PDA

View Full Version : Custom Club Track Logo

briankstan
2005.08.10, 12:00 AM
here is the new Logo for our Salt Lake Mini-z Club. I did a drawing and then made a stencil with some construction paper. I think the results turned out good.

the first pic is of the Club Logo, the second and third pics are the logos on the track. I chose not to use the checkered flag on the track, it would have been to difficult to make the stencil with the checker board pattern.

Brian

bda52
2005.08.10, 02:36 AM
here is the new Logo for our Salt Lake Mini-z Club. I did a drawing and then made a stencil with some construction paper. I think the results turned out good.

the first pic is of the Club Logo, the second and third pics are the logos on the track. I chose not to use the checkered flag on the track, it would have been to difficult to make the stencil with the checker board pattern.

Brian

Brian, what kind of paint did you use on the track surface? Thanks

TITANIUM
2005.08.10, 03:51 AM
Cool....!!!!!!!!

arch2b
2005.08.10, 06:42 AM
very nice!

i too was wondering what paint was used as i have thought of doing this for a long time. i didn't want the paint to create slick spots or sticky spots on the track surface.

briankstan
2005.08.10, 09:41 AM
very nice!

i too was wondering what paint was used as i have thought of doing this for a long time. i didn't want the paint to create slick spots or sticky spots on the track surface.

I used an enamel spray paint. it doesn't create a slick surface, it turned out like the starting strip texture that comes on the RCP track Surface.

the most important tip that I can give is to put on a lot of light layers, and let them dry in between coats. the paint drys quickly on the foam surface.

Brian

DogbreathRacing
2005.08.10, 11:02 AM
Coolness....I did a starting line on our foam track with some flat white enamel and it turned out real well, no slick spot at all and it wears like it would if it was on asphalt :)

TNB
2005.08.10, 03:46 PM
I chose not to use the checkered flag on the track, it would have been to difficult to make the stencil with the checker board pattern.
It looks good, but I guess a "Bennie" logo is out then. :(

Fish
2005.08.10, 04:46 PM
It looks good, but I guess a "Bennie" logo is out then. :(

Not entirely. If you have access to a vinyl cutter, you'll be able to make some complicated stencils and stuff.

briankstan
2005.08.10, 05:28 PM
Not entirely. If you have access to a vinyl cutter, you'll be able to make some complicated stencils and stuff.

you are probably right, my stencil consisted of my printer a pen and a hobby razor knife. everything was cut by hand. I might try it sometime, but I don't really think I need it. It looks good like it is.

Brian

lfisminiz
2005.08.10, 08:00 PM
Very cool idea for the track....mmmm got me thinking.

Ken Mifune
2005.08.10, 10:34 PM
Nice Logo. Try some club T-shirts.

briankstan
2005.08.10, 10:57 PM
Nice Logo. Try some club T-shirts.

I thought of that, I'll have to see where and how much they would be, but I like you thinking.

Brian

bda52
2005.08.10, 11:25 PM
I thought of that, I'll have to see where and how much they would be, but I like you thinking.

Brian

You could do it yourself http://www.hanes2u.com/software/lite/lite_download.htm

saiyan
2005.08.11, 01:27 AM
Ya, I like this idea of yours to paint your club banner on the track. It will be good for pics of the cars next to the logo. I was thinkin of doing some "bill boards" with mini-z related and generic banners on them to give it a scale appearance.

Fish
2005.08.11, 02:48 PM
you are probably right, my stencil consisted of my printer a pen and a hobby razor knife. everything was cut by hand. I might try it sometime, but I don't really think I need it. It looks good like it is.

Yep, it does look good. A nice bridge over the start/finish line with your banner hanging from might look pretty cool too.

So the paint stuck to the side rails as good as it stuck to the track surface?

briankstan
2005.08.11, 04:05 PM
Yep, it does look good. A nice bridge over the start/finish line with your banner hanging from might look pretty cool too.

So the paint stuck to the side rails as good as it stuck to the track surface?

I only had to use a light coat on the side rails. the track surface required a thick coat (alot of light coats). I haven't had any problem with them rubbing off.

Brian

briankstan
2005.08.14, 03:12 PM
very nice!

After having our first race with the logo on the track, I didn't notice any slick or stick parts on the the logo. The exact paint that I used is: American Trends Interior/Exterior Ultra Enamel Spray paint w/ a satin finish. I purchased it from Lowes.

I also check the track and rail to see if it would rub off. I rubbed it with my finger and nother happend, it didn't rub off or smear. (of course it was dry first)

if anyone else does this on there track I would like to see the results. post some pics.

I would like to see some of the other club logos out there. post some pics if you have them. if not, get some :D

Brian

arch2b
2005.08.14, 05:55 PM
i would need someone to cut a stencil for my logo to do this. i just can't find the time :( otherwise i would do this tomorrow

Ken Mifune
2005.08.15, 12:05 AM
Lets see the logo. If it's not too detailed, I'll cut it.

arch2b
2005.08.15, 06:53 AM
right now it's mostly fonts which would be a huge pain. i guess i'll need to do a redesign just for the track... thanks for the offer though. it's much appreciated :p