PDA

View Full Version : replacement pinions

pimpsmurf
2005.08.08, 09:46 PM
I'm looking at getting some (preferably delrin) replacement pinion gears for my Mini-z Monster. I chewed up my 12 tooth really fast :D

Is mzw24 an acceptable replacement for it?

Alloy would be awsome if it has a set screw. I hate pinion pullers. I can always locktite a setscrew. Pinion pullers suck.

Thanks!
-JNY

HammerZ
2005.08.09, 02:35 AM
If it's the overland pinion set, yes it will fit. I use that myself, just on mine my stock gear got to slipping on the motor shaft. These gears fit tighter, so you are putting the power down and going. These are what I use. These are listed as out of stock at the moment, but send the shop an email because these are the good ones.

Draconious
2005.08.09, 05:37 AM
the OL pinions and monster pinions are different... I use to think they were the same till a few days ago lol... the OL pinons dont have a "neck", and the monster pinions do...

HammerZ
2005.08.09, 05:06 PM
That may be true, but they still work fine. Just as long as it clears the counter gear.

pimpsmurf
2005.08.13, 12:37 AM
thanks a lot guys! =)

-JNY

HammerZ
2005.08.21, 07:48 PM
the OL pinions and monster pinions are different... I use to think they were the same till a few days ago lol... the OL pinons dont have a "neck", and the monster pinions do...

I looked at my stock pinions and the monster pinions do have that neck, with the teeth they are the same width overall. I wonder if Kyosho made them that way so that they would slip on the motor shaft instead of knocking teeth off the counter gear like the Overland is known for. I have used the OL SP pinions on my Monster with no problems. I did check to see that they clear the case, I may have to go back and check the 11t and 12t pinions though.