PDA

View Full Version : New Ford GT

briankstan
2005.08.02, 10:33 PM
Look what I got in the mail today. I had to take pictures first thing. it has a wheel base that is just alittle narrower that the enzo and it sits just a little lower then the enzo.

hope you enjoy the pics. they are from all different angles.

Brian

briankstan
2005.08.02, 10:35 PM
here are the rest.

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 10:41 PM
WELL WELL WELL...LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO PUT SOME PAINT MARKS ON IT... :D

so is this going to be a shelf queen or will i see it on the track 8/11?

really looks cool...!

briankstan
2005.08.02, 10:46 PM
Well I don't think it will fit on my racer setup. with the disk dampner and top spring. I think it will sit on the shelf, at least for awhile. I'm sure I'll end up racing it eventually. :eek:

Brian

TITANIUM
2005.08.02, 10:48 PM
RM or MM?

and how much narrower?

briankstan
2005.08.02, 10:58 PM
it's a MM mount

I attached a picture, after a second look, I actually think it the same offset.

wkn
2005.08.03, 01:42 AM
that is nice man i am going to wate till minizracer gets them in and i will buy one from the shop.is there anyway that you can put it on you enzo chassis and see if the wheels are the same offset.thanks.

saiyan
2005.08.03, 02:42 AM
The thing that sucks is that as far as i can tell it is only available in the red with white color scheme. I was hopin for a blue with white stripes.

Could you tell me if the body will accept a light kit?

briankstan
2005.08.03, 09:42 AM
The thing that sucks is that as far as i can tell it is only available in the red with white color scheme. I was hopin for a blue with white stripes.

Could you tell me if the body will accept a light kit?

I wish it came in all the colors that Iwaver has. The quality and detail can't be beat though.

I check when I get home if it will accept a light kit.

that is nice man i am going to wate till minizracer gets them in and i will buy one from the shop.is there anyway that you can put it on you enzo chassis and see if the wheels are the same offset.thanks.

I'll put it on my Enzo chassis tonight and see how it fits, but comparing the wheel widths on both they are the same. I'll let you know for sure.

Brian

arch2b
2005.08.03, 12:13 PM
if the wheelbases are the same as the enzo i can safley say it will likely be the new track favorite. i don't care for the enzo styling so the ford gt is more to my likeing even though i'm still not crazy about it either.

davkin
2005.08.03, 03:39 PM
Oh comon Brian. You gotta race it! I want the honor of the first to put a mark on it. :D

David

Lionblade
2005.08.03, 04:24 PM
When our shop gets some in, I'll probably take a look at it, even though I don't care for red...even though I run a red Enzo, but it was the right price when I bought it. At a time when every other 02 was $199.99, $169.99 looks awfully good.

If they do indeed match, there's a good chance I'll pick it over the Murcielago autoscale, since my poor Enzo is being held together by superglue now. One good whack and its run since October will be kaput. :(

That is, unless it's gonna be $49.99 for the autoscale when it gets here, like the Murcielago is. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying more than 1/3 of a new Z for just a body. If worst comes to worst, screw it all, I'll get an unpainted Enzo.

Really hoping that's not the case though, I'd like to have a different body.

Edit: By the way, what color is your enzo, sky blue? VERY nice.

TITANIUM
2005.08.03, 05:40 PM
lion,
i started to read your post...then quit...my eyes dont work as well as yours apparently..
so forgive me if i skip u....

TITANIUM
2005.08.03, 05:41 PM
it's a MM mount

I attached a picture, after a second look, I actually think it the same offset.

WHAT ABOUT THE FRONT OFFSET?

briankstan
2005.08.03, 05:54 PM
as requested.

The offset of the wheels is the same as the enzo, I have attached pis of the Ford GT body on my Enzo chassis with enzo offset wheels front and back.

The body will accept the light kit it has the removable plugs in both the front and the back.

Brian

saiyan
2005.08.03, 06:01 PM
Awsome, thanks for letting me know about the plugs for the light kit.

wkn
2005.08.03, 06:20 PM
thanks for leting me know if the body works with the enzo chassis.

lfisminiz
2005.08.03, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the pics and info. Im waiting for the body also.

Lionblade
2005.08.03, 09:23 PM
lion,
i started to read your post...then quit...my eyes dont work as well as yours apparently..
so forgive me if i skip u....

Haha, that's because I wear glasses. :p

I'll repost it, since I suppose black on dark grey is hard to read.

