though. :eek:

If this is still on will it be at that same warehouse Aaron, considering you job situation I figure maybe you won't have access to that warehouse?.

David

davkin
2005.08.25, 01:23 AM
LOL! Aaron and I posted at the exact same time! LOL!

David

briankstan
2005.08.25, 01:34 AM
whereís the lap timing system?!!!...(it will be shipped tomorrow over, and over again...man if they ship you any more "tomorrow" you will have enough for everybody on mzr to have one...hahahaha)

Well let me tell you where the timing system is. IT SET UP ON MY TRACK RIGHT NOW.

Kelly and I are getting everything set up. it works really great. we will be using it at our race tomarrow and I will be bringing it to ceader city with me.

David. I hope you will be able to go, that would be great, hopefully some of the other will be able to. after all it's just one day!

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.25, 01:36 AM
well im still employed up to the end of the year at my current position...
the company that bought us out, has/will re-located my position to little rock...and I donít want to go there....I would rather get a different position within the company and have more of a choice in location...(Denver is close enough to keep my wife from getting to upset about the whole deal)
(plus it would be a great job position compared to what i do now)

anyway, yes it would be nice to have you!....and yes at the warehouse!

TITANIUM
2005.08.25, 01:40 AM
Well let me tell you where the timing system is. IT SET UP ON MY TRACK RIGHT NOW.

Kelly and I are getting everything set up. it works really great. we will be using it at our race tomarrow and I will be bringing it to ceader city with me.

David. I hope you will be able to go, that would be great, hopefully some of the other will be able to. after all it's just one day!

Brian

its about time! what was the special something they said was worth waiting for? (besides the excellent timinig system)

briankstan
2005.08.25, 01:44 AM
its about time! what was the special something they said was worth waiting for? (besides the excellent timinig system)

The upgrade to the pro system and they threw in some extra transponders. We have it all working and it's awesome.

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.25, 01:50 AM
cool...............

briankstan
2005.08.30, 12:56 AM
Well we are all set for this weekend, Kelly and I will be comming for sure, I'm going to hit the guys up again at our race this thursday, so will see.

How much track should I bring? just 1 like last time, or do we want a bigger track?
let me know.

I will be bringing the timing system down with me. it won't take long to set up. Is there going to be anyone there that is going to need a trasponder? I bring a couple extra just in case.

Brian

briankstan
2005.08.30, 12:30 PM
GTG Update:

We will be starting at 10:00 for track & timing system setup...

we will be racing until everyone is tired and wants to go home. Last time it was 6 hrs. so come prepared.

we will have a very large track setup with around 4 1/2 Wide L tracks. this is going to be a huge track, We will also be runnig the New Core timing system. So here is your chance to check it out, if you haven't seen or raced with it.

Calling all racers from far and away!! Anyone that wants to come is welcome, Mini-z, iwaver, xmods.

Email me at briankstan@saltlakemini-z.com for more info and directions.

Brian

TNB
2005.08.30, 01:44 PM
So, is this still on? I almost hate to say it but I'm reconsidering and may be going. I have a friend performing at the Iron County Fair on Friday, so that gives me more than one reason to make a trip. My bank account will be screaming uncle though.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger--One trip to Utah in September and two trips to California in October, not to mention one of the hairy kids got scared when drinking some water and barfed it up in my power amp the other day. That was $500 down the drain. The only thing funny about it was watching the salespeople at the store trying to figure out if such an accident would be covered under warranty.

Brian,
Bring done one of the new Xmods, Iwavers, and Mini-Z while you are at it. ;) I will probably bring down an RC18T and Mini-Inferno for the heck of it.

Ti,
I know the relatives have something planned and I need to call for more information before I leave--it may also have something to do with the fair so I'm not sure what time I'll show up on Saturday since all I know it had something to do with something going on in one of the other nearby towns.

Aaronnn
2005.08.30, 03:02 PM
my titanium is on hold until after worlds...im going to keep it at 777 posts for luck.

yes its going to be a great time!...i will meet you all there at 10am...
we will have real racing this time...thanks to brians system!

tnb, i will be going to the "big fair" that evening also so i guess you will be able to meet all my family again...(since the fair isnt all that big im sure we will see each other)

i hope to get guy to show up to the race..but dont count on it......

later

TNB
2005.08.30, 04:38 PM
A,
If it was a Kyosho event, then 777 may help a "little". One less Xmod on the track doesn't bother me though the new Xmod Evo does look a lot like the Kyosho Mini-Zs, is supposed to have more power, a better transmitter, and actually be able to turn all for a price of $60.00. If I can use my Futaba T3PK with it, I may venture over to the other side just to check it out.

By the way, I was stationed in Denver long ago. Not bad, but you have better like snow. Oh yea, it does snow where you live. Opps. ;)

briankstan
2005.08.30, 04:41 PM
TNB, are the new xmods available in stores yet? I have 3 useless ones sitting on my shelf at home. I might check them out.