It said: "When our shop gets some in, I'll probably take a look at it, even though I don't care for red...even though I run a red Enzo, but it was the right price when I bought it. At a time when every other 02 was $199.99, $169.99 looks awfully good.

If they do indeed match, there's a good chance I'll pick it over the Murcielago autoscale, since my poor Enzo is being held together by superglue now. One good whack and its run since October will be kaput. :(

That is, unless it's gonna be $49.99 for the autoscale when it gets here, like the Murcielago is. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying more than 1/3 of a new Z for just a body. If worst comes to worst, screw it all, I'll get an unpainted Enzo.

Really hoping that's not the case though, I'd like to have a different body.

Edit: By the way, what color is your enzo, sky blue? VERY nice."

There you go, Titanium. Sorry about that, I use black at every other forum, it's become a habit.

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 01:24 AM
oh, man do you own thing...really...im just sayin...forgive me if I skip ya....
I could mess around with my monitor and get it...but im lazy that way....

anyway, let me tell you...ive gone from there to way over there with different bodies....
and I just canít get happy with anything other than an enzo....!
except in stock class I do like MCL a bit...but still not as much as the enzo...

now this new GT I havenít had a chance to try it...but I donít think it will seduce me away....
the murcie almost did.....but then i got a glimse of them sitting next to each other both facing me...and the enzo just looked so killer compared....

its all in ones taste....

anyway,

Brian... i cant wait to race with ya soon...get that GT ready... :D

TITANIUM
2005.08.04, 01:36 AM
btw, that enzo was painted by me.....
it was nice...(for a complete amateur)
I found the paint at walmart...hobby section...testors spray can..."boyds blue" or something close to that...
there were three or four "boyds colors"..purple, green, blue..maybe red also...

anyway...the key (I could have done better the second time around) is a very very very light coat...instead of 4 coats...maybe 10 lighter coats would be better!...
(one coat a day max!)
wait five days, then two light gloss coats.
then hand paint all the gloss black

and keep in mind no dust anywhere ever!

oh ya, cut off the mirrors first....

herman
2005.08.04, 02:02 AM
damn... that looks good... a whole lot better than the iwavers version.... now i think i want one... :D

oh ya, cut off the mirrors first....

hmm... just wondering are they the bendable rubber type? or are they plastic which is prone to snapping off at the first sign of a sidewall encounter? :confused:

briankstan
2005.08.04, 08:51 AM
They are rubber, I wouldn't say soft though, I'm sure they wouldn't last long. My Mercedes SLR had soft rubber mirros and they were great until one fell off and I lost it. I just removed the other one.

I just don't think you can keep the mirrors on a car that you race.

Brian

Lionblade
2005.08.04, 02:16 PM
I just don't think you can keep the mirrors on a car that you race.

No unless you're so good that no one can touch you, doubt that's ever gonna happen to any of us. :rolleyes:

kurtmeyer69
2005.08.04, 04:50 PM
will this be offered as a readyset? kurt

briankstan
2005.08.04, 05:48 PM
will this be offered as a readyset? kurt

It is already available as a ready set. check around,and email the shop. I'm sure they will be getting them any time.

lfisminiz
2005.08.04, 06:57 PM
As far as the rubber mirrors, put a drop of glue on the inside of body. Its working so far.

kurtmeyer69
2005.08.05, 09:26 AM
It is already available as a ready set. check around,and email the shop. I'm sure they will be getting them any time.
NOT THE mustang gt...but that awesome ford gt....

arch2b
2005.08.05, 09:52 AM
i do not know of any body that has not been released as a readyset. the basic assumption should be they will intially be released in readyset form with autoscales to follow. this has typically been the case for the last 2 years.

the aoshima and skynet bodies are the only ones that seem to be hard to find in autoscale form. their are special edition bodies as well that only get released in either one forum or the other.

i do not know when the shop will receive thier alllotment however they typically have gotten them fairly quickly. if you ever have a question regarding availability you can always email the shop. they appear to be available on ebay and members have bought them off the shelf in asian markets.

briankstan
2005.08.05, 11:25 AM
NOT THE mustang gt...but that awesome ford gt....

Yes, I meant the Ford GT, it is available as a ready set. I don't know if the shop here has them, yet. you will need to email them and ask about that.

I purchased the Autoscale, but the ready set was available.

Check ebay. there are a couple there or were there. They are all listed from dealers in hong kong. it only took 4 days to receive mine.

Brian

kurtmeyer69
2005.08.05, 02:13 PM
i will email david...thanks kurt