TNB
2005.08.30, 05:01 PM
TNB, are the new xmods available in stores yet? I have 3 useless ones sitting on my shelf at home. I might check them out.
It's my understanding that the new Xmod won't hit the stores until October, but that they can be preordered if you provide the local store with the product number or "SKU" and then it can be shipped directly to you. However, I have also read that some of the stores are not doing it and/or that Radio Shack has basically quit taking preorders--as many Xmod owners as there are probably out there, Radio Shack may not even be able to handle the initial demand since you know there are probably a lot of Xmod owners out there just dying to stomp some Kyosho Mini-Z owners without having to use lion upgrades. There is an old TransAm Firebird that looks kind of nice and since I used to own a TransAm. Myself, I figure that if the new and improved Xmod can actually turn, then Radio Shack may start selling the RCP Mini-Tile 96 too. All I know for sure is that the new Kyosho Mini-Z better be able to compete with both the new Xmod and new Iwaver, which includes price as well as performance.

This link has many of the part numbers: http://www.freewebs.com/tofast4u/spreadsheet.htm

You may also notice that there are also truck bodies now.

briankstan
2005.08.30, 05:23 PM
I'll hold off on any opinion on the new xmod and the new iwaver until they are actually release and available.

As far as I'm concerned they still have to knock the Mini-z off the top. Everything up till this point is just speculation. I have seen some videos and such but it's all pre-release stuff. When I see some actual review form actual owners than I might concider them again.

It would be nice to have something less expensive that can be an option, if it can be competitive. It might help bring more people into the hobby.

Do you know of any links to videos of Xmods running on Rcp tracks? I would be interested in seeing them.

Brian

TNB
2005.08.30, 07:38 PM
Do you know of any links to videos of Xmods running on Rcp tracks? I would be interested in seeing them.
Not of any of the new Xmods and I can't seem to recall where I saw the old Xmod videos. Perhaps, Xmodsrc. Control distance is listed at 100 feet and Speed is also listed as 880 fps--why not mph? I don't really know what the distance is of the Kyosho Mini-Z stock transmitter and MR02, but I would hope it is a lot farther than the 100 feet rating of the new improved Xmod. Stock speed, I do know. Now if someone wants to convert the new and improved Xmod speed to mph. Perhaps, Aaronn will do that. ;)

briankstan
2005.08.30, 07:43 PM
that would have to be feet per minute. 800 feet/minute = 10 miles/hr.

880 feet/second = 600 miles/hr. I don't think so.

TNB
2005.08.30, 08:24 PM
My mistake, it was fpm.

If it is only 10mph, then although the new Xmod may be faster than the older Xmod (6.5 mph, January 2004 issue of Xtreme RC Cars at page 135), it would still be slower than an MR02 Enzo, which was rated at 15 mph (with 8T) in the December issue of RC Car Action at page 136. By the way, I don't have the older issues any more but I know where I quoted them in the Xmod v. Mini-Z "arguments".

Myself, the radio issue is most important and though I have seen a few photos posted by Xmod Evo owners, I have yet to read anything from someone who has actually used any of the upper level "module" transmitters, i.e. M8/M11, Ex10 Helios, or T3PK.

Aaronnn
2005.09.02, 01:50 PM
FYI,
:cool: for my track and area a good set-up for x-speed type speeds is:
15d slick fronts, 8d tread rear, yellow springs, medium h-plate, disc dampener soft springs and no oil.

briankstan
2005.09.04, 01:45 AM
We made it home safely. three hours drive is along way after 6 hrs. of racing, but it was worth it.

I want to thank Aaron for letting us invade his warehouse and providing lunch. Kelly and I both had lots of fun and enjoyed running with you and TNB again.

here is the pic of the track it's almost 5 wide L tracks. it what huge, I really liked the layout and thought that it had a great flow.

I'll get the pics, timing graphs and videos up soon.

Brian

arch2b
2005.09.04, 01:54 AM
definately a huge track! what were the lap times like?

briankstan
2005.09.04, 01:57 AM
the lap times were anywhere from the mid 10 second thru 14 second.

Most of the average times per race were, around 13.45, except for aaron, his was in the mid 12's. (I bet you can guess who won all but one race).

arch2b
2005.09.04, 02:05 AM
it's nice to see that you guys could meet up for some racing! this is the same type of regional event my club and the pa club dorls on wheels are trying to make a routine thing. it goes along way in putting faces to names and developing your skills.

Aaronnn
2005.09.04, 05:15 PM
im glad to see your safely home.
I really had a great time racing on such a nice track!...I really enjoyed the super chicane!
the core system really made things so cool to see results after each race!....
I was hoping you couldnít find room for it in your car for the trip home..... :D
you know every trip you go on it seems you have less room for your stuff....
I would have gladly held on to it....haha

Brian put a hurting on me the first stock 130 race...(yes I got beat by a noobie)
I just could not catch him....
but all the rest seemed to go better for me....we all really ran close allot of the time...
Especially me & tnb...when we get together we can run quit a bit within inches of each other...

anyway, I really enjoy stock 130 racing over anything else....(excluding F1)
itís just so fun to have really good control of the car and run so close with everybody.....and such a big track makes for an excellent time with any type of racing :D

TNB
2005.09.06, 06:30 PM
Then some dummy forgets to put in his transponder. :o Yes, I finally made it home and decided to check the board real quick--the hairy kids are happy, happy. I enjoyed the run and it was fun. :) However, I think I had either better order some batteries or at least cycle a few sets instead of letting them sit for two months before the next race. I did find the other set of batteries in one of my other Zs from the Fourth of July holidays. My next trip to CC will probably be around Turkey Day though I should see you next month anyway